Resolve Bar Imbalance?

DorjanAchillides

I have been pvp'n off and on and on every Tier since the game was released and have tended to notice that the Republic players' have a very sensitivie resolve bar. Poke it with a pin and they're immune to stuns, knockbacks, slows and the like... Whereas all of my Imperial toons have to weather at least 3 stuns, 5 roots, and 2 knockbacks before I become immune to it. But usually by this point, I'm dead, simply because I'm getting focused by several people. I do not mean to say that these are happening across several minutes, but one immediately after the other within about 10-15 seconds. I cannot count the amount of times I have paid close attention to the Republic resolve bars to see just how much it takes to make them immune. And the Magic number I have found so far: 2 stuns.

My question now:

What the bloody hell?!

I can understand specific classes being more OP than others and then getting nerfed as others get buffed and become the new OP classes, that's just the way of MMO's... But this is just ridiculous. Can we get a little bit more balance in the Resolve Bar math please? Because I'm getting thrown around like a ragdoll while my Republic opponents are "Immune" after getting bit by a mosquito... Yes... It's that ridiculous...

Edited by DorjanAchillides
Censored Content

Resolve works the same regardless of faction....

Resolve is based on the type of stun and how long it lasts with the exception of when multiple people are throwing out stuns (thanks patch 1.4) where say you stunned the player then I threw out a stun right after, my stun would fill the resolve for a less amount than it normally would. This change was put into place to be "less punishing" for pugs but it actually made the game worse.

Roots do not apply to the resolve and resolve does not give immunity to roots.

Lemme esplain someting to you Lucy,

Resolve is the same on ALL classes. Really, test it out sometime, get a buddy to help you out, but resolve works the same on ALL classes. Heres what stuns do what:

4 second hard stuns (Electro-Dart, Debilitate, etc.) fill up 400 out of 1200 Resolve. So you can get 3 4 second stuns on a target before Resolve is full.

8 second soft(?) stuns fill 800 Resolve. You can get two of them in there but it will take longer for Resolve to wear back down.

Knockdowns and Knockbacke fill 400 Resolve IIRC. I know Knockdowns do.

Roots and snares (Leg Shot, Electro-Net, etc.) DO NOT fill ANY Resolve.

Just remember that Resolve is basically 12 seconds of stuns if you're on Cooldown.

Lemme esplain someting to you Lucy,

Resolve is the same on ALL classes. Really, test it out sometime, get a buddy to help you out, but resolve works the same on ALL classes. Heres what stuns do what:

4 second hard stuns (Electro-Dart, Debilitate, etc.) fill up 400 out of 1200 Resolve. So you can get 3 4 second stuns on a target before Resolve is full.

8 second soft(?) stuns fill 800 Resolve. You can get two of them in there but it will take longer for Resolve to wear back down.

Knockdowns and Knockbacke fill 400 Resolve IIRC. I know Knockdowns do.

Roots and snares (Leg Shot, Electro-Net, etc.) DO NOT fill ANY Resolve.

Just remember that Resolve is basically 12 seconds of stuns if you're on Cooldown.

This post is full of so many fails. Do not post if you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Resolve caps out at 1000.

Hard stuns give 200 resolve per second of stun. E.g. 4 second stuns give 800 resolve. Knockdowns are hard stuns.

Mezzes give 100 resolve per second of stun. E.g. 8 second mezzes give 800 resolve.

Roots/snares do not give any resolve and are not affected by full resolve.

The most you can be hard stunned for is 8 seconds (4 second stun followed by another 4 second stun). The most you can be mezzed for is 17 seconds (4 second grenade, followed by 5 second grenade, followed by 8 second flashbang/whirlwind etc.).

Edited by ParagonAX

This post is full of so many fails. Do not post if you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Resolve caps out at 1000.

Hard stuns give 200 resolve per second of stun. E.g. 4 second stuns give 800 resolve. Knockdowns are hard stuns.

Mezzes give 100 resolve per second of stun. E.g. 8 second mezzes give 800 resolve.

Roots/snares do not give any resolve and are not affected by full resolve.

The most you can be hard stunned for is 8 seconds (4 second stun followed by another 4 second stun). The most you can be mezzed for is 17 seconds (4 second grenade, followed by 5 second grenade, followed by 8 second flashbang/whirlwind etc.).

I see my skills are coming along nicely. Maybe next time you should check the posters name before responding to a stupid post :p