PvP: To Many Leaderboard Focused Slingers?

Josewales

The other night I pug'd with 3 other Slingers in the same match...all of them sat in the back only caring about dps. Meanwhile I was the only one snuggling up to our lone healer with CC's & dome on stand by. Am I the only one that sees the majority of Slingers not utilizing their abilities, where they only care about leaderboards? Soon as I see a Slinger getting their hands dirty, I try my best to rotate my CC's with them.

Anyways, since 2.0....when things look bad, hightail it! Getting no heals and focused fired, high tail it saved my donkey many times. Just remember to point yourself in the right direction haha.

Concerning healers. When one pulls up beside ya, look after them! Your DPS sucks when you have to spawn or find a corner to heal anyways;). And for the opponent healers, focus fire!

End of rant.

The other night I pug'd with 3 other Slingers in the same match...all of them sat in the back only caring about dps. Meanwhile I was the only one snuggling up to our lone healer with CC's & dome on stand by. Am I the only one that sees the majority of Slingers not utilizing their abilities, where they only care about leaderboards? Soon as I see a Slinger getting their hands dirty, I try my best to rotate my CC's with them.

Anyways, since 2.0....when things look bad, hightail it! Getting no heals and focused fired, high tail it saved my donkey many times. Just remember to point yourself in the right direction haha.

Concerning healers. When one pulls up beside ya, look after them! Your DPS sucks when you have to spawn or find a corner to heal anyways;). And for the opponent healers, focus fire!

End of rant.

I don't really see the issue, then again you offered really vague info on the scenario at hand. First off, if I zone into a PvP match with 2 other slingers, that are somewhat geared up and look the part, I set my Focus Target to one of them and let them know via chat to do so with me as well. It is the Slingers job to wreck face, period (and yes Sabo can utilize node stops, I know). Sure, we should peel for healers, hit the objectives when it allows, etc. But for the most part, having 3 Slingers sitting back controlling a fight makes everyone elses job easier, especially a healer lol.

Don't get me wrong here, every class has that one guy who ignores the objective(s) and let's the other team cap, grab the ball, etc. But IMO, my job is total destruction, help control a fight and just lay waste. Sounds to me they were utilizing their strength, given the comp (sounds like 4 slingers total), so you pretty much gotta work with what you have. That's just my opinion, cause there is nothing worse when neither of the Slingers work off one another, focus on seperate targets, and get little accomplished. 3 Solid Slingers working together is a nightmare for the Opfor.

Edited by Pistols

Well what night and day compared to the pvp servers. I finally got all my toons transferred to Po5 again thanx to old guild mates. Had a blast last night where one got to pug with more skill. In turn most matches were close and fun. Once I ran into Hex's train of smashers and quickly moved on. Haha after 2 years doesn't that get old for them? Sorry off topic.

And in turn every Slinger I saw snuggled up and even the odd healer knew to stay close.

To add to your question on the slingers on the PvE server. No they did nothing to secure objectives. Just dps'n anything close...which means healers were out of range to burn down or cc. And when their front was burned down they retreated waiting for more pawns. This scenario happens there 2 many times.

Edited by Josewales