shadow PvP do you do it like this?

albensambo

I would like a little feed back from you guys on my current style of game play to see where I can improve.

First I find it safer and more reliable to use force breach in stealth a few seconds before I engage at 10m at that distance you close on them by time project hits them I immediately follow wit SS into a low slash then blackout SS again into a force stun by this time they should be close to dead or in full panick mode.

Here I find one of two things happen they try to wait out force stun in which case I hit them with a spinning strike, project with buff up from the 2 SS, if not dead by then finish them with a SS. This seems to work on most anything except a tank in which case I just use force cloak then repeat if I can interupt and break CC at right time tanks die. If not we just wait to see what side the next player to show up is on. Usually happens by this time.

Second thing that usually happens is they break force stun in which case I immediately go into a force cloak, potency then reopen with FB, Project, below 30 percent spinning strike, if not SS followed by spinning strike. In which case they should be dead somewhere in between these moves. If not blackout and SS then spinning strike should be off CD.

With this amount of burst and controll I can kill players within a 10 to 15 second window some timea quicker depending on SS crits and spinning strike crits. You ask but what about your defensive cooldowns. Well most time dont have to use them cause most players try to run or heal after the shock from intial burst. There is a time you should use your D cooldowns but that is very situational depending on your play style.

For example if I want to get a healer that is in back lines I will use deflect after I come out of stealth it helps when everyone gets on you to save there heals but most time if they dont have two heals I will kill healer anyway. Then force cloak followed immediately by your 3 second immunity god mode button. Run back to your lines then do what you want. If I die at least our healer is alive and theres isnt or they are down to one in which case I just gave my team the better odds to win that skirmish.

Well any advice on this play style to help improve my game play would be appreciated. Please refrain from bashing as that helps no one.

What level are you? And what sort of gear are you sporting?

Because I hit 55 a little over a week ago, and only lack 4 pieces of gear to be at 2018 Expertise.

And I gotta tell you, the more PvP gear I obtain, the more my performance seems to degrade. Where I could reliably burst tanks and healers down in the lowbie brackets, I'm having trouble making a target's health bar move at all.

If these last 4 pieces of gear don't make a difference, I'm rerolling to a healer or tank. It's been a study in frustration.

You're frontloading all of your burst into big hitting skills without minding your procs or force regeneration, and also blowing cooldowns just to get a kill. This is ok if the person is solo defending a node, but just Force cloaking to re open on them isn't really worth it. (And do you really use SS without tactics proc just because?) Anyone with decent defenses is going to survive your little gambit and then you will be in an uphill battle if they turn it around on you.

I usually prefer to backload my damage, doing just sustained damage out of stealth and then ramping it up. Spin kick from stealth and then SS (automatic proc on SS) then two CS and a Project. At this point you should have at least one Force Breach stack, maybe two, and possibly another tactics proc for another SS. If you have a natural tactics proc (not the automatic one) try to position for your next SS, Force stun first if you have to. After the Force stun -> SS, Cs once more and Project, your ICD should be available for a Low slash into another SS. You most likely have Force Breach ready at this point, so FB into Potency and then another FB, into Project then Spinning strike. This lines up your procs for more sustainable damage, and a higher amount of damage during a burst phase.

Edited by Vagilante

@rodneymcneely im in the middle pvp bracket so bolster migh be helping me out with burst. My gear or better yet my mods are updated every 4 levels. I really hope that at 55 that is not the case with shadow dps. On a side note yoh prolly shouldnt reroll just for a tank as shadow can tank and stealth tank is great.

@vigilante I find that the most efficient way to deal with other players in pvp is to front load the damage at least as a shadow. Our abilities come off cooldown so fast that even if you don CC an enemy defensive ability you can still contain them reposition for another burst phase. In my experience not just as shadow but on my other classes the longer you prolonger a fight go on the worse your chance of winning.

Also how are you looking health wise before you start your burn phase? I motice that once I hit 60 percent health my health start to disappear even with pvp stim and deflect its like once we hit 30 percent being light armor and all we just disappear when other class use their excute abilities. While some times spinning strike barely hits for 3.5k. That is one reason I try to burst in the opening, your right about force cloak I use it as another offensive cooldown when I need a quik kill or its 1v1. But by all means it should be saved if a possibility of another enemy joining the fighg exist.

Hit Potency in stealth and open with Spinning Kick>Shadow Strike. I've seen many players who panic and CC break the Spinning Kick knockdown, which I immediately follow with Stun. Even if they don't, that's a few seconds they aren't hitting you back. After that opening combo, I do the standard Breach>Project>2x Clairvoyant Strike>filler>Project>Low Slash>Shadow Strike>Spinning Strike (if below 30%).

Bear in mind, you'll have a harder time bursting down other Assassins and Shadows or Scouperative healers.

what do u have to do. a damn noob can play this class and seem to be op i hope they balance u guys cause right now its damn stupid how op your class is

QQ moar.

Hit Potency in stealth and open with Spinning Kick>Shadow Strike. I've seen many players who panic and CC break the Spinning Kick knockdown, which I immediately follow with Stun. Even if they don't, that's a few seconds they aren't hitting you back. After that opening combo, I do the standard Breach>Project>2x Clairvoyant Strike>filler>Project>Low Slash>Shadow Strike>Spinning Strike (if below 30%).

Bear in mind, you'll have a harder time bursting down other Assassins and Shadows or Scouperative healers.

QQ moar.

ehhhh nope.

this opener rotation is quit.... not ideal....

if you hit pontency in stealth and open with spin kick you lose 1 potency.... of course you got the melee crit buff, but hit potency after spinning kick, then force breach and ss. and dont knockback or stun with aktive potency....