Bioware, now would be the perfect time to bring back killing companions.

hunterraaze

As the title says, right now is the perfect time to reintroduce the ability to kill companions. As some of you may or may not know, players were giving the chance to kill companions back in beta. This was removed before the game was released for reason(s) I don't quite understand. (My guess was people complained because they weren't fully aware of the impact, or it would put them at a disadvantage to those who hadn't).

If the second one was true, it doesn't apply anymore. With the introduction of HK-51, and Treek as additional companions, any of the in game roles companions filled could now be replaced (HK can replace any of the DPS comps, while Treek can replace the Healer and Tank comps). Additionally, the limit is still set to where you can only have five companions deployed on crew skills missions at once. If you were to unlock Treek and Hk, you would have a total of eight companions. Now you wouldn't have any disadvantages if you killed off one or two of your comps. Additionally, as other threads bringing this idea up, have suggested putting in more droids like your ship droid, or some other extremely generic place filler, to bring you back on par if you feel you need eight comps, so you wouldn't have any disadvantage.

Putting this in game, is probably the hardest part. I'll be honest, I don't how it was like back in beta, or how you could implement it now. I'm guessing the best way to do this is have a new conversation added to each of the companions, which could lead to the demise of them if you so choose to go down that path, if not, it just goes away. Another idea, this would probably be a lot harder, and might not work due to some people beating the story and or finishing the all of the conversations, but bring back exactly how it was in Beta. Everyone who has played the Sith Warrior story knows what I'm talking about when I say there should have been this option at a certain part. I'm almost positive this is how it was like in beta. Plenty of warning needs to be given though. If people complain about it after all of that, oh well, they were warned.

There it is. I really want to be able to kill some of my companions, (I'm looking at you Mako). I listed how it would not negatively affect anything (I think, might have missed something), and possible ideas on how it could be implemented. Reading other threads that have suggested this, I have seen very little to no opposition on this idea. So, I don't see why not.

Comments, ideas, concerns, are all appreciated. A yellow post would be awesome.

Edited by hunterraaze

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are seriously some kind of messed up if you want to just murder people simply because you have more than enough bodies to justify it.

*holds up lightsaber*

You just stay right there. Hands where I can see them!

Meh, I have done much worst. I have brought a husbands head to his wife, I've blown up a few ships full of civilians, tortured a countless number of people, and the worst yet, allowed Mako in my crew. So killing a few people because I don't like them isn't that big of a deal. Besides, it's expensive feeding all of them.

BW: Oh you thought we wouldn't let you kill your healer for betraying you? Don't worry we got a solution, we can get you another healer for just $15. Don't worry if you kiill your RDPS either because as long as you're paying us at least one set of $15 we have a quest chain for you to do after you've done your class quests which will let you make a robot that can replace your RDPS. Not paying us $15 for the RDPS? Don't worry you can get it for free...with the required unlock you can buy in our store.

What's more these companions are significantly stronger than current ones so you're really getting a bargain.

Not sure how BW can justify this well.

BW: Oh you thought we wouldn't let you kill your healer for betraying you? Don't worry we got a solution, we can get you another healer for just $15. Don't worry if you kiill your RDPS either because as long as you're paying us at least one set of $15 we have a quest chain for you to do after you've done your class quests which will let you make a robot that can replace your RDPS. Not paying us $15 for the RDPS? Don't worry you can get it for free...with the required unlock you can buy in our store.

What's more these companions are significantly stronger than current ones so you're really getting a bargain.

i dont care i want quinn ....

:t_angel:

To be fair, you don't actually have to buy (with real money or CC) either of them.

You should have just got another officer to replace quin who didn't have a story he's just there to fill the spot. Honestly.

The thing is though, this isn't just about killing Quinn. There is a lot of companions I want to be able to kill. Some for character/story reason, others because I don't like them ( cough cough Mako).

To be fair, you don't actually have to buy (with real money or CC) either of them.

How does a f2p or preferred get the money to buy treek (2million?) the Section x unlock (1million) These people have to be subs, it is rather difficult to get them without sub for you need someone you can trust to take them in payments

f2p:200k

preffered:350k

Honestly, people who have these companions will have subbed and will have paid money. Perhaps not directly though.

The thing is though, this isn't just about killing Quinn. There is a lot of companions I want to be able to kill. Some for character/story reason, others because I don't like them ( cough cough Mako).

I'de love to kill skadge on my BH and Quinn forsure. Would also love to dispose of Kaliyo on my sniper.

How does a f2p or preferred get the money to buy treek (2million?) the Section x unlock (1million) These people have to be subs, it is rather difficult to get them without sub for you need someone you can trust to take them in payments

f2p:200k

preffered:350k

Honestly, people who have these companions will have subbed and will have paid money. Perhaps not directly though.

The way I see it, section X isn't JUST for HK. It's a new daily area, with a new WB, and HK. And I don't know, I guess they would have to spend money. I was taking about Subbers though in my statement.

Why do you want to kill Mako?

She just wants to avenge Braden. :D

I'm not just the pretty sidekick buster!

That's perhaps the biggest reason. I've always disliked her, right from the first second I heard her voice. Mostly, it's her unwillingness to be a bounty hunter. If she wants to come along with me, a Bounty Hunter, I don't want to hear her cry when I kill people. She's also to happy. That isn't allowed on my ship.

She's also to happy. That isn't allowed on my ship.

Lol I'm just imagining her laughing and Blizz opens up the escape pod pushes her in and then giving a thumbs up to Skadge and he triggers a bomb on her escape pod she blows up and then everybody gets back to work like nothing ever happened. :rak_01:

Due to lack of paragraphs, I cannot read the OP well; though because I've seen what the original setup TOR had with the killing of and betrayal of companions, I can say that I always missed this amazing feature.

I would like to have choices matter...and having a companion live or die was an amazing choice. The "players are too stupid" card was played waaaaaay too much in TOR development. We really should have kept one of the key hyped about / documented concepts in this game.

*joining in*

Please let people who got Treek and HK51 kill(dark option)/kick out of the team (neutral/light option) Quinn, Guss Tuno, Scadge and Kalyo(or other companions that were killable in beta). f2p and prefs can have no-killing comps policy, but please let players with those additional companions to finally get rid of some trash.

Due to lack of paragraphs, I cannot read the OP well; though because I've seen what the original setup TOR had with the killing of and betrayal of companions, I can say that I always missed this amazing feature.

I would like to have choices matter...and having a companion live or die was an amazing choice. The "players are too stupid" card was played waaaaaay too much in TOR development. We really should have kept one of the key hyped about / documented concepts in this game.

There, fixed the OP it for you.

Edited by hunterraaze