I see that speed hacking is back in PvP then >:(

monkeydud

I rememberlast year there was an issue in Huttball where Sentinels and Marauders were jumping ridiculous distances with Force Leap. Well after playing Voidstar last night I have seen that this is back with a vengeance.

There was a level 23 marauder whom I noticed was moving at ridiculous speeds. Rather than the normal running animation he was floating above the ground in what was roughly the `on a speeder` position. He also seemed to permenantly have the white `speed blur` behind him that you get temporarily when picking up a WZ booster.

Watching him move about from a distance he almost seemed to be teleporting he was moving so fast.. Adding insult to injury he was Force Leaping roughly 2/3 times further than you should feasibly be able to.

I play WZs at least 2/3 times per day so I know what everyones rough running speed/boosted speed is and this guty stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb.

I'm all up for a good match and dont mind losing but this is just ridiculous.

Has anyone else noticed this recently and If so have you raised a ticket ?

Edited by monkeydud

Are you sure if wasn't just a scoundrel/operative? Because they can also do this, but it is intended and "balanced".

Nothing is balanced in this game =) only certain classes but bolster is a good way to cover it up.

Now to actually contribute to this thread. There may be a serious chain of lag events here. Depends on where in Huttball he was, because he may have just grabbed the speed boost you mentioned. The motion of looking like being on a speeder is one even I've been stuck in before and seen it tons in PvP. You can still you your move but until you you use an ability that greatly moves you (like Jump or Crouch) you'll be stick in this animation. The third thing is that you may have lagged and he may have Force Jumped>Obliterate, making two jumps essentially, and it's a move attainable by lvl 21 at the earliest.

EDIT: You said Voidstar. There is still a speed boost in Voidstar, between the two bridges.

Edited by stupidsyrup

*You're* dumb.. lol

Long story short for this thread. ^^^ this is hilarious first off.

Second. What the op saw could have been:

WZ speed boost

predation/trancendance

normal combat/carnage 15% speed increase

lag on your part

or a speed hack

But its 80%+ likely not a speed hack especially being a mara/sent

Are you sure if wasn't just a scoundrel/operative? Because they can also do this, but it is intended and "balanced".

That is a load of ****. Scamper is reasonably balanced considering the only defense the class has is mobility. It cost a **** ton of energy to do it. If anything is over powered it's Gunslinger's High Tail. It goes much further and on the top ledges of huttball they can roll over the edge into the goal. A Scoundrel cannot avoid that last fire pit by rolling, unlike Gunslinger. There is also a bug with the rolling abilities where you can jump up into the air during a roll. This is an exploit with Scatter Bombs. Blame High Tail not Scamper.

You mad a Scoundrel can run from you? So what? They aren't contributing anything to the team if they are busy hiding and running around all the time.

That is a load of ****. Scamper is reasonably balanced considering the only defense the class has is mobility. It cost a **** ton of energy to do it. If anything is over powered it's Gunslinger's High Tail. It goes much further and on the top ledges of huttball they can roll over the edge into the goal. A Scoundrel cannot avoid that last fire pit by rolling, unlike Gunslinger. There is also a bug with the rolling abilities where you can jump up into the air during a roll. This is an exploit with Scatter Bombs. Blame High Tail not Scamper.

You mad a Scoundrel can run from you? So what? They aren't contributing anything to the team if they are busy hiding and running around all the time.

U mad bro? At least Sniper/Slinger roll has a CD, and the bomb thing isn't an exploit, it's a glitch. Call a spade a spade.

Scamper does not cost a **** ton of energy, especially for Scrappers. 21 energy>walk 3 steps>full energy again.

U mad bro? At least Sniper/Slinger roll has a CD, and the bomb thing isn't an exploit, it's a glitch. Call a spade a spade.

Scamper does not cost a **** ton of energy, especially for Scrappers. 21 energy>walk 3 steps>full energy again.

21 energy is a lot of energy to waste for a melee DPS spec. Scrapper has arguably the worse defense and survivability in the game. It's a necessary ability. Exploit and glitch are the same thing. The only difference is an exploit is a glitch that is abused for personal gain.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

Are you freaking kidding me?!? I only have a lvl 21 Marauder. But I never see anyone pop Predation/Transcendance under lvl 45.

Unless he was an Anni Mara or decided to grab the extra Centering/Fury talent outside his tree early it's kind of tough to come by 30 stacks when you are so low. Carnage/Combat get the talent to build it while using OOC heal at like 40-42. They also don't get Valorous Call/Imp equivalent until 50 so only lvl 42 (it's available at 41 maxed at 42) Combat/Carnage can have it ready out of the gate before that.

21 energy is a lot of energy to waste for a melee DPS spec. Scrapper has arguably the worse defense and survivability in the game. It's a necessary ability. Exploit and glitch are the same thing. The only difference is an exploit is a glitch that is abused for personal gain.

It is an emergency ability, not a necessary ability. Talk to any pre-2.0 Scoundrel and they'll tell you they made out just fine without it.

If exploit and glitch is the same thing, how can there be a difference? You just contradicted yourself my friend.

A glitch like the Sniper/GS Hight Tail it ability when used to drop the bombs in one place is a glitch till it becomes repeatable with ease, then it crosses over into Exploit Territory. Using a Glitch to gain and advantage of any kind is an exploit.

P.S. I should point out that when the above mentioned glitch is used its called "wall banging". Its such a popular exploit now ( IE used so much ) its even got its own name LOL. Its kind of easy to set up a wall bang too apparently especialy if you have 2 people coordinating it over VoiP Chat.

1. Vanguard/PT or Shadow/Sin says to GS/Sniper "Hey bud found the healer go set up for a wall bag!" They then position themselves to Pull and stun the Healer ( or any target for that matter ) onto the Slinger/Snipe and execute the wall bang and kill the healer in a mostly 1 shot move.

2. Same as 1 but with Jug/Guard instead of pulling they can just force push>charge to root and Force Choke/Stasis the target in place while the target takes damage from the Bombs.

Edited by Keese

Unless he was an Anni Mara or decided to grab the extra Centering/Fury talent outside his tree early it's kind of tough to come by 30 stacks when you are so low. Carnage/Combat get the talent to build it while using OOC heal at like 40-42. They also don't get Valorous Call/Imp equivalent until 50 so only lvl 42 (it's available at 41 maxed at 42) Combat/Carnage can have it ready out of the gate before that.

Thank you for showing me that btw.

And I'm not talking about out the gate. I mean, NEVER seen it popped at any time below level 45.

Thank you for showing me that btw.

And I'm not talking about out the gate. I mean, NEVER seen it popped at any time below level 45.

I get it. I thought for the longest time Sages had to spec into the pull because they never used it in HB. Meanwhile Sorcs were pulling people clear across the map. I would always wonder why Sages never specced for the pull in HB.

I get it. I thought for the longest time Sages had to spec into the pull because they never used it in HB. Meanwhile Sorcs were pulling people clear across the map. I would always wonder why Sages never specced for the pull in HB.

Oh I know! I always thought it was healers that got it. Then I rolled a DPS Sage and got it at 49.