My predictions for the upcoming event

FlyinSpaghetti

I predict a mass of complaints regarding the shady characters, the PTS was a ghost town so this event wasn't properly stress tested to handle the zerg a high pop live server could put on it.

Expect mass gatherings around a small number of spawn spots on each of contract planets, avoid the lower level contract planets like a plague as these are going to be swarming with F2P. Expect to spam your drinks/probe without too much success and if a shady character decides to attack make sure you get the first hit in case of the probability someone can actually pinch your loot (i.e. the chance of an information drop).

In short, this is going to be like obtaining the dessler explorer but on steroids.

Happy zerging!!

It's exactly as you have stated, what a waste of time. How difficult is it to put the required npc's in their own instances?

I feel it's just lazy programming & another unwanted time sink.

I was looking forward to this event, but now I shall not bother, good job BioWare

It's exactly as you have stated, what a waste of time. How difficult is it to put the required npc's in their own instances?

I feel it's just lazy programming & another unwanted time sink.

I was looking forward to this event, but now I shall not bother, good job BioWare

Difference between your opinion and mine is I'm not blaming bioware for it (at least directly) but rather the people who couldn't be bothered to check out the content on the PTS (and who usually end up complaining later on when it hits live).

If people don't help fill up the test servers once in a while then this is what we end up with, static mobs are never going to work well with an event like this however you will never see this sort of zerg on the PTS so people can't exactly highlight it and say "look there's the problem" before it hits live.

Difference between your opinion and mine is I'm not blaming bioware for it (at least directly) but rather the people who couldn't be bothered to check out the content on the PTS (and who usually end up complaining later on when it hits live).

The Bounty Contract event wasn't released on the PTS.

As it shouldn't be.

Even if it was... you'd blame the players for how the event turned out? That logic is.. well completely retarded. BioWare designed it, this is their game. They're 100% responsible. No one else. They knew how flooded and chaotic things would get and they went along with it anyway. It's just an event so not too big deal, but still, it's shoddy and lazy work. Edited by Atma

I used to test patches regularly on the PTS. I even believed them when they said that they said (long ago) that they would leave PTS on so you can level characters there to be ready for events. What actually happened is they left PTS in broken states for months and eventually only turned it on for patches. So I stopped caring.

I am not a Bioware hater, but the way they've handed the PTS makes testing a chore.

Was quite looking forward to this event but waiting for respawns and too many people competing for the same things isn't much fun for me. I would come back when it's a bit quieter but as its a timed event that's unlikely i suppose. I appreciate they can't please everyone and it's an mmo, but this bottleneck quest design isn't my idea of fun. sorry.

I'm not even going to play the new content, which is sad. The shady characters are camped like crazy and even when you are grouped, someone else is always faster to click. When you get lucky enough to be first, you don't always even get the information... I spent 20 mins on Hutta this morning and didn't get one update to the quest.

Nice work on this guys. Anyone could have told you this would be an issue.

Just wait for the weekend. There will be 100 people trying to steal the same click. It's as if BW hasn't ever played an MMO.

Wow, I was the only one doing this on Alderaan. Talked to my shady people no problem.

You're not just automatically grabbing the first one on the top of the list, right? :rolleyes:

Yup, when I did Alderaan, I was actually able to SEE all 5 Shady Characters at one time. Just ran around and did them.

I had no problems at all running the Bounty event. I found all the shady characters with no issue. Seemed as if there were plenty of them spawning. I had to wait a little for some spawns but it wasn't bad at all. Even got a group on Alderaan to finish a kingpin. I enjoyed it.