Is this the day for 2.4 Arena Blog post?

Chrisarn

It's slated for this week, hopefully will will get the information now. I feel like people dident really care that much about 2.3 and only looking forward to 2.4.

btw: PTS got updated with 2.4, but we cannot access it yet, maybe PTS later this week!

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!

Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed ;)

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes. :rak_03:

-eric

Edited by Chrisarn

It's slated for this week, hopefully will will get the information now. I feel like people dident really care that much about 2.3 and only looking forward to 2.4.

btw: PTS got updated with 2.4, but we cannot access it yet, maybe PTS later this week!

What are you talking about? 2.3 was awesome and a lot of people were talking about it. One of the best patches yet, (not to say that 2.4 doesn't have the potential to be better).

Since the new event starts this week, I think they will talk about that rather than stealing the events thunder by talking about 2.4 already.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

What are you talking about? 2.3 was awesome and a lot of people were talking about it. One of the best patches yet, (not to say that 2.4 doesn't have the potential to be better).

Since the new event starts this week, I think they will talk about that rather than stealing the events thunder by talking about 2.4 already.

Well thy said almost a month ago that they had a blog post coming on 2.4 in a week or so. Though I (and every other PvPer) has waited for almost a year for some content I'm at the point where I don't even care I'm just happy something is coming.

PvE wise people loved 2.3 (From what I've seen, mainly due to the ninja tauntaun addition). And he said he had a blog post he hoped would be released in a week or two but he didn't know as his bosses had to sign it. Edited by Greenify

PvE wise people loved 2.3 (From what I've seen, mainly due to the ninja tauntaun addition). And he said he had a blog post he hoped would be released in a week or two but he didn't know as his bosses had to sign it.

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!

Well this made it sound like it should have been released by now.

Though with the new event starting tomorrow and more server consolidations happening as well their plate is probably pretty full so I don't have my hopes set to high.

PvE wise people loved 2.3 (From what I've seen, mainly due to the ninja tauntaun addition). And he said he had a blog post he hoped would be released in a week or two but he didn't know as his bosses had to sign it.

The only thing I liked about the 2.3 patch was the Taun Taun. Everything else about it was just blah. I am hoping that 2.4 is better, but from BioWares Track record as of late I have doubts that it will be.

I think we will hear something about 2.4 on Thursday. That is my guess. Only because I think they will need something to try and derail any negative comments that will occur from the Bounty Hunter Event. I do not think the Bounty Hunter Event is going to be as good as BioWare hopes because most Bounty Hunters want a Real Bounty Hunter System and this is not going to be one. :rolleyes:

Man I am negative this morning. :p

I hope so. I have zero interest in Arenas, personally I think its a dumb idea and a lazy way out for Bioware.

If 2.4 doesn't deliver new maps for standard pvp and increases in cash/xp rewards for pvping, it will be the final nail in the coffin. And with Rome 2 just around the corner, I can spend all my time play that for free(after I have paid for it of course!)

Edited by DarthMaulUK

2.3 was surprisingly good...what are you talking about? In fact, I don't know any player that I've spoken to who hasn't agreed...it was a great update!!!

And "week of" does not mean DAY OF.

I hope so. I have zero interest in Arenas, personally I think its a dumb idea and a lazy way out for Bioware.

If 2.4 doesn't deliver new maps for standard pvp and increases in cash/xp rewards for pvping, it will be the final nail in the coffin. And with Rome 2 just around the corner, I can spend all my time play that for free(after I have paid for it of course!)

There's no hope for you if you can't see any value in team deathmatch arenas. They give us the highest level of MMO competitive PvP along with S1 and you say "I have zero interest". Why do you even PvP? But if you're incapable of caring without some other mechanic to win the game you should know that they have several WZ prototypes that have been datamined in the patch files.

And does one of the best ways to level really need more xp? Post level 40 could use some increase, but I consider it a privilege that they even let us level with PvP.

The only thing I liked about the 2.3 patch was the Taun Taun. Everything else about it was just blah. I am hoping that 2.4 is better, but from BioWares Track record as of late I have doubts that it will be.

I think we will hear something about 2.4 on Thursday. That is my guess. Only because I think they will need something to try and derail any negative comments that will occur from the Bounty Hunter Event. I do not think the Bounty Hunter Event is going to be as good as BioWare hopes because most Bounty Hunters want a Real Bounty Hunter System and this is not going to be one. :rolleyes:

Man I am negative this morning. :p

Yes, that is very cynical (and presumptuous). Most people thought 2.3 was a fantastic patch however, and Bioware's "track record" seems to be going pretty good if 2.4 is as big as they're suggesting.

I don't know when the blog is suppose to be here but there was some information recently found that gives us more about what is to come in 2.4 that came out today

1. Planet Oricon will have faction Reputation

2. 5 remaining dreadmasters will be bosses in one of the 2 ops

3. The mechanical rancor and droids from the thumb drive are bosses in one of the ops

4. ranked Season 1 will begin in 2.4

5. Some new titles

6. Respeccing and Rezzing will no longer be allowed when queued for Warzones

Edited by MisterBlackJack