Would you pay the extra price for a class specific expansion

Greenify

It would most likely include something that would make one who doesn't buy it inferior to those that do, such as a level cap increase, so I guess I'd have no choice.

This...

Although if it didn't... NO F'N WAY. Like... no. Nu-uh. This is an MMO. I want more MMO-type of content and way less single-player content.

:rolleyes:

This...

Although if it didn't... NO F'N WAY. Like... no. Nu-uh. This is an MMO. I want more MMO-type of content and way less single-player content.

:rolleyes:

But the story is where (IMO) this game excels, in terms of MMOs if this game didn't have this ip then it is not exceptional. (Hey it's good for a 2 year old mmo though)

If by "normal" price you mean around $30, definitely not. For that price I'd expect to get a new chapter with two or three new planets for all classes (the original game was about twice that and included prologue plus three chapters across a total of 14 planets). $5 would be more fair for a single-class expansion; that'd put the combined price for all classes at $40. I detest the idea though, since it would put the classes on an inequal footing until the rest are released.

I dislike the idea. What I would pay standard mmo expansion price for is a new Chapter for all classes, including new planets, new fps, new ops, etc, etc. Story only? I don't see it.

I didn't mean you get just the expansion, content of the same scale as ROTHC would be available

e.g 5 new levels, one new op etc.

But the story is where (IMO) this game excels, in terms of MMOs if this game didn't have this ip then it is not exceptional. (Hey it's good for a 2 year old mmo though)

It's your opinion, but it certainly holds a lot of weight since many players would agree with you. However, I disagree, and it's because a majority of the story is very bland. I believe it's the cinematics that are supposed to improve the quality of the Story, but I could care less about that, too.

I guess we can agree to disagree, then. :p

If we're talking specific class stories worth of RTHC - which is basically the entire vanila TOR as there are like 3 class quests per planet then yes. 8xRTHC I'd pay for. Gladly. Story is about the only thing the game did right, more of it the better.

If it'd be a planet story plus 3 class quests sprinkled on top... probably not.

As a story driven mmo I would love to have class specific story lines, its what makes playibg through the earlier content so enjoyable, I can skip the generic everyone mission and just enjoy the class specific ones. I really hope the next big expansion has class specific things to do.