should i or should i not reroll

xonomaii

hi guys & gals!

i played waaaaaayyyyy back when the game released, made it to max level (40 at the time i think), and stopped playing until now.

i'm torn between starting a new character - same as my lv 40 - because i cant remember how to play the toon. there are so many skills i dont know what to do with them. hence why i'm thinking of rerolling.

should i try and stick it out with my lv 40 inquisitor or just roll a new one? has there been new content added in the leveling arcs?

thanks for your time & advice!

Max level was 50.*

I was in the same situation as you, not only did I not feel like remembering all the abilities, but more importantly I forgot what was going on in my character's atory... I deleted the toon and started again.

There has been new contented added between levels 50-55. You might find yourself a bit overwhelmed at where you should go next. Back to Correlia? Go to Illum? Belsavis? Makeb? The game really branches out for you and the possibilities for you to level at that point.

Edited by Lionflash

i don't think there is anything for new story content. max level was 50. if you pay for the expansion, it's 55 now.

if you want to reroll, i would suggest starting a new class. if like your inquisitor, i'd keep playing him. your gear is now obsolete, so going from regular 50 flashpoints to hardmode to level 55 will give you the experience to relearn your abilities, which have probably changed.

playing a toon from 1-40ish is just different than playing at 50, which is still different than playing at 55 because your abilities change. i don't think there would be any advantage for you to start over in that sense.

Max level was 50.*

I was in the same situation as you, not only did I feel overwhelmed with remembering all the abilities, but more importantly I forgot what was going on in my character's atory...

I deleted the toon and started again.

come to think of it - i cant remember the story line either. think i'll keep my current inquisitor for the crew crafting stuff and storage, and roll a new inquisitor. i noticed a few new species that looked interesting :)

thanks Lionflash! i think your post was the deal maker/breaker for me :)

Edited by xonomaii

I go with keeping the level 40, maybe watching some vids of the class story up to the point you're at in order to refresh your memory about that (if you need to), and 'relearn' your abilities by soloing lower heroics and flashpoints. A nice side benefit of this is getting various achievements easily.

Another route would be to keep the 40, roll a JC and go with shadow as advanced class. This worked for me in a slightly different manner- had a merc at 40 for more than a year, rolled a trooper (--->commando) at some point, same spec as the merc; I basically 'relearned' my merc that way, picked her back up and now am at 55 about to finish Makeb.

Whatever you do, welcome back, good luck and have fun :)

Always late posting before coffee- cheers for you keeping the character :D

Keep the current toon and roll a new one to re-familiarize yourself with the game. You might want to think about the mirror AC on the Rep side. That way, you get a different story, but you will relearn how to play your higher level toon at the same time. All the abilities are the same they just have different names and animations.

pvp from 40 to 54. max out your regular comms and rated comms. then you can buy most of the partisan pvp set. you'll be able to use that to run the 55 HM FP's to get 69 gear and from there you can run SM/HM of the ops. gear to 72 and you're ready for NiM.

should take a couple weeks to get 55 with full coms. a few days to get 69 geared with FP's (especially if you can spec heals for faster que pop) and then you're gtg. need on everything as you can sell the purples you don't need for credits so you can pull the mods out and augment the pieces you do need.

by this time next month you'll be raiding HM/NiM and know your class at least one if not 2 different specs (heals/dps). you're welcome.

ps.. you may catch hate if you ninja gear in FPs or need on stuff that's not a clear upgrade just for one mod or for a companion or for the 4 piece set bonus.. if this is the case then buy a name change with cartel coins or off the AH. you can more radically server transfer if you still get aggro from server mates.

need on everything as you can sell the purples you don't need for credits so you can pull the mods out and augment the pieces you do need.

... Yeah, don't do this. You'd be an ***, and likely still have trouble finding groups thanks to /ignore.

As for the OP, you seem to be leveling up the same class already -- but there's always the option to roll the consular mirror too, to relearn your sith.

thanks for all the advice guys!

i've gone the assassin path, made it to lv 18 yesterday. kinda miss my sorc, will probably give him a spin much later. i dont mind re-doing all the leveling. at least now i'm not sitting with a duplicate character :)

one more quick bit of advice. revisit your sorc to run dailies on black hole, ilum, maybe section x. make money to send to your alt. it can be hard staying ahead of the gear curve at low levels, but a couple hundred thousand credits makes it a lot easier.

i dont need on what i dont need - if that makes sense.

i try to wait till last to key in an option - to see who is trying to be a ninja - if the gear is not bop and someone needs who cant use it, then i need to, and give it to the player who could actually use it.

probably makes me a sod for doing it but i hate ninjas.

Edited by xonomaii