Scoundrel or Gunslinger

TheOpethian

So I've been playing assassin for a while now and I felt like rolling a smuggler since it seems pretty ****** but I can't decide between scoundrel or gunslinger, what's the difference in terms of damage,utility, dueling power, etc between the two ?

To lay it out simply...

Gunslingers have the superior DPS by far, and can put out extreme amounts of damage if played right, sadly they lack a lot of mobility.

Scoundrels, which have a stealth mechanism, are mobile and very good at burst DPS. The Scoundrel class, if played right, can stun lock their opponent and put out crazy bust DPS, killing the target ASAP. Sadly, however, they lack the sustainable DPS of a Gunslinger.

scoundrel = mobile healer, burst dps, or dot dps

gunslinger stationary dps.

if you wish to duel alot i'd suggest the assassin.

I already main an assassin and was looking for something similar, I'll think this over ^^ will most probably go with scoundrel though.

Having a really hard time deciding, just standing there with a level 10 smuggler.

What are you expecting for both of them?

GS is a ranged DPS only, with nice skills and high DPS

Scoundrel its hybrid, they can do awesome melee damage or can healing pretty well.

Both of them are a good choise, ofc. It's more about what u prefer, ranged or melee? stealth/healing or burst ranged? etc...

What are you expecting for both of them?

GS is a ranged DPS only, with nice skills and high DPS

Scoundrel its hybrid, they can do awesome melee damage or can healing pretty well.

Both of them are a good choise, ofc. It's more about what u prefer, ranged or melee? stealth/healing or burst ranged? etc...

I'm a huge fan of burst which both have but I guess I might go with scoundrel because it's versatile.

I'm a huge fan of burst which both have but I guess I might go with scoundrel because it's versatile.

Thats it, scoundrel its more versatile. Heal or DPS, u always have a choise :). With GS u only can do DMG, which is still so great, dont get me wrong. With GS u have good skills, awesome CC and if a easy choise to put high dmg on operations.

Right now, I think u can do an Scoundrel and when u reach lvl 55, do a Gunslinger :). This game its pretty friendly to make alters.

Thats it, scoundrel its more versatile. Heal or DPS, u always have a choise :). With GS u only can do DMG, which is still so great, dont get me wrong. With GS u have good skills, awesome CC and if a easy choise to put high dmg on operations.

Right now, I think u can do an Scoundrel and when u reach lvl 55, do a Gunslinger :). This game its pretty friendly to make alters.

Yeah I'm an altaholic but repeating the same story will be pretty boring, might roll a scoundrel then a sniper but two blasters is cooler than a rifle :p

Yeah I'm an altaholic but repeating the same story will be pretty boring, might roll a scoundrel then a sniper but two blasters is cooler than a rifle :p

I would recomend you make a Gunslinger (better animations, dual wielding whip) and operative for stealther class (knife it's better :D).

Edited by Stumkrav

I would recomend you make a Gunslinger (better animations, dual wielding whip) and operative for stealther class (knife it's better :D).

That's the thing, my character has a scoundrel feel to her :p not a fan of the wild west, damn this is a hard choice.

Either. They both parse well as DPS. Scoundrel gives you the option to heal, but is restricted to <10m combat as DPS (heals is fine <30m). Gunslinger maxes at 35m, though some specs (i.e. Saboteur vs bosses with extremely large hitboxes) may place you in closer quarters. Observe the Cross-Server DPS Leaderboards:

Invinc - Operative - 3248.72 DPS - 100% (top Op/Sc parse)

Roovin - Sniper - 3167.6 DPS - 97.50% (top Sn/GS parse)

They both do fine. If you want to be able to respec to heals, go Scoundrel. If you prefer ranged engagements, go Gunslinger. Just pick the one that you prefer the playstyle of if you prefer DPS.

Edited by ezrafetch

Either. They both parse well as DPS. Scoundrel gives you the option to heal, but is restricted to <10m combat as DPS (heals is fine <30m). Gunslinger maxes at 35m, though some specs (i.e. Saboteur vs bosses with extremely large hitboxes) may place you in closer quarters. Observe the Cross-Server DPS Leaderboards:

Invinc - Operative - 3248.72 DPS - 100% (top Op/Sc parse)

Roovin - Sniper - 3167.6 DPS - 97.50% (top Sn/GS parse)

They both do fine. If you want to be able to respec to heals, go Scoundrel. If you prefer ranged engagements, go Gunslinger. Just pick the one that you prefer the playstyle of if you prefer DPS.

Decided to go with Scoundrel mainly for the story and the versatility.