Arsenal Merc BiS relics

Slicksteezin

So there has been a lot of discussion in our guild regarding which relics are BiS for an Arsenal merc, mostly deciding between:

Two Elite War hero power relics

One Elite War hero power relic + Underworld relic of serendipitous assault

I currently have both, and although i find the underworld relic more useful for certain fights, i can't seem to find anything more worthy than the two massive power boosts from EWH relics.

What are your thoughts on this?

I believe there is a comparison chart with relics on the mmo champ arsenal guide thread. I think the math worked out to showing SA relic is BiS and then BA and the proc dmg relics were a toss up or a preference. I think the difference between BA and proc dmg was miniscule something like 8 or 10 dps. I was using kell dragon SA relic + UW BA until the patch went in this morning to fix the proc relics. I switched out BA for UW CN dmg proc relic and will see how it compares later tonight.

The proc is better than EWH.

EWH gives something like 120 power? Thats 24 bonus damage. Or, 200 bonus damage over 8 attacks.

Without using any more math, you can see that a Proc relic will do more than 200 damage, and in less than 8 attacks.

The proc relic does close to 300 and on average it will proc every 6 attacks or so. After 6 attacks with EWH you are only at 150 bonus damage.

EWH gives something like 120 power? Thats 24 bonus damage. Or, 200 bonus damage over 8 attacks.

First off, the Power-to-Bonus Damage factor is 0.23 so the EWH contributes 27.6 to bonus damage. This should also be buffed with the SW/JK class (+5%) buff to become 29.

Next, each ability has a unique Bonus Damage coefficient. These range from ~0.25 to ~3.0. Thus, that 29 bonus damage might equal only 6 more damage per attack or it could equate to 80 more damage per attack.

In any event, a the Cerulean Nova relic and the Serendipitous Assault relic are better than this.