[Petition] Change the "Queue Solo" button.

Doomsdaycomes

As the title reads, I'm creating this petition to change the "Queue Solo" button. It's new designation will be:

"Queue Self"

The above name is much more indicative of what the button does, which literally reads "To take place in a line unaccompanied."

It is more fitting to go along side it's counter-part "Queue Group" which reads as "To take place in a line accompanied by others."

I feel this would help players understand what each button does, and not have unrealistic expectations or misconceptions as to what type of Warzones they have entered.

I feel this would help players understand what each button does, and not have unrealistic expectations or misconceptions as to what type of Warzones they have entered.

imo, you think far too much of the American English Language Arts education if you think normalizing the structure of the phrases is going to have any impact on their interpretation by the general populace. I guarantee that the vast majority who read your change do not understand the underlying structure (verb + adverb vs. verb + object), and it does not affect meaning anyway. it does make the buttons more symmetrical/parallel.

for those who don't know and care to know, queue group is verb + object, i.e., doing <something> with an object. queue solo is verb + adverb, i.e., a way in which something is done. changing queue solo to queue self parallels the construction of queue group (both are verb + object). I like the symmetry, but as I said, completely lost on the majority of Americans. I get classes full of valedictorians and salutatorians every semester, and they do not yet grasp these concepts.

I don't think anyone who complains about premades vs solo is confused by the wording of the button, nor do I believe changing the wording on the button would cut down on such complaints.

no. there are ppl who insist that "queue solo" means 'choose to que with solo players." it's in the monster thread somewhere. I didn't comment on it. was kinda sad and counterproductive imo.

I'm confident that they're a minority though.

Dooms,

I do have to rate you on this.

Its smells of troll, but its actually truly needed...

Even though like Jades labels better ill give you some bonus damage..

I rate this:

15/10

:D

Edited by L-RANDLE

Considering I tend to see this kind of post three or four times a week:

Gah! This is ********, when I solo join I expect to fight other solo joins, not this *********** pugfarm crap.

I felt it was a minor quality of life improvement. Kind of hard to say "When I self join."

Dooms,

I do have to rate you on this.

Its smells of troll, but its actually truly needed...

Even though like Jades labels better ill give you some bonus damage..

I rate this:

15/10

Why thank you.

Not trolling. While I myself doubt the power of petitions (considering BW is not a democracy) this is actually on my list of PvP quality of life changes I would implement.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

How many forum trolls afraid solo only wz queue... :rolleyes:

Cowars feel what nobody will playing in common queue vs their premades cuz all will be play in solo queue... :D

Does this petition say anything about the solo-only queue debate you speak of? No, this is a simple quality of life change to help newcomers better understand the PvP queue system.

:D So sign it or go back to trolling that one thread.

You guys waste a ton of time on this one topic. Why are you all so fascinated by this?

Well English is my first and only language, but I don't think I spend too much time on it. My grammar can't be that great. Though I am a fan of writing poetry. Usually something dark and grim, but with a rhyming scheme of some sort. Occasionally I'll reference Edgar Allen Poe, preferably the tell-tale heart.

:confused: Wait, what topic are we talking about?

:confused: Wait, what topic are we talking about?

As funny as that was .... all these posts and threads about a solo queue and premades ruining solo queues.

You guys are littering these threads with senseless and useless opinions. Neither side convinces the other. Move on and post something productive.

As funny as that was .... all these posts and threads about a solo queue and premades ruining solo queues.

You guys are littering these threads with senseless and useless opinions. Neither side convinces the other. Move on and post something productive.

can you please post this in every one of those threads?

But no, seriously. Really has little to do with that and a lot to do with altering a poorly worded queue system that gives people misconceptions. As far as premade vs. pug is concerned, my thoughts and opinions are in that thread.

:p My other quality of life suggestions are also regardless of that conversation. Things like match type showing on the queue pop, Backfill not filling players into a game they left, fixing the focus target bug. Someone also mentioned color coding or making the different doors/nodes distinguishable, like civil war has grass/snow.

I think my final thing would be an aggressive in game education program on how each program works, and how to maximize your pvp time (like saving ranked comms at 40, picking up crafting skills, legacy gearing, and using alts to supply your main medpaks.).

Queue Solo is fine. It makes perfect sense.

Queue Self sounds ignorant to me. There is a growing trend in American pop culture of a total overuse and misuse of 'myself' and anything that encourages more of this language abuse must be resisted. ("To myself, it is wrong.")

Really tired of seeing everything in society lowered to most ignorant level. Some people misunderstand? That's ok, let them learn. Then they can better themselves a little bit.

Edited by CoLatrLdamage

So, the only problem is that stupid pugs don't understand what the button says, and you think that their complaints are due to their inability grasp the meaning of the words "Queue Solo", and because of that they have a false set of expectations when entering a match. Unfortunately, the real problem is that you have people like this (see below), who oppose having a separate queue for solo players, and those players will go to just about any length to keep BioWare from making any change that might lead to them having to play against other premades more often that they currently do.

... I'm a roleplayer and a PvP'er. I run in premades all the time as well, both ranked and unranked, and I win a good percent of my matches. I also fight (and sometimes get owned) by enemy premades...