Encrypted Datacube 99-F

Blixyy

Hi,

Recently I received the encrypted datcube 99_F. I'm not sure what to do with it and if i am ready to use it being on level 32. I can't find much information about it on the internet so I hope one of you guys can tell me something more about it. Thank you.

Cheers,

Blixyy

As I understand it, the Encrypted Datacubes are related to the Macrobinoculars questline. I would finish that, including the heroic at the end, before looking at the cube.

No.

There are 8 encrypted datacubes, all come from random drops inside Archon Contraband Cartel Packs and Supreme Mogul Cartel Packs.

Each one unlocks a simple quest where you go to Nar Shadda, activate a terminal, listen to a meaningless 60 second snippet of story, and then have your choice of an XP boost or a Valor boost. You do all 8 at the same terminal.. so if you have the 8 cubes and 10 minutes to spare.. you earn 8 boosts of your choice + a nice set of adaptive armor (which will unlock in Collections for a nominal fee).

When you complete all 8, you then receive the Revered Chronicler’s Armor set, which you can then unlock in collections for a handful of CCs (I think it was 60). This set is only available by unlocking the 8 datacubes and completing the simple "stare_at_terminal" quests.

Most of these cubes are for sale on the GTN for less then 50K credits, last time I checked.

These cubes were also attacked venomously in the forum when 2.2 went live.. as somehow being Pay2Win because they (according to hyperbolic prosecutors) were somehow Pay-2-Story...with allegations of "oh noes... Bioware is making us pay for story content nao!"

Edited by Andryah

No.

There are 8 encrypted datacubes, all come from random drops inside Archon Contraband Cartel Packs and Supreme Mogul Cartel Packs.

8? I only saw four in my collections so I only looked for 4. =/

Are the other 4 not in the Collection or something?

When you complete all 8, you then receive the Revered Chronicler’s Armor set, which you can then unlock in collections for a handful of CCs (I think it was 60).

Is that really all it costs? And here I was going to unlock each datacube individually.

If you don't want the armor set I'd recommend holding on to the cube awhile before selling. They'll increase in value whenever a new pack comes out. The old 4 already sell considerably higher than the current 4.