Question about collections, please help!

Fallen_Spite

currently im trying to get the "Phantom" set, I currently have all but one piece (legs), but the thing is I have the helm, boots and gloves on one toon. nd just the chest, belt and wrists on another toon. if I buy the remaining piece (legs) for either toon, wil it unlock the set in collections for me?

or dose it all have to be done on one toon? really don't want to have to waste more cash then I have to :(

As far as I am aware you have to equip them all to the same toon. Or at least that's what I have been doing. There were a number of threads on this when collections first came out along with a developer response as to why items weren't individually tracked.

just found out the hard way, all need to be on the same toon :( rather a waste to have to basicly buy a another set whe in pretty much had a set :( oh well... got some saving to do :/

Only a waste in retrospect. Thing is....in retrospect... it was also a waste to have equipped a full set of particular gear on multiple characterts pre-collections as well...because if you had just waited.. you would have done with one set and then added it to collections.

Progress..... she's a harsh mistress in some ways and a princess in others. :)

Now.. if you acquired all the pieces post Collections, and simply did not read and understand the requirements for an unlock.. well.. that's on you.. and lesson learned. :)

Edited by Andryah

so i see that the grade 7 spaceship bundles are in my collections, but i can seem to be able to unlock it for my account so i can give thm to all my characters...

am i just missing the order of operations or something>?

i purchased all 3 bumndles when they came out, and i bought them off gtn on anotjher. i have tried unequipping and re-equipping on the character that i used CC for, and they are listed as 100% in my collections, but i cant add them to my inventory on any other character

Edited by dipstik

so i see that the grade 7 spaceship bundles are in my collections, but i can seem to be able to unlock it for my account so i can give thm to all my characters...

i purchased all 3 bumndles when they came out, and i bought them off gtn on anotjher. i have tried unequipping and re-equipping on the character that i used CC for, and they are listed as 100% in my collections, but i cant add them to my inventory on any other character

You can't unlock items with stats in your Collection for your entire account to use.

Edited by TheNahash

I don't think it's actually possible to get those on other characters through the collections, I've seen people say the same about gear with purple mods and such in it.

They are just showing there as a "collectible" I believe, though I could be wrong since I've never tried with the ship parts.

Nope, you're not missing anything. The ship parts cannot me unlocked account wide. I kind of can understand why but would've loved for this to be possible. Oh well.