How to create a RW team?

SpoeMeister

Hi

So I'm in a guild called Skyfall. We are mostly PvE oriented (OMG Carebears!) but I do enjoy the occasional Warzone. You may have scolded me in a warzone recently (I play as either SpoeMeister or Do'chan, Operative and Sorcerer respectively).

Now, some other guildies also enjoy some PvP and so we want to create a team and gear up for Ranked Warzones. We won't be Tier 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever, but we would like to know some basics so that we at least can get a victory once in a blue moon :).

This is why I humbly ask my fellow TOFN'ers for pointers in creating a viable pvp environment for my guild:

- When would be a good time to enter RW's in general? Do we all need to be fully min-maxed augmented Partisans? I figure yes, but maybe there are teams out there that start earlier? would it be awful if we all had like 8 out of 14 in partisan and the rest still PVE?

- When are the best times to Queue for Ranked Warzones? so just timeframes where a pop is most likely to occur.

- What is the fastest way to gear up? Are the rewards for Ranked Warzones higher than regular warzones? so again, should we jump in immediately? Or is it just the grind of every day you grab the dailies and hope to win as much as possible for the weekly as well?

- And this may be the most important question of all: Is anyone willing to give a breakdown of known strategies, counter-strategies and best team compositions?

I understand you don't want to share all your guilds secrets to the vastness of the internet, so I would gladly accept any contributions via forum PM or in-game messages as well (SpoeMeister or Do'chan).

Thanks for any advice given.

- The sooner you start queuing the better basically, you can never get too much experience really. Full Partisan with Blue 28/18 augments is more than enough for just starting out. Don't bother minmaxing unless you really want and can afford to, IMO this is only crucial when you get really competitive, despite this I constantly see high level players running around with bad mods etc.

- Most teams queue between 7/8pm cet until around 11/12pm cet.

- Upon completing a ranked warzone you receive ranked commendations, which are worth 3x as much as normal warzone commendations. In other words, playing ranked allows for faster gearing.

- Strategies are team based and teams do things differently, apart from the basics, which includes setups and such. The setup is usually something like this:

1 Juggernaut/Guardian Tank

1 Operative/Scoundrel Healer

1 Sorcerer/Sage Healer

1 Assassin/Shadow DPS/Tank

2 Rage/Focus specced Warriors/Knights - Marauders/Sentinels are recommended for starting out, but 1 of them can be replaced for Juggernaut/Guardian for extra taunts and the ability to off-tank as well as more control.

1 Sniper/Gunslinger DPS - More or less a necessity for Huttball, Voidstar defense and Novare Coast as interrupters.

1 Mercenary/Commando DPS/Healer - Nice burst setup with Electro Net and have the ability to spec heals when needed.

I can probably get in touch with you sometime, but I'm short on time right now, so that'll have to be later.

Edited by AuroraAustralis

Thank you very much for the given pointers.

I'll advice my guild to start queuing for ranked ASAP then. We will most likely get our *****es handed to us a lot of times, but if it speeds up the process of gearing, it's something I am willing to go through.

Thanks for a starting set up. I think we can fill out most of those roles save for perhaps the gunslinger.

I'm going into holidays this Thursday (Starting with Tomorrowland, hollar if you're going!!) so I won't be playing myself until mid august, but I figured to get the ball running already as I can then organize it when I have internetz.

Again, thanks. Any more advice is always welcome :-) We have the basic strategies of each warzone imprinted already, but advanced strategies for each warzone are also most welcome.

Sorry to bump this again.

Would it be possible that when I get back from my upcoming holiday (12 August), I could join in a ranked warzone with a team? I have an Operative healer that is best geared atm and I have the means of Teamspeak, Raidcall and I can easily download any other chat program if needed.

This would be to educate me on the finesse of Ranked Warzones. PM if you might have a spot open.

Thanks in advance.

Either you have your own natural pvpers or you get some pvp players on their alts (nobody will go with you on mains to fail) or you get banged in lower back in a hard way.

Dialectics says that quantity will transform to quality, but I think after you get your lower back exploded with pain, your team will just get lowest moral possible and stop playing at all.

So if you do not have ppl with pvp experience (may be from other mmos), your best bet to get someone good on alts just to not get ripped apart from get go.

Either you have your own natural pvpers or you get some pvp players on their alts (nobody will go with you on mains to fail) or you get banged in lower back in a hard way.

Dialectics says that quantity will transform to quality, but I think after you get your lower back exploded with pain, your team will just get lowest moral possible and stop playing at all.

So if you do not have ppl with pvp experience (may be from other mmos), your best bet to get someone good on alts just to not get ripped apart from get go.

Is that a hand you're reaching out? :p

I understand that nobody wants to mess up their win/loss ratio by carrying some carebears. I have some experience in warzones, but these are all from PUG matches. I guess I could keep myself alive long enough when focused, but I'm not an expert in anything.

So a new call, if you have a 55 alt that you wish to gear or play RWZ's with, please PM me so we can arrange some dates to team up :-p

And off course, Any strategic tips are always welcome ^_^ I'm such a nuissance. :p

First of all you should watch some streams to get into rwz.

If you just team up and queue it will be a total massacre, so be sure to have a vague idea of your setup etc.

Two pretty active streams to start with:

http://www.twitch.tv/nanoxswz

http://www.twitch.tv/blueseale

I'll be sure to check them out. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos. But they usually are a showcase to one class. Maybe streams are more informative on general tactics.

Something to watch while on holidays :p