Stop crying about us in PVP

Sangrar

Hello, I got a Scoundrel. For the last months or so everyone seems to think that scoundrels are too overpowered and have been making pleads to nerf us and our abilities. I am SICK OF THIS. Because I got scamper everyone thinks I am using it as an exploitto take nodes before the other team. Honestly when I try that in huttball or novare coast the team get there at the SAME TIME as me before I CAN DO ANYTHING, the only difference though is that I run OUT OF ENERGY doing so and as a result I am unable to fight back much against attackers, so please stop giving us grief about "Scamper should havea cooldown" because guess what, it has its own problems when overused. I admit sometimes its agood escape and yes makes me go a little faster but it is no more of an advantage than abilities that jedi knights, sith warriors, jedi consular, jedi shadows, sith inquisitors, sith assassins, vanguards, and powertechs got in terms of GAP CLOSERS. So if you want to nerf scamper might as well nerf all of their respective instant movement abilities.

Second, I would like to address our HEALING. People say we are overpowered and our heals should be nerfed. I am decently geared for pvp and I do less healing than my commando or my sage. Also our healing AoE is different from that of a commando or sage in that we have to aim it at a specific person. In some instances this can be good but in others it is a pain and it only heals four people for a marginal amount. On the other hand SAGES GOT GREATER HEALS AND AoE's that heal for more and can heal groups at a time which is more useful in PVP When fighting on a node. I am not saying they should be nerfed, but COMPARED TO THEM nerfing us would be completely unfair and a true tragedy!

We got stealth which, ain't going to lie, is really useful, but so do shadows, so nerf that and you might as well nerf anyone who uses stealth.

Now, let me clear up some misconceptions here. First people see a group with several scoundrels that wins a warzone and automatically assume its because of them. In truth its because that team did have extra healers, but they could have been sages or commandos and not necessarily scoundrels. In fact sages with their AoE heals would actually do a better job. Also, someone sees a guy who is very well geared and/or skilled in pvp, who happens to be a scoundrel, and assumes him to represent us all. That is NOT TRUE. I myself get killed constantly, sometimes I got some victories but a lot of times I get my heals interrupted and die again and again, and only make it to the middle of the leaderboard unless I did something major to get the team the win which is rare for me scoundrel. So don't judge us ALL for the FEW.

Here are some tips when facing a scoundrel: interupt heals, stun them and do damage if possible during the stun, and put a DoT on them to keep them from using combat stealth to escape. that is done to me a lot and I die a lot. Learn to DO THAT AND YOU WILL SEE WE ARE AS VULNERABLE AS ALL OF YOU. STOP TRYING TO GET BIOWARE TO NERF US SO THATWAY WE WILL END UP THE WORST AND WEAKEST ADVANCED CLASS TO PLAY AND END UP BECOMING THE BULLIED VICTIMS OF THIS GAME IN PVP.

Now I am going to ask all responses to be clean and serious. I will respect your opinions but ONLY if you respect mine. Do not insult me or say anything disrespectful toward me or anyone who posts in this thread even if they are being disrespectful. I will listen to all opinions against what I have said and do a counterargument that is respectful of the person who posted and their ideas. Please don't hesitate to say if you agree or disagree with what I have said

Edited by Sangrar

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You made this thread about you, not your class.

You may be a good player, I have no way to know, but if you are doing more healing on a mando than a scoundrel and can't get to the huttball before the other team with energy, then you need more practice with this class.

You may be a good player, I have no way to know, but if you are doing more healing on a mando than a scoundrel and can't get to the huttball before the other team with energy, then you need more practice with this class.

/signed

People tend to forget that scoundrels are in fact easier to kill that a sage or commando (assuming perfect player with perfect gear).

Ok so we know the scoundrel will disappear, easily countered with dots.

Scoundrels dont gain resolve quickly at all, properly placed chain stuns are a scoundrel/op's worst enemy.

A sage/sorc just uses force barrier, which has a shockingly short cooldown for an ability so strong.

Commando/merc healers that are good will just keep kiting. Their knockback and hinder immunity skill, and fairly fast resolve building, keep them alive.

I think scoundrel/op is the flavor of the month, but by no means stronger than other healers. They do have abundant hots and stronger mobile heal abilities that let them run and heal.

The fact is that healers with guards are just a little stronger than the average group has DPS. This is most due to people trying to be dps on the classes other than mara/sent and sniper/slinger.

Trauma is required to kill guarded healers, and smash juggs, pyrotechs, shadow/assassin, sorc/sages cant do trauma.

So to the whiney players that can't kill healers, play a real dps class. It doesn't have all the safety nets your current class you're pretending to be dps has, but you won't have problems killing healers anymore.

A smash jugg, pyrotech, etc. DOES have purpose in the game, but if your team doesnt have a pure dps you wont beat a guarded healer or multiple healers.

In review, a scoundrel healer is mobile and has hots as his advantages. Understand that his mobile heals are no that strong, we are talkng 2-3k per global timer tick. When his hots wear off (18 seconds) and you have had a dps or two beating on him and keeping trauma up, he cant waste the ticks to refresh his hots. This is when you use stun locks to take away his mobility and spike him down. He can disappear once every few minutes, thats all.

I have a scoundrel as well except I'll be the first one to tell you that their healing is extremely OP atm and that scamper is stupid. Healing is easy mode right now on scoundrel. I have very little problem healing my teammates while also keeping myself alive thanks to the fact that I rarely ever have to cast anything.

As for scamper. It needs a CD, simple as that. Personally I'd make it so you can use it while rooted and make it roll the same distance as the snipers roll with a 20s CD on it. It still serves its purpose as a gap closer and an escape mechanism without being stupid as it is currently.

People tend to forget that scoundrels are in fact easier to kill that a sage or commando (assuming perfect player with perfect gear).

Scoundrels dont gain resolve quickly at all, properly placed chain stuns are a scoundrel/op's worst enemy.

A sage/sorc just uses force barrier, which has a shockingly short cooldown for an ability so strong.

Commando/merc healers that are good will just keep kiting. Their knockback and hinder immunity skill, and fairly fast resolve building, keep them alive.

I think scoundrel/op is the flavor of the month, but by no means stronger than other healers. They do have abundant hots and stronger mobile heal abilities that let them run and heal.

The fact is that healers with guards are just a little stronger than the average group has DPS. This is most due to people trying to be dps on the classes other than mara/sent and sniper/slinger.

Trauma is required to kill guarded healers, and smash juggs, pyrotechs, shadow/assassin, sorc/sages cant do trauma.

So to the whiney players that can't kill healers, play a real dps class. It doesn't have all the safety nets your current class you're pretending to be dps has, but you won't have problems killing healers anymore.

A smash jugg, pyrotech, etc. DOES have purpose in the game, but if your team doesnt have a pure dps you wont beat a guarded healer or multiple healers.

In review, a scoundrel healer is mobile and has hots as his advantages. Understand that his mobile heals are no that strong, we are talkng 2-3k per global timer tick. When his hots wear off (18 seconds) and you have had a dps or two beating on him and keeping trauma up, he cant waste the ticks to refresh his hots. This is when you use stun locks to take away his mobility and spike him down. He can disappear once every few minutes, thats all.

Restealth has a shorter CD than Force Barrier. One of many reasons your post makes no sense and I won't spend the time to go through all the points you made.

Disappearing Act

Instant

Cooldown: 120s

Overloads your stealth generator, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode. For 10 seconds, you become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is decreased by 100%.

Force Barrier

Instant

Cooldown: 180s

Projects a Force Barrier around you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled.

the only difference though is that I run OUT OF ENERGY doing so and as a result I am unable to fight back much against attackers,

You're doing it wrong. Pass it back FTW.

You're comparing it to abilities with a CD, not that it's very comparable to begin with.

Needs a CD.

/thread

Edited by Joesixxpack

Restealth has a shorter CD than Force Barrier. One of many reasons your post makes no sense and I won't spend the time to go through all the points you made.

The best one was resolve gain being slower on scoundrels..... Almost fell out my chair.....

They have a cleanse and dodge acts as a cleanse as well. Any half decent scoundrel will remove any adverse effects before stealthing...

That's not how resolve works...What class you are has ZERO meaning on how resolve works. Resolve is based on what type of stunned is used and when it is used (thanks 1.4 for changing that to making it worse.)

It's on a 3 minute CD...How is that shockingly short?

Kiting = not healing themselves since their main heals are all cast abilities and their immunity is tied to a shield on a fairly long CD. And again, resolve doesn't work like that. Please learn how resolve works before making stupid comments.

Scoundrels are hands down the best pvp healers atm...

The amount of ignorance here is scary... I can't stand people like you who think a tank/heal class cannot dps because they are "tanks/healers." I hate to break it to you, but those classes are capable of putting out just as much burst as the "pure" dps class. Trauma helps, but its hardly a game changer, especially against a guard+heal combo. That is a situation on its own that needs its mechanics altered.

Edited by Raansu

That's true and my post was more about the scoundrel than the sage. In comparison:

- a scoundrel does not have force speed

- a scoundrel does not have overload

- a scoundrel's damage reduction buff cant be up 100% of the time like a sage

- a scoundrel's accuracy debuff on flashbang works for multiple targets, but is a short duration. The sage's damage debuff after stun is single target but much more powerful and a longer duration debuff

The sage/sorc has many abilities that make it easier to not click the "save me" skill. And a dot on the scoundrel negates his disappear, but force barrier can't be negated.

The sage healer is actually much harder to kill than the scoundrel, for so many reasons.

But my post was about the abilities and limits of the scoundrel, not the sage.

That's true and my post was more about the scoundrel than the sage. In comparison:

- a scoundrel's accuracy debuff on flashbang works for multiple targets, but is a short duration. The sage's damage debuff after stun is single target but much more powerful and a longer duration debuff

The sage/sorc has many abilities that make it easier to not click the "save me" skill. And a dot on the scoundrel negates his disappear, but force barrier can't be negated.

The sage healer is actually much harder to kill than the scoundrel, for so many reasons.

Silence.

Scoundrels don't have to worry about interrupts or standing still 99% of the time. Best defense there is.

Scoundrels don't have to look at their energy bar because they know it's full.

/debate

Scoundrels don't have to worry about interrupts or standing still 99% of the time. Best defense there is.

Scoundrels don't have to look at their energy bar because they know it's full.

/debate

Do you wonder if we are somehow playing a different game? I mean things like your statement should be obvious to the average player right?

/Facepalm

My statement was not that a dps class has more burst damage, it was that a non-pure dps class has no trauma.

A purge has a limit to how many negative effects it removes, and its easy to stack above that limit.

And i stand corrected on the resolve statements. I just know my op and scoundrel are more vulnerable to chain locks than my merc or sorc. This is likely due to playstyle and may have something to do with having ways to frequently negate impairments.

I definitely agree the scoundrel healer is the most op heal class at this time, but the sage is comparably equal in many different ways.

On my operative or scoundrel i rarely die more than a few times even in brutal matches. I got bored playing it though.

Ok, you are clearly frustrated so i am going to try my best not to respond in the same tone as you :p

Watch this video and tell me that there are no issues with OP healers.

Resource management far too easy.

High mobility, aoe stun, few hard casts, AND instant HoTs that work on a second resource system? Come on dude, that is far too much compared to the other healing classes.

A class that does the most damage or healing to a target isn't worth much in a PvP. Mobility and tenacity comes first because if you are dead you can't contribute. Right now, OP healers are FAR more tenacious in PvP.

If you are having issues i suggest using the environment more, reading up on some of the synergy between your abilities, get a tank to guard you, and dps to peel for you.

Come on!! With all do respect, you must be doing something wrong, or these videos are doctored lol.

And on the issue of energy management, i have never once run out of energy healing as scoundrel or op while my restore skill was on cooldown. If somebody is running out of power, they are playing it wrong :-)

What he said...

My opinion nerf roll out of combat (give it a 20 sec CD's to the point you enter combat and then reset it).

Then nerf healing to put it on the same level as the other healers.

If the above 2 things are done I can see this class perfectly balanced.

but the sage is comparably equal in many different ways.

Not even close.

Scoundrels are effectively a hard counter to all melee DPS. Sages are not (because they are rooted in order to get heals off.)

Scoundrels are mostly instant which is a soft counter to all DPS. Sages are not...

Scoundrel wear medium armor. Sages do not.

I harass healers constantly and I can tell you don't play against them much.....

i don't understand the comparisions between the sorc and op healer. In my humble opinion, the sorc healer is where all healers should be at balance wise. Yes, the good ones are tough to kill, but they can also be killed. 1 dps can neutrialize a sorc healer, if equal skill. You cannot neutralize an op healer 1v1, they can tank you and keep their whole team up through hots and instants (TA generation is really what makes this OP over the top).

Against a sorc healer, as a dps you can: pressure with damage. cc heals, interupt heals, beat on them until they run outta force. If they flee with force speed, you can cc/snare/root them. If they invun bubble, you can sit there and cc/blow them up when it ends. good ones kite, but if your good, you kite with them and its possible to kill them.

Against an op, you cannot cc them during their roll. you can snare them, but they have 2 methods to purge that on low cooldowns. their main heals/hots are instant, nothing to interupt. you can cc them when <30, but good ones are prepared for that with their anti-cc and their ccs. they can vanish making you auto-switch targets off them. Yes, you can burn them down when focused with+ folks, but 1v1, no way should they be able to tank 1 and still heal everyone. They should have to be healing themselves only at that point. And assuming they don't overuse roll, will never run out of energy. This is just 1v1. Put a guard on my op healer and you better send 4+ people focusing me to burn me down.

Its like the developers sat down and took every conceivable way an OP could take damage, be cc'd, etc and gave them a counter for every single one of those instances.