Make it cost something to bail on a warzone

jenlen

So, Novare Coast. Ahead, then they pull ahead 5%... 2 people immediately bail rather than try to re-capture.

Why don't you make it so that if you bail on a warzone, you cannot re-enter PvP for one hour? It would stop this selfish behavior.

and what will stop the selfish behavior of horrible players ruining matches.

I mean sure stop people bailing, but who cares if they cant communicate inc calls or respond to inc calls, they cant break 90k damage, that they leave a node undefended so they can go derp derp to 85K damage done. Who cares if half the team quits and hides at the node for defender medals, who cares that 5 players play deathmatch in pit no where near the ball carrier in huttball.

seriously there are way worst problems then someone quitting the warzone. I guess you didn't see all the other posts that have been ignored by bioware that asked the same thing. If they wanted to add a quitter debuff they would already have.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Edited by rlamela

I never really quit games till I transfered to tofn.Now if I see people in my team I know are bad/play bad I just leave the warzone.Not worth the effort and I don't want these players to win because they play like utter <insert censored word of your choice here>.

Another day another moan about quitters. Yesterday I bailed on a game of Voidstar. Why? Despite me having to fend off 4 attackers alone right at the start and thankfully for my team I am smart enough to call inc and use my CC to delay until help arrives....well...that's what I thought.

Then, within 20 seconds of the game actually starting,the bomb had been planted on the other side, behind SEVEN team mates. Now give me ONE reason why I should stay in a game full of warzone muppets?

Now give me ONE reason why I should stay in a game full of warzone muppets?

The other team might be full of muppets too. It only takes one good player to plant. The game might still have gone either way. By quitting you basically ensured the loss for your team.

Sometimes you see your team is hopelessly outmatched(bad pug vs a ranked premade), in that case i can understand someone quitting so he doesn't have to suffer through it. But quitting on the first sign of things not going your way, while the match can still be turned into your favor, that's just bad form.

The other team might be full of muppets too. It only takes one good player to plant. The game might still have gone either way. By quitting you basically ensured the loss for your team.

Sometimes you see your team is hopelessly outmatched(bad pug vs a ranked premade), in that case i can understand someone quitting so he doesn't have to suffer through it. But quitting on the first sign of things not going your way, while the match can still be turned into your favor, that's just bad form.

Ah ok. You must be from a different planet. You must be one of those players who expects to be carried in a warzone. The way I see it is simple. If the team are that stupid to allow a bomb plant within TWENTY seconds, the fact is, the game is lost because the team you are with are muppets.

At level 55, I struggle to excuse anyone who doesn't know what they are doing and expecting others to pick up the slack is wrong. The objectives in this game isnt exactly taxing on the brain but if people do find it difficult, I have heard in the cantina on fleets, you have bright colours to look at and score XP. Stay there!

I'd rather spend my time elsewhere then grinding out 75 coms thanks to a defeat in record time.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Ah ok. You must be from a different planet. You must be one of those players who expects to be carried in a warzone. The way I see it is simple. If the team are that stupid to allow a bomb plant within TWENTY seconds, the fact is, the game is lost because the team you are with are muppets.

If 7 players on the enemy team were also muppets and one of them was good (the one that planted) then the match is in fact balanced(both teams have one good player) and can still go either way.

I played plenty of games where the enemy team blew up first door in 20 seconds but never managed to pass the second.

And how on earth you came to the conclusion that i must be "a bad player who expects to be carried" just because i suggested you shoudn't quit at the first sign of things not going your way is beyond me.

Edited by Sharee

I never really quit games till I transfered to tofn.Now if I see people in my team I know are bad/play bad I just leave the warzone.Not worth the effort and I don't want these players to win because they play like utter <insert censored word of your choice here>.

Same here. ToFN is a server for "specials".

If 7 players on the enemy team were also muppets and one of them was good (the one that planted) then the match is in fact balanced(both teams have one good player) and can still go either way.

I played plenty of games where the enemy team blew up first door in 20 seconds but never managed to pass the second.

And how on earth you came to the conclusion that i must be "a bad player who expects to be carried" just because i suggested you shoudn't quit at the first sign of things not going your way is beyond me.

It does not really work like you say. Teams are bi-polar, either they roll the others or are completely full of muppets and even 1 good player is not going to be able to change the outcome.

Plus, unlike GW2, here you can see both teams guild and player names. It takes a glance to know if you are going to win 6-0 or lose 0-6.

It does not really work like you say. Teams are bi-polar, either they roll the others or are completely full of muppets and even 1 good player is not going to be able to change the outcome.

If one of the teams is premade and the other isn't, sure. But in pug fights, it is common to see first bomb planted in 20 seconds and second bomb never. Because it often only takes one ranged player standing in-between the second doors to prevent all plant attempts. I often do that myself.

If the odds aren't stacked in one teams favor(a premade vs a pug) then the first bomb plant is far from a guaranteed win, no matter how fast.

If a team are that stupid to allow a bomb plant inside 20 seconds, they deserve to lose. It has to be one blue moon for them to turn it into a win. For me its not worth the effort. Until Bioware address these idiots, I will always quit warzones.

It's not about the winning, its the manner in losing. I can handle losing if we all played well and it was close. Losing through stupidity isnt an option in my book. People like that need to go back to playing the Sims.

The fact is with F2P and no age restriction you have no idea who or what your team is really composed of.

The team could be composed of ages 6-100

Ive often heard players laugh in gen chat about how intoxicated or medicated they are

I personally know of players who were on the other team who intentionally threw the game. (found out afterwords they pulled this crap)...not in my guild anymore :)

Been in matches where only 1 other person responds to grp chat, looked later all commentary was in gen...absolutely brilliant.

I have lots of other examples

Further, I like to try to remember some of these "special" players and if I see them on my team at start...time to pull the train stop. Sorry but Im neither obligated or shamed to leave these losers.

I have however stuck it out with 6 man teams, poorly geared teams and matches where we are most definitely going to lose. It all depends on what I see as behavior in the match.

Let me put it so the obstinate high moral hypocrites can get it.....if the same crap was pulled in operations and flashpoints, youd kick them from the group so why is this so different?

Let me put it so the obstinate high moral hypocrites can get it.....if the same crap was pulled in operations and flashpoints, youd kick them from the group so why is this so different?

Because they want to be carried.

I've always maintained that if you're incredibly good at PvP, then quitters should not bother you in the slightest. If you're incredibly good you should be able to carry an empty slot or better. If believe quitters put you at a disadvantage you really aren't as good as you think you are.

Everyone whose ever posted advocating a quitter debuff has not demonstrated in any way that they are skilled players.

Edited by Yeochins

So, Novare Coast. Ahead, then they pull ahead 5%... 2 people immediately bail rather than try to re-capture.

Why don't you make it so that if you bail on a warzone, you cannot re-enter PvP for one hour? It would stop this selfish behavior.

Because you are a bad player. I am not going to waste my time in a losing match, only to requeue and be in the same warzone with you. Or I need to wait even longer after the warzone in order to queue dodge you. No, this is my time. My time is more important than your time. You want to charge something for leaing a warzone, I want to charge you something for wasting my time when you play poorly.

I will start staying in warzones when they recognize who is actually playing well and reward that way. When I bring 1k dps, 100k protection, and get 1/2 the killing blows, I want more than you who muster up 250dps. But no, I get stuck in the losing bracket where I may get 70 warzone comms.

Here is another other option, lets just stop playing this broken game that rewards bad players.

How about a kick feature. Last week there was a player who just only talked about how everyone was playing, he would just stay stealth and when we tried to kick him, he would attack someone and restealth.

Bottom line is, I pay $15 a month. I am only so good, I can only play so well, I can not make losing teams that play so poorly into winning teams. So, I Queue dodge. Deal with it.

Edited by Jarfunkz

Agreed.

I used to say people who quit WZs should be punished in some way. Imp pugs on ToFN have changed my mind. People should be awarded extra medals for being able to stand other players' stupidity for more than 2mins.

Agreed.

I used to say people who quit WZs should be punished in some way. Imp pugs on ToFN have changed my mind. People should be awarded extra medals for being able to stand other players' stupidity for more than 2mins.

Eh eh I see the consensus on ToFN gets larger by the day. One can't describe it until they played it.

ummm NO just NO, there needs to be a fix to the issue before punishing players, they need to:

1. Add cross server pvp ques, its what most MMOS have and its pretty much laughable that this MMO does not have one.

2. with cross server pvp ques they can add balanced teams with out sacrificing time spent waiting for the que to pop.

3. all premades can be sent into the rated ques by default. this will match 4 man teams with other 4 man teams or 2 four man teams with an 8 this will aliviate all of the concerns with solo / pug groups.

after all of thses fixes are in place then there is no reason to bail out of a WZ and then a "Small" penalty can be added." most MMOs have a 15 min time out. putting in a penalty at this point will just infuriate most gamers making them quit the game / unsub.

I don't understand this whole 'punish the leavers' business. Do you really want to exchange leavers for afk's? Some ppl are quitting because they are simply bad. In worst case scenario you'll get another derp to you current collection (aka team). In the best case: instead derp you'll have a healer, skilled tank, great dps playing obj, you-name-it.

But tbh - if you want to have less leavers, quitters - play better.

Some ppl tend to quit when they see their team is in the no-go state, with a bunch of deprs playing deathmatch instead objectives. It's a pain to play a huttball when only you and maybe somebody else is interested in the ball, while rest of your team is in the middle of nowhere, doing whatever.

I don't have any problem with losing, i would any day change the 6:0 winning in huttball for losing 1:1 when i know it was a bloody good match. I have a quite big problem with ppl who don't know what they're doing - like tank with 100% hp who is passing the ball to me only because i've healed him a second ago.

Don't get me wrong: if sb is quitting his 5th match in the row it's something wrong with him, there should be somekind of debuff for this. But to penalise ppl for occasionally leaving? No, simply no.

Now give me ONE reason why I should stay in a game full of warzone muppets?

Because in non-blowout matches, the good players from good guilds stay in because they have self-respect and a personal image to uphold. If some of the best players in the game don't quit warzones and instead fight until the last second to turn a warzone around, why should some mediocre/sub-par player with a severe case of the Dunning-Kruger Effect quit out?

Because in non-blowout matches, the good players from good guilds stay in because they have self-respect and a personal image to uphold. If some of the best players in the game don't quit warzones and instead fight until the last second to turn a warzone around, why should some mediocre/sub-par player with a severe case of the Dunning-Kruger Effect quit out?

Sorry Vasyel but this logic is failed, i have seen many top players from top guilds quit games. I have also seen many 3 and 4 man premades from good guilds quit a match in the middle of it. Just because you dont quit personally doesnt mean other good guilded players don't.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Another day another moan about quitters. Yesterday I bailed on a game of Voidstar. Why? Despite me having to fend off 4 attackers alone right at the start and thankfully for my team I am smart enough to call inc and use my CC to delay until help arrives....well...that's what I thought.

Then, within 20 seconds of the game actually starting,the bomb had been planted on the other side, behind SEVEN team mates. Now give me ONE reason why I should stay in a game full of warzone muppets?

In general I agree with you statement, however, due to the bug that sometimes allows a stealther to get 5-7 seconds into a cap before you can see them this is not always the sign of a bad team.

More than likely you were grouped with derps, but I've seen this happen to some of the best "ranked" teams on POT5, the only way to truly prevent this is to aoe the door at the beginning.

Bailing on first door bomb plants is generally a bit preature, stick it out until you hit the second door, you'll quickly find out if you're in with a group of ******* at that point.

Depends on the map. In games like Voidstar, where speed is king, if a bomb is planted within 20 seconds, therefore youre team ARE complete idiots, so there is zero point in staying?

Why?

We have established that the team are stupid. Which now means they have the inability to race down to the bridge to prevent the bridge extending, but would rather instead fight, in a small group, a single player, still at the first door(which has opened) and its just a spiral down until they reach the final door.

And I love how you think its the sub/medi players who quit. Its not. People quit due to idiots. It's as simple as that. No other reason. It's not about winning, its about having a balanced fight but one in which you simply are not farmed or steam rollered due to a having a team of muppets.