Come cry with me.

danielevitt

I just got this game a couple of days ago, and I am already level 30. I did some research before choosing which class to make, and I ended up with choosing the Bounty Hunter. I am having a lot of fun on my Bounty Hunter, but the only reason I wanted to go bounty hunter is cause of Blizz the Jawa companion. I heard he is nothing but eye candy, is that true? I heard he is useless, and I am a powertech which makes it even more insulting. I haven't slept for 3 nights, I am jacked up on Red Bull, and other energy supplements to keep me awake. I am approaching Quesh very soon, and hoping to get my Jawa companion really soon. I heard he is a tank which makes me furious. Can I still make him work? I thought I would see Bounty Hunters everywhere cause of the Jawa companion, but on my server The Bastion I rarely see Bounty Hunters in general. Please don't tell me this class is bad since I love tanking, and power techs are very fun and I never seem to die. I know this class is good if played right. I'm a good player, and I intend to do good dps and tank really well. I am just upset that I've killed myself over nothing. I may re-roll a sorc or a jug. Thank you for reading, but I'd love your opinions on Blizz. Take care!

So I shouldn't have a problem using Blitz if I am a powertech?

Blizz is a "ranged" tank, but does have a DPS stance that you can put him in if you are a tank. Won't be as much damage as a DPS companion, or as smooth as using a healer companion, but if you're set on using the little guy, you'll be able to level and do solo content with him just fine. And he is indeed quite hilarious.

As OlosBC said, you can make Blizz work in dps stance and gear. Leveling is pretty easy anyway, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. I even used Blizz throughout all of Makeb (level 50-55 content) except for the Archon and he had crappy gear.

P.S. I can sympathize with your plight about Powertechs being somewhat underrepresented. Its just that our dps trees are not as effective as those of other classes. Class balance, though, isn't set in stone. It can change, and hopefully for the better.

P.P.S. Get some sleep. Your body will thank you for it.

Edited by af_raptura

As OlosBC said, you can make Blizz work in dps stance and gear. Leveling is pretty easy anyway, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. I even used Blizz throughout all of Makeb (level 50-55 content) except for the Archon and he had crappy gear.

P.S. I can sympathize with your plight about Powertechs being somewhat underrepresented. Its just that our dps trees are not as effective as those of other classes. Class balance, though, isn't set in stone. It can change, and hopefully for the better.

P.P.S. Get some sleep. Your body will thank you for it.

Thank you for this. I was wondering who pulls more dps at the moment if they were both played really well. Mercenary or Powertech?

If you really want to make the best use of blizz though, you could re-roll your bounty hunter and go mercenary healer (level as dps probably and respect to heals as needed (field respec legacy unlock is amazing, best I believe 250k I ever spent) since you don't get a tank (skadge) until belsavis, then blizz on hoth). Just an option, but right now, I'm leveling a sin tank and running around with khem val in tank mode, rather than a geared 2v-r8 (only on nar shadda) and I've been able to solo most 2 man and a lot of 4 man heroics. It's actually fun leveling as tank with tank companion. the companions can still put out some good dps and often kill mobs before I do, even healers sometimes, but in tight spots, you can bounce agro back and forth so you can sorta heal up a bit mid-fight, or let your defensive CDs cooldown, then pull agro back. I usually toggle khem's taunt off though, and just press the hotkey combo for them as needed, so he's not taunting every time it comes off cooldown, so he survives with me longer. yes, I do have to heal between bigger fights...but that's 20 secs at most. big deal.