Mercenary Ilum Domination

Flintfire

As you all know, the Gree event has been back for the past week and usually you have the usual problems with ganking and the likes. But even solo, I haven't noticed a problem. Obviously, I get killed from time to time. But I have truly noticed in the open world PvP setting just how strong mercs have become. A group of two sentinels attacked me once, and I killed both of them solo. Power surge + Concussion Missiled one, then standard arsenal rotation on the second one. Within the 8 seconds that concussion missile knocked one out, I dispatched the first sentinel, healed myself with a medpac, and proceeded to kill the other sentinel. And not just once. I noticed this happening many times. I remember last year if a player attacked a merc in the Ilum PvP zone it was a free kill for them. Now I get ambushed by a scoundrel, and I just jet boost em away and kill them with the rotation. I am in a mix of PvP/ PvE gear for lvl 55. It is actually crazy. I just love playing on my mercenary now because I now know that I have a good chance of killing players 1 on 1 now. I'm sure other people have noticed the difference, right?

Posting in a stealth nerf-mercs thread.

Well, I guess our time has come, finally.

[/cynicism]

As well:

1/10.

....What? More like that post gets 1/10

Anyways, OP, i would agree merc has become a 1 man wrecking crew if played properly. Getting constant 5-6k Tracer crits + 11k Heat seeker missle crits + 8k railshots + 20k+ unload ticks are just too damn good right now.

....What? More like that post gets 1/10

Anyways, OP, i would agree merc has become a 1 man wrecking crew if played properly. Getting constant 5-6k Tracer crits + 11k Heat seeker missle crits + 8k railshots + 20k+ unload ticks are just too damn good right now.

Is that in OW or WZ?

Yeah, if you're in full PvP gear vs. someone in PvE gear, then I can see it happening --rarely-- but IME the Merc has always been a good OW ganker-cannon.

If this is happening in a more "balanced" situation though, then I'd just sit back and enjoy being the O/P flavour of the month. It'll be fun whilst it lasts before we get nerfed into complete uselessness. Again.

E:

I can haz guaranteed AoE auto-crit too, pls?

Edited by midianlord