cartel items ( appearance tab?? )

Deesra

I just bought a cool looking armor from the cartel store, and instead of wearing it for stat purposes I want to just get the cosmetic effects. ( as the stats are horrible ) Is there any sort of way to do this in ToR? ie: appearance tab, item mod station

if not... what a waste on my part : (

There is no 'appearance' tab or function but most armour items off CM are adaptive and you should be able to remove the mods and replace them with the correct rated and stats for your class and level. This will in effect give you a vanity item that you just have to keep updating to remain useful.

You can change the stats on all armor pieces bought on the CM - open your equipment tab (default "c") and Control+right click on it. So no need for an appearance tab.

EDIT: Aaawwww, ninja'd.

Edited by Ireul

Ctrl right click the item. You can change out the armoring, mod, and enhancement. All orange gear and most purples this can be done. You can replace the mods which destroys the one currently in the armor or u can pull out the mods at a credit cost.

so you can only put mods in the appearance items? im on the starter world atm and the new level 3-ish gear im getting is better than the one I bought cartel. now there is no way to keep stats AND new armor i paid $$ for ?

so you can only put mods in the appearance items? im on the starter world atm and the new level 3-ish gear im getting is better than the one I bought cartel. now there is no way to keep stats AND new armor i paid $$ for ?

You start getting mods till like 8 or 9, but only for a weapon. You don't get Armor mods until you reach the Fleet. Make due with quest rewards until then.

still feel like a "RP" game should have an appearance tab, ESPECIALLY in this situation of Rmt, but w.e i guess...

s.o.L. until I get higher level and get lots of time and energy to keep updating it. = /