WZ Heals

Jenon

Or the lack thereof. Something seriously needs to be fixed in regards to PuG group WZ's. Straight to the point; there is a huge imbalance where heals are concerned. It happens at least 75% of the time...and that's being kind. One group has plenty of healers while the other group has 1 maybe 2...and in some cases NONE. This gives a big advantage to the other team. Something needs to be done about this, like Ques that will not pop unless there are at least 2 healers or more on either side. Playing PuGs with this disadvantage is just NOT fun. Its a game, it should be fun, and fair. Maybe this topic has been brought up before, I don't know....but please let us know that this issue will be, at the very least, looked at, and hopefully fixed!!

Or the lack thereof. Something seriously needs to be fixed in regards to PuG group WZ's. Straight to the point; there is a huge imbalance where heals are concerned. It happens at least 75% of the time...and that's being kind. One group has plenty of healers while the other group has 1 maybe 2...and in some cases NONE. This gives a big advantage to the other team. Something needs to be done about this, like Ques that will not pop unless there are at least 2 healers or more on either side. Playing PuGs with this disadvantage is just NOT fun. Its a game, it should be fun, and fair. Maybe this topic has been brought up before, I don't know....but please let us know that this issue will be, at the very least, looked at, and hopefully fixed!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Lemme tell ya something buddy, heals don't win WZ's. Was on my Mando healer in a Voidstar last night. We had 3 healers including me, and two Scoundrels. the imps had 1 Operative healer. We did not have good DPS, and couldn't even plant on the first door. Round 2 started and their DPS tore through and planted within 3 minutes. 1 healer versus 3.

/nuffsaid

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Lemme tell ya something buddy, heals don't win WZ's. Was on my Mando healer in a Voidstar last night. We had 3 healers including me, and two Scoundrels. the imps had 1 Operative healer. We did not have good DPS, and couldn't even plant on the first door. Round 2 started and their DPS tore through and planted within 3 minutes. 1 healer versus 3.

/nuffsaid

that's kind of disingenuous. the fact of the matter is that superior skill is always more important. only delusional ppl think otherwise. given equal skill, I find it very unlikely that 3 heal would lose a node unless the other 5 teammates (assuming dps) are just horrible. but then...that's not equal skill.

/nuffsaid

Well according to threadstarters point of view, l2p comments should ensue, seeing as quantity obviously is better than quality.

I've seen 0 heals vs 3 heals where the team with no healers won, because the dps on our team was just way to much for the healers, while at the same time, their dps was utterly useless. (Pretty much same example as you made)

What i'm trying to say is that the healers isn't what makes or breaks the warzone group, it comes down to the entire composition and individual skill.

Edited by Skroting

that's kind of disingenuous. the fact of the matter is that superior skill is always more important. only delusional ppl think otherwise. given equal skill, I find it very unlikely that 3 heal would lose a node unless the other 5 teammates (assuming dps) are just horrible. but then...that's not equal skill.

^^ This

//nuffsaid

Respec in warzones needs nerfed

This are my 2 cents on healers in WZ's..

No healer I do atm about 300K dmg.

With an average healer I do about 500K dmg.

And if I have a good healer (most case more than 1 healer in the team) I do 800K dmg.

This game is buildt on the heals.. you just gotta luv em!

//Cheers!

Roll a healer yourself. Only you can prevent role imbalance. This has been Smoky the Bantha :rak_03:

This are my 2 cents on healers in WZ's..

No healer I do atm about 300K dmg.

With an average healer I do about 500K dmg.

And if I have a good healer (most case more than 1 healer in the team) I do 800K dmg.

This game is buildt on the heals.. you just gotta luv em!

//Cheers!

Wait, are you saying that with a healer you survive longer and therefore do more damage? Mind = blown

I am a warzone healer - exclusively healing for the most part, and I notice a huge difference in contribution and effectiveness of the damage dealers. I would like to see more players try to play main heals in warzones, it would make the matches a lot more fun.

That being said, you cannot force people to play what they do not enjoy. This is not a SWTOR exclusive issue. Most all pvp games have an imbalance in regards to dps vs. heals because for the most part, the very nature of a pvp gamer is to be aggressive and do the most damage. Defense and healing typically come in far behind for most player's style choice.

If they changed the queue to ensure there were only a certain number of healers available evenly per side, your queue time would triple or quadruple - is that what you want? I think it's better to tough it out and get to play more often than to wait for just the right balance of players.

Also, for what it's worth - playing a healer myself, I can't tell you how many times I've been in matches lately where there were other healers than myself on my team but they just weren't healing ... sages preferring to only run the ball all the time in huttball instead of pass and heal to their teammates? Seems odd to me but whatever floats your boat I guess. The point I'm trying to make is, even IF they created a queue where healers were required, that does not guarantee the required healer class is going to do their job and you will have a better match.

Weird. I play a healer and I rarely see matches where both sides don't have at least one healer. I will say Imperial lowbies on my server don't seem to play healers much -- I'm often the only one -- but once you're in the 30+ bracket that seems to change.

Anecdotal only, I know, but I'm just not experiencing it much.

I am a warzone healer - exclusively healing for the most part, and I notice a huge difference in contribution and effectiveness of the damage dealers. I would like to see more players try to play main heals in warzones, it would make the matches a lot more fun.

<snip>.

you do realize that there are A TON more healers since 2.0, and reg WZs are actually less fun and less balanced because of it, right?

I agree that we obviously need heals in WZs, but 3 and 4 per WZ is way too much for an average reg grp to deal with. and, frankly, it's not fun when you can't kill anybody either (i.e., on the 3 healer team). it was fun the first two matches of CW when 2.0 dropped. now it's just annoying.

i may be the only one, or in the minorty anyway, but more heals would be ess fun to me. No one dies, its just a big circle jerk where dps numbers are inflated, objectives get ignored, etc. I dunno how a team with 3 healers could lose a vs, unless they played really really bad. One op healer can completely prevent one door from ever being planted, if that op healer plays smart and doesnt go into tank mode (or start healing folks). The other two, if they cross heal correctly, should be able to guard the other, with dps cc'ing peeling properly

Only time i can remember when the team with the most healers loses a VS is when neither team can open the first door and you lose by the tiebreaker. Other than that, the team with the most healers will almost always win unless that team either over-rotates, healers dont disperse to separate doors or the healers heal the dps rather than cross heal each other. or they are just plain bad. pvp in this game is getting really stale lately. Before, it was the gear gap that really made the difference. now its just the team with the most healers.

What i'd like to know is what you get an imp v imp game, and one team has 3 healers and the other has none. The matching algorithm is broken..

you do realize that there are A TON more healers since 2.0, and reg WZs are actually less fun and less balanced because of it, right?

I agree that we obviously need heals in WZs, but 3 and 4 per WZ is way too much for an average reg grp to deal with. and, frankly, it's not fun when you can't kill anybody either (i.e., on the 3 healer team). it was fun the first two matches of CW when 2.0 dropped. now it's just annoying.

Your experience must be very different from mine then as I rarely see more than two healers at most in any match, occasionally 3 but that's very rare. I know this because I always identify who my other team healers are so we can split up and cover both bases efficiently. If you're playing Novare Coast for example, it's rather difficult for there to possibly be 'too many' heals if you're spread out between two of the three objectives at least if you're playing smart and dividing up evenly. I still see a majority of players dps on most matches I play on my server.

I will say I get stuck guarding objectives as a healer an awful lot (because nobody else goes or it gets abandoned). Always fun when people gripe about no healing in those situations, lol. Especially the double-cap champs in Ancient Hypergate, who try it when we aren't down and then blame their failure on lack of healing.

I play a healer in pretty much ever game ... but I'm seeing so many that I may level a tank for playing with my Imperial friends, if two of them stick to their operative/sorcerer. Three heals is kinda silly imo, especially with the high chance another healer will show up too.

Edited by Sarielle

With really good focus fire Healers don't stand a chance "is about all you can really say on this matter".