Good reason to quit WZs (before start).

Achyllis

This game has been out a year and a half BW. In all that time you still can't get warzones to start with a full complement of players? The time for making excuses for you is long past.

So after running a 5 man Hypergates this morning (it filled to 8 with 21 seconds left in round 3) and starting a Voidstar with 6, I have no choice but to implement my own mechanic.

Under 10 seconds on the counter to start the WZ with fewer than 7 players and I'm out. No point wasting the 12 minutes of my life with no prospect of fun.

Or you could create a better set of rules and fix PvP. I won't hold my breath.

I wonder if this problem will exist with Arenas.....going to love 2v4 or 1v4.

I don't know how to phrase this nicely, but you may win the dumb post of the day award. Given that arenas are going to be coordinated group pvp, you're going to have to queue with three other people, the same way rateds require eight players per team. A solo-queue-only arena system could be an interesting experiment, however.

As for the OP, that idea's better than the guys who leave a 55 wz after having spent ten minutes in it just because the team's losing. No point in staying in an empty group or one with an absolutely horrible composition *cough*six sorcerers*cough*

This game has been out a year and a half BW. In all that time you still can't get warzones to start with a full complement of players? The time for making excuses for you is long past.

So after running a 5 man Hypergates this morning (it filled to 8 with 21 seconds left in round 3) and starting a Voidstar with 6, I have no choice but to implement my own mechanic.

Under 10 seconds on the counter to start the WZ with fewer than 7 players and I'm out. No point wasting the 12 minutes of my life with no prospect of fun.

Or you could create a better set of rules and fix PvP. I won't hold my breath.

True that.

Pvp is broken and FUBAR

I don't know how to phrase this nicely, but you may win the dumb post of the day award. Given that arenas are going to be coordinated group pvp, you're going to have to queue with three other people, the same way rateds require eight players per team. A solo-queue-only arena system could be an interesting experiment, however.

As for the OP, that idea's better than the guys who leave a 55 wz after having spent ten minutes in it just because the team's losing. No point in staying in an empty group or one with an absolutely horrible composition *cough*six sorcerers*cough*

This is BioWare...You really thing they wont implement a solo queue for arenas?

Entered a HB the other day with only 5 people when the gates opened....against 7. I almost left, but I'm glad I didn't. The 5 of us had a 3-0 lead when a sixth man showed up, and when both sides had a full group, it was 4-1. We won 5-1 and I finished my weekly. So although you may be outnumbered, your 5 men may have more skill than the other 8.

I can't even remember the last time I was in a warzone that started 8v8. I'm not a rage quitter but if the game keeps my team down 2 people for an extended period of time I'll occassionally bail. It's simply not fair, especially when you start on defense in voidstar or get slaughtered at mid in AH. If it's huttball, civil, or novare you can usually hold on for a minute or two while it slowly backfills.

Yestetday we had a pub vs pub AH load up and we eventually filled to 8 people before the round began. The other team had 4 and never got another before the match ended in 30 seconds. Why that couldn't that have started 6v6 is beyond me (yes I know a premade probably bailed on the queue but we only had 5 until seconds before the match started so they could have evened out the teams).

I'd rather wait 10 minutes for a pop and have the group finder get it right than waiting 5 minutes and getting a gimped match. This has been going on since the patch that introduced the new backfill rules and should have got immediate attention because it completely ruins a number of warzones. But Bioware's track record with fixing PVP issues has been awful at best.