HM Xenoanalyst is not that hard

Screaming_Ziva

So why do people make it so hard?

We can explain a fight 10 times yet people always seem to mess everything up:

Click the purple panels - This absolutely kills me. Ranged DPS stand at a panel at the start and then click it the first time yet there's always one that just stands there and keeps dps'ing the shield. Then, on future panels, it doesn't matter who clicks them as long as they are clicked. There have been so many times I've seen melee dps pound on a shielded boss instead of clicking a panel that's 10 steps away from them.

Tanking the adds - Really, this isn't hard. When the add tank sees species comparison start channeling, go get the adds. Do NOT wait for them to spawn. The number of times I've seen the adds run amok through the raid group is ridiculous.

Don't attack the second adds - Pretty much self explanatory yet there's always one that goes and attacks them.

Ignore the third core - Again, self explanatory yet half the raid group usually goes to dps it.

Really, the mechanics of this fight are not that hard. Don't make the fight harder than it needs to be.

So I agree that people not knowing the fight can be very frustrating especially when this fight is easy for a HM. Instead of complaining about it let's help people out.

Just word here first. If you don't have at least a set of 63 level gear, don't get into a HM. You won't be able to keep up. Make sure you have the gear first by running quests and flashpoints.

DON'T FORGET THE PANELS! -- I see groups waste precious seconds all the time because nobody clicks the panels because they thinks its everyone else's job. If you see panel lit up after you killed the mobs, click the panel! Don't wait for someone else to do it. The AOE will not kill anyone unless the are very low on health.

First group of mobs is AOE and burn.

Second group of mobs = Only attack one at a time, the lead should mark the one to attack. Leave the other ones alone. The second tank will tank the extras while everyone else focuses on one.

Third mob - if you get it, you are too slow and you will most likely hit the enrage timer. WIpe and start over.

When the cores come out...everyone attacks the core. Only kill the 1st and 2nd core. Skip the 3rd core and go back to the boss. KIlling the 3rd core takes too long and wastes time.

Once the boss goes into "generating urgency" DPS him and only him and until it dies.

Edited by Arkerus

So I agree that people not knowing the fight can be very frustrating especially when this fight is easy for a HM. Instead of complaining about it let's help people out.

I have absolutely no problem helping people out. It's the people that you explain the fight to 10 times yet they still do something wrong that make most pug groups fails.