New Event: Capital World Invasion

rbaratheon

Just like it sounds- the event would be Imps trying to reconquer (conquer? Sorry, not up on all the lore) Coruscant, while the Pubs discover Dromund Kaas and launch an invasion.

On PvE servers, players would serve as defenders against enemy NPCs. The servers would keep a kill count going for the duration of the event and whichever side kills more NPCs would get a temporary (1-2 weeks), minor (3-5%) primary stat boost. Maybe titles too (ex: Sword of the Republic for Pubs, and Fist of the Empire for Imps). Special titles could be awarded to players who complete certain achievements (ex. killing 1,000 enemies) suuch as Mortal Sword of the Republic for Pubs and High Fist of the Empire for Imps. (Unless there are copyright issues).

On PvP servers, players would serve as both attackers and defenders, with the enemy capital worlds available on the galaxy maps. Scoring would be the same- whoever racks up the most kills would get the same reward stipulated above.

I'm sure this would be a pretty tough undertaking from the dev side, but I think it would really bring a "Star Wars" feel and create a truly cooperative experience for the players, instead of lining up for event objectives and having other players ninja objectives.

Just my thoughts, it would be super cool to see.

Just like it sounds- the event would be Imps trying to reconquer (conquer? Sorry, not up on all the lore) Coruscant, while the Pubs discover Dromund Kaas and launch an invasion.

On PvE servers, players would serve as defenders against enemy NPCs. The servers would keep a kill count going for the duration of the event and whichever side kills more NPCs would get a temporary (1-2 weeks), minor (3-5%) primary stat boost. Maybe titles too (ex: Sword of the Republic for Pubs, and Fist of the Empire for Imps). Special titles could be awarded to players who complete certain achievements (ex. killing 1,000 enemies) suuch as Mortal Sword of the Republic for Pubs and High Fist of the Empire for Imps. (Unless there are copyright issues).

On PvP servers, players would serve as both attackers and defenders, with the enemy capital worlds available on the galaxy maps. Scoring would be the same- whoever racks up the most kills would get the same reward stipulated above.

I'm sure this would be a pretty tough undertaking from the dev side, but I think it would really bring a "Star Wars" feel and create a truly cooperative experience for the players, instead of lining up for event objectives and having other players ninja objectives.

Just my thoughts, it would be super cool to see.

This reminds me of the Capital raids I experienced in WoW and I support this idea. I think some tweaking needs to happen YET I greatly miss those days of raiding a opposite faction's capital. It was very rewarding world pvp and extremely fun. Those of you who've never experienced a Capital raid... well... not much to say to you. I hope this is considered in some form in the future.