Who do you hate to see in PvP?

Gnoblesse

I especially hate to see youbecool on his pt, cause i know he will taunt me then i have to go smash him to death for 9000s right through his tank set. Ill never tell u how but its fun.:D

I know how....and it isn't viable in anything other than regs

Edited by Frequencyz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually goresmash worked quite well in 4v4s on the pts with a whitebarred gore ravage smash. I never got a chance to play with it in ranked much but i would think straight up damage of rage would be better to pressure healers in 8v8. But then again it makes a mess of solo node gaurds too... most specs have a place somewhere in ranked if you look real hard.

actually goresmash worked quite well in 4v4s on the pts with a whitebarred gore ravage smash. I never got a chance to play with it in ranked much but i would think straight up damage of rage would be better to pressure healers in 8v8. But then again it makes a mess of solo node gaurds too... most specs have a place somewhere in ranked if you look real hard.

It's more the fact that you are giving up defensive talents and utility in favor of higher single target damage...a marauder can't even approach a solo guarded node without it being called out. Assuming you're going up to tier 5 in both trees, you're sacrificing so much utility and defensive ability, it would be foolish to run it against anything other than terrible people. Now I don't question the viability of it in 4v4's at all, but I would never do it.....I wouldn't even play rage XDD

You also lose crush...which isn't a terrible loss...but that's just assuming you're coming from rage, if you're carnage like a real man, you would be losing a root, some defense, a root breaker, a buncha tasty crit damage, RNG gores and execute throws....and of course massacre...which half the spec is built around.......you basically get all the homosexuality of rage, with about 10 wasted points (the ones that require ataru form) and a 4.5 second chunk of ARP from carnage. Every fight in ranked is a long fight, almost every arena i've been in has made it to the acid, giving up an undying that only penalizes half as much health and comes twice as often, and a ranged slow, is gonna hurt you a lot more than that extra bit of burst is going to help you.

You also lose crush...which isn't a terrible loss...but that's just assuming you're coming from rage, if you're carnage like a real man, you would be losing a root, some defense, a root breaker, a buncha tasty crit damage, RNG gores and execute throws....and of course massacre...which half the spec is built around.......you basically get all the homosexuality of rage, with about 10 wasted points (the ones that require ataru form) and a 4.5 second chunk of ARP from carnage. Every fight in ranked is a long fight, almost every arena i've been in has made it to the acid, giving up an undying that only penalizes half as much health and comes twice as often, and a ranged slow, is gonna hurt you a lot more than that extra bit of burst is going to help you.

Im not sure you know what spec im talking about... or at least what points go where.

So the only root lost from carnage is ravage root, but thats ok, ur leap root is long enough to get the whole ravage off anyway.

The unbound ability is taken, so you still have root break on camo as well as the run fast pred, force leap is also taken so you have 2 ways to remove your roots actually.

Being in shii-cho is pretty much awesome for defense -5% static damage reduction compared to 6% and 7% for carnage and rage respectively, not a huge loss.

there's only 2 wasted points.

I have only had the chance to play with the hybrid in arena for about 4 matches so i am not sure it will work here, but the few times i tried, it was pretty fun. Once white-barred, a leap gore ravage smash is a ton of burst that finishes with the aoe.

Ranged slow? huh? where is a ranged slow given up.

I would post the tree but i really don't want to spread it around...

I am thinking about switching to carnage for arenas, tried that a few times too and given the right procs, the burst is nuts for sure. But anyway, enough about comparing the specs, i have fun whatever spec im in, less its anni in ranked but that is different discussion.

on to who i hate seeing... lendle... pops outa stealth and wips my but... ug i hate all sins!

Im not sure you know what spec im talking about... or at least what points go where.

So the only root lost from carnage is ravage root, but thats ok, ur leap root is long enough to get the whole ravage off anyway.

The unbound ability is taken, so you still have root break on camo as well as the run fast pred, force leap is also taken so you have 2 ways to remove your roots actually.

Being in shii-cho is pretty much awesome for defense -5% static damage reduction compared to 6% and 7% for carnage and rage respectively, not a huge loss.

there's only 2 wasted points.

I have only had the chance to play with the hybrid in arena for about 4 matches so i am not sure it will work here, but the few times i tried, it was pretty fun. Once white-barred, a leap gore ravage smash is a ton of burst that finishes with the aoe.

Ranged slow? huh? where is a ranged slow given up.

I would post the tree but i really don't want to spread it around...

I am thinking about switching to carnage for arenas, tried that a few times too and given the right procs, the burst is nuts for sure. But anyway, enough about comparing the specs, i have fun whatever spec im in, less its anni in ranked but that is different discussion.

on to who i hate seeing... lendle... pops outa stealth and wips my but... ug i hate all sins!

the burst of carnage is also easy for people to avoid

crush...while the range is short...it is a slow..and it's ranged. lol

putting points in unbound makes it work though :)

and eavn, that's assuming all the burst is coming from ravage...with the addition of slaughter, everything is different.

Edited by Frequencyz

crush...while the range is short...it is a slow..and it's ranged. lol

putting points in unbound makes it work though :)

and eavn, that's assuming all the burst is coming from ravage...with the addition of slaughter, everything is different.

Yea, unless i know its a noob, i wont ravage less white-barred/i know they are outa cc/knockbacks or i wana root them for some reason. Yea i never thought of using crush as a slow lol, but yea i guess it is.

Yea, unless i know its a noob, i wont ravage less white-barred/i know they are outa cc/knockbacks or i wana root them for some reason. Yea i never thought of using crush as a slow lol, but yea i guess it is.

If you specced for the force charge and obliterate snare, it's more of a root if used immediately after charge or obliterate. :eek:

and also assuming the other 3 people on that team are noobs. I personally wouldn't let a team mate eat a ravage....I would obfuscate the person, then go back about my business.

and also assuming the other 3 people on that team are noobs. I personally wouldn't let a team mate eat a ravage....I would obfuscate the person, then go back about my business.

pretty much this, ravage/master strike as it stands is waaaay to easy to avoid, knockback/stun if not whitebarred, pacify if they are etc etc, the only spec that can get most of it off is vengeance juggs, and even then if timed right you can stop the last 0.5 seconds of it.

oh yes, and the worst of all are operatives, i know for sure that any decent operative is going to stealth, stunor use their 3 sec dcd when i pop my masterstrike.

Edited by eavn

I use MS as a tool for making people pop their cooldowns. Especially that Sorc bubble. :) Forcing them to use that early is sometimes the difference between capping and failing.

Who do I hate to see in PVP? Teams with three or more healers.

iPug....a lot. Sometimes you land in those groups that like to let the healers stand there, free cast, and circle jerk heal one another. The scoreboard for me usually carries a stat line like this:

1,000,000 damage 3 kills 0 deaths defeat