New companion

RDX-TWO

I always thought the killik would be an interesting companion from Alderaan.

They would be a neat companion. Not the common looking ones but the king/queen looking ones.

You get a whole nest's worth of them as a companion if you play an imperial agent. Though not quite in the way you are imagining.

Edited by PLynkes

Heh, and if you don't have a high affection with your animal pet, they may turn on you...

I remember being a Creature Handler in SWG, that was neat.

Would be interesting if you could have some non-sentient animal-type companions. Think about it from in-story. HK: we had to find out about him in Section X, go to a derelict ship to find a schematic, then go all over the galaxty to get the parts. Treek: a mercenary we hire. Have to come up with some way our characters would "acquire" an animal.

Jedi and Sith would be an easy story point of just using the force to domesticate/dominate the animal. Smuggler... maybe a pet for security. Bounty hunter... maybe for tracking, though the tech should suffice. Troopers and agents... hard for me to see them working with an animal.

That said, a Nexu would be nice, as would "underworld" and Yarra creatures from Makeb.

I don't think we'll see creature companions though. (and how would you "gear" them?)

I'm not really against the idea of animal companions. I mean, it would basically be a pet that could attack. No need for conversation or anything.

Now I want a wompa companion!

Good idea, BioWare was looking for excuses not to have to write story for their story-driven MMORPG. No dialogue, no crafting, Cartel Coins only, FINAL DESTINATION