Stealth-Is it broken?

Alericus

Too many times in pve and pvp Ive been pulled out of stealth. By other players or npc detection you say...no just pulled out in spawn points or in strange locations where there is no players.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

candidates for assassin reps take note perhaps a comment on this would be nice...........

Personally I have never had a problem being pulled out of stealth just spent an hour plus seeing if I had an issues and none I could see. Unless others can verify probably not one of the 3 most pressing issues to be brought to the Dev team by the rep. Even if its an issue it's likely a bug that needs to be reported.

If it is a bug specifics need to be noted such as where you were exactly, how long were you in stealth brought to being pulled out of it, what did you do right before that, can you repro it and provide the steps on what exactly occurred. All of this will helps others verify the issue.

Edited by Avicii

Do you have your graphic settings on low, with out Bloom or very low shading settings? If so, are you sure you're not being detected by droids (they're pretty common on Makeb, especially) that have a constant Stealth Detection (you can see their little Remotes buzzing around them scanning, but the lightning might not be visible on lower settings, so it can be surprising).

I'm not sure what to suggest about PvP. I have this issue too, but it's generally when I just do a bad job of sneaking up on someone, I stay put too long, or they just have an elevated detection level (talents). I can tell you right now that outside of popping Black Out, Stealthing around players is almost entirely dependent on just not getting unlucky enough to get spotted. Being hit by area attacks of any kind will take you out of stealth though.

Stealth is not "you'll never see me invisibility".

In terms of PvP, good PvP players will know when they're open to stealth attacks and be ready for it by spamming tab. Open question, has anyone been detected when using Blackout?

For PvE, Belgaer's probably got the right of it with the stupid sensor drops or just NPC's close enough (or the other side of a wall) knocking you out. I'm guessing you're not attacked just loose stealth.

I'm guessing you're not attacked just loose stealth.

I was also under this impression, for the record. If that's not the case, then the missing element here is that you didn't know being damaged takes you out of stealth. lol If it wasn't this way, it'd be overpowered in pvp. :/

Edited by Belgaer

Although I will say that Stealthing OUT has always been broken. We get an increased stealth level for a few seconds when we stealth out of combat, but it often doesn't work. Sometimes it's because our companions don't leave combat for whatever reason and sometimes it just doesn't work at all and we still get attacked (pve). In pvp, it's easy enough for players to simply use an area attack as soon as we do it to knock us right out of combat though, so it's useful to pop Black Out and Force Speed as soon as we stealth out. Edited by Belgaer

To update, no Ive seen this weird behavior mostly in pve areas and the few times in pvp, its the spawn point, hopefully im not being attacked there..seen this mostly before the match has even launched.

I suspected the droid detection but I have seen this when as Ive said absolutely nothing is nearby npc or otherwise..unless for some strange reason a player is stealthed nearby effecting this...but its been so random I cant say why.

Well today on my sin, doing hutballs, I stealth in the start zone. leaving it at the start of the match, Im brought out of stealth. I hit "z" my keybind to stealth, enter stealth for half a second as I run up the starting ramp then imediately leave stealth. Stealth now goes on cd and I have to wait a few secs until I can try to stealth again. This happens multiple times. It doesnt happen every hutball, but if it starts happening once it seems to happen for most of the match.

I have found one solution to the problem is to not move when I enter stealth, literally: stand still hit "z" and do nothing for 2 breaths until I'm safely stealthed. This normally lets me enter stealth instead of just spamming stealth then being brought straight out of it over and over. Maybe server lag could be causing this? I dont see how, but Im not an expert.

The 2nd big stealth issue I have ofc is the good old being focused by 3 players, hit force shroud, hit force cloak, hit force speed, get 3 yards away in the direction Im facing and being brought straight out of stealth and cc'd> killed. Really annoying.