Mailing to alts.

MystbladeWA

Please introduce a dropdown box within the mail client that includes your Legacy toons. Simple, no fuss addition that will eliminate the possibility of accidentally sending mats/gear/creds to the wrong person if u have a lot of alts.

Disclaimers to ward off trolls:

1) Yes, personal responsibility is a factor, but in a system that allows special characters to be used in toon names, it can be easy to make a simple mistake.

2) We have ALL, at one stage or another, done something stupid like this (maybe not exactly this, but the point remains). This is a simple solution to a potentially very annoying possibility. Wouldn't take much to implement.

Please introduce a dropdown box within the mail client that includes your Legacy toons. Simple, no fuss addition that will eliminate the possibility of accidentally sending mats/gear/creds to the wrong person if u have a lot of alts.

Disclaimers to ward off trolls:

1) Yes, personal responsibility is a factor, but in a system that allows special characters to be used in toon names, it can be easy to make a simple mistake.

2) We have ALL, at one stage or another, done something stupid like this (maybe not exactly this, but the point remains). This is a simple solution to a potentially very annoying possibility. Wouldn't take much to implement.

A helpful idea as such but I still much prefer to get a legacy bank so we don't have to mail stuff to our alts at all and also have a central place to save money for all my characters.

If they put effort into something similar. My vote would also go to: give us a damn legacy bank already! I would get it even if it's 25 mil like the GTN on the ship or a cartel market purchase (would be my first non-make-over.)

I've not had any issues with the mailing system so far though. I absolutely adore it. But I have no issues what-so-ever remember all my toons names, which I know can be difficult for some, especially those who had a name-change.

Oh yes, one vote for yes please here. Maybe (gasp) have Friends on it too

For alts on the same faction I add them into my friends list. As you start to type the name it gives you a drop down list of names, friends at the top, then guildmembers if you happen to be in a guild. Not a perfect solution as it doesn't address alts in the opposite faction but it does reduce the amount you have to type and reduces the chance of a typographical error creeping in.

I also tend to have a 'send to' alt on the opposite faction, usually one with the easiest to remember name and no special characters. Can be a bit long winded but worth it if you mail to alts a lot.

Perhaps this is already realized by the OP, but this already works on same faction. When you start typing a name, the field drops down to suggest recipients, including your alts, friends and guild members. I'm assuming you want your cross faction alts to appear as well, which I fully support.

Legacy bank would be great as well.

A work around I've found is to mail a junk mail message to each of your own cross-faction alts once, then you can click on the mail, and hit reply to make sure you're sending to your alt. It should stay in your mailbox for at least 30 days I believe.

A helpful idea as such but I still much prefer to get a legacy bank so we don't have to mail stuff to our alts at all and also have a central place to save money for all my characters.

Legacy money would make it harder to transfer characters to another server. So perhaps with the warning "Once you make your credits legacy, you cannot transfer a character to another server unless it is the only character in the legacy."

Good idea.

Legacy bank its an even bettee idea.

When i read good ideas like this i really think that the devs must have tem already in a idea box, separated by categories like "doable", "tecnicaly impossible", and such... and they just think when is the most profitable time to release them. Like when they get an lower income of clients, or get a spike of unsubscrition and want call them back, and such

Anyway:

/signed