Request: Bowcaster/Bounty Contract Assault Cannon

LordKantner

As you know Bounty Contract Week is here, and as far as the rewards are concerned, our gracious developers have left us out once again. If you were around for the Chevin Conglomerate event you'll know what I'm talking about.

The current rewards as far as weapons go are as follows for the event:

A Sniper Rifle Elite Assassin's Bowcaster

A Blaster Rifle Elite Tracker's Bowcaster

A Heavily Modified Blaster Carbine Pistol

So in other words every single non-force user class (Vanguard/Powertech, Gunslinger/Scoundrel, Sniper/Operative) benefits from this except us Commandos. Even our mirror class, The Mercenary benefits from this. Its just us. :(

Now lets go back to the Chevin Conglomerate Event. It was still only Bowcasters for certain classes. The hype from this event led to things like the weapons from the Gree Event so that crafters could get hilts as well as every single class could enjoy using a different type of weapon.

I don't know about you commandos, but I'd like to have a chance to use something other than my gigantic cannon. I could Bowcaster to heal I suppose, but that just doesn't seem fair when all the other classes can use something regardless of role.

We commandos have overcome many obstacles, such as getting an interrupt, not having our threat debuff requiring a GCD, etc.

I think we can overcome this. All they really need to do is make a Bowcaster that counts as an Assault Cannon.

How hard can that be? :rolleyes:

Here is the same thread on the suggestion section: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671161

If you want a Bowcaster, replying to that post would be the best way.

Edited by LordKantner

Yeah don't understand commandos who want different weapons besides assault cannons. It's what they use and never changed. Some times I think it'd be cool to use two pistols instead of a rifle on vanguard but its the only choice I have so meh. As far as different type of weapons everyone gets cool weapons periodically to choose from whether it's events or cartel stuff that you can buy. If anything I'd say the vanguard gets screwed more often as the bowcaster is pretty much the only moderately cool thing we've gotten ever. Where as the commando has gotten some pretty cool looking cannons over the years such as the double cannon one, gree event gun, current gatling gun which has personally made me start playing commando again, etc.

Quite frankly I'm surprised they even let commandos hold rifles and think they should be restricted from it regardless or let other classes choose from multiple types as well.

You know you can use Blaster Rifles as Commando and there are only 2 abilities that you won't be able to use:

Charged Bolts

Hail of Bolts

Other abilities you can use just fine with Blaster Rife.

And correct me if i'm wrong but you realy don't need that abilities much in PvE

You know you can use Blaster Rifles as Commando and there are only 2 abilities that you won't be able to use:

Charged Bolts

Hail of Bolts

Other abilities you can use just fine with Blaster Rife.

And correct me if i'm wrong but you realy don't need that abilities much in PvE

not every commando is gunnery :/