Disappointed Really....

aaronkelly

"well i'm done on this thread, wont be posting here again, learnt my lesson, bye trolls."

Honestly dude...whilst some posters may be sarcastic, some ultra logical and some just a bit blunt, they are all decent community members :)

The only person who has been trolling you *abandoned the thread* earlier on...if that person hadn't hijacked your thread for their own agenda back on page 1 things would have been a lot smoother :)

Driz

Forum police, oh no, now changing my mind is against forum policy?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was not referring to you for abandoning the thread, he meant someone else with that :rolleyes:

Edited by leene

Sorry, I don't understand?

What have you changed your mind about? I was simply pointing out that most of the responses you received were good natured enough, even if they sounded harsh and that there was only one person really trolling you...

Driz

Sorry, I don't understand?

What have you changed your mind about? I was simply pointing out that most of the responses you received were good natured enough, even if they sounded harsh and that there was only one person really trolling you...

Driz

He thought you were calling him a hypocrite for him abandoning his own thread and then coming back. You didn't mean him with that statement though. It was a misunderstanding.

you say a decent community? it took 5 minutes to get like 10 non supportive comments verging on insults, I think me and you have different ideas on a good community.

No one was insulting you, though. A certain poster instead implied that people were insulting you because they were the only one being insulted.

You were in the free and clear. She just tricked you into lumping yourself with her.

you say a decent community? it took 5 minutes to get like 10 non supportive comments verging on insults, I think me and you have different ideas on a good community.

Ok..look I was just trying to say that if a certain someone hadn't hijacked your thread for their own agenda on page 1, it would almost certainly not have turned out as hostile as you obviously felt it to be...sorry, I was actually trying to say something positive ;)

Driz

It's not about showing off, it's about getting a rare item that makes you unique to others.

But, again, you know, or should know, that MMOs change all the time. And they are not run for your benefit, they are run for the company's.

To reiterate, a computer game is not the place to seek what you need to feel good about yourself.

That's what discussion forums for said computer games are for. :D

Works for me, by gum.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I managed to pick up the double bladed one for 10 and the single bladed one for 45k last night.

I don't really like the effect now that i have one equipped on character. Somehow the only image that comes to mind is my lightsaber grew a beard. The hit is awesome on them though.

Probably more fortunately i picked up one the old volatile sabers for 900k on friday. The price of these on my server has shot up to 2 million since the pack cooldowns have started.. probably because these new models are so average.

no i'm not upset, think i'll still get a goodnight sleep, just didn't understand the idea of uncommon and rare sharing the same effect, if you spend 1.5 million on a rare lightsaber that looks sweet then someone buys one for 70k just different name I would personally be pi**ed, but thats just me.

The cookie.. that's how she crumbles.

What you are experiencing is "early adopter syndrome".

What has changed is that the original ones were rare, and everyone just had to have one NAO to impress their friends and strangers in game. Fast forward 6 months... and there is a range very nice sabers with particle effects to chose from and they are months past being "gotta have" OR "rare"

Even though I had the personal wealth in game to spend 1M credits on a Tythonian or a Zoist... I never did. I picked up a Tythonian for 50K and I never bothered with a Zoist. I guess the guys who paid 1M+ for their Tythonians should be pissed.. eh?

I bought a pair of the Volatile Derelict Sabers for 25K each today. They are not grape colored, and they are not super rare... but they are in fact superior in a number of ways IMO. Lower cost to unlock in Collections, and personally I like the hilt better.

Edited by Andryah

It's not about showing off, it's about getting a rare item that makes you unique to others.

Doesn't the item have to actually be "unique" or "extremely rare" to achieve this? None of the sabers qualify, not even the original CM sabers.

No.. I think you are feeling gipped due to the price differences my friend.

There's nothing wrong with wanting it. But no one else cares. So someone doing that is essentially doing it to impress him- or herself. A computer game is not the place to seek, much less find, feelings of self-worth.

The fail here is actually with your comment. Sorry, but you're a failure with this comment. Seriously, HUGE OMGWTF FAILURE!

Because a player seeks to be unique (which in this case, means, just not commonly seen, as no item in an MMO I've played was exclusive to one player) means they're looking for self-worth.

It means, they were seeking just that, making their character more unique.

Now, we all know there is no such thing as a special unique snowflake (though I'm sure many of the posters here like to still believe that myth), but does not mean one can't try to have something not seen as often.

To the OP, my suggestion for a more unique look is the gear itself, not the lightsabers.

Seriously, I know I notice the different look of pistols more than the different look of lightsabers in TOR.

If you pay attention to the outfits around you though, you'll likely beable to figure out a more unique look (step 1) avoid slave/dancer bikini) and with the help of dye pack, have a very unique look.

More so if you change it up a bit with, for instance, using one dye pack in your chest piece, and a different one in your bracers and/or gloves.

I got a new idea to earn money for these type of people .

pay 150k CC and get one of the three server only items !

that solves the dissapointment .

and trust me they will sell only 3 per server , just for those who want to be a showoff ;)

not tempting enough ad extra +30 stats to it , now it definetly will sell ;)

just problem is people are so easily dissillusioned they can't be 1 of the 3 server exclusief :p

Doesn't the item have to actually be "unique" or "extremely rare" to achieve this? None of the sabers qualify, not even the original CM sabers.

No.. I think you are feeling gipped due to the price differences my friend.

wrong yet again, there is nothing wrong with wanting to have items that no one else has or very few people do, it the way I want to play, what gives you the right and all the others on my thread to make judgement, all I was saying is that it's pointless of a very rare lightsaber to have the same effect as a uncommon one, what is it you people don't understand? I wanted the rare lightsaber and i finally got it, it was unique, looks good and suits who my character is, it has nothing to do with money or anything, the point is, on looks, that they have given a cheap lightsaber the same effect as a rare one, end of.

And to further add, I really couldn't give a toss to be honest what a lot of you think, i was just saying how I felt, maybe when most of you grow up and become adults your understand the meaning of opinions, maybe your be able to teach that to your children and your childrens children, sad that such a meaningless thread could become so judgemental boarding or insulting, but there has been some decent replies here which i appreciate, thankyou.

And to further add, I really couldn't give a toss to be honest what a lot of you think.

This sentence got obsolete the moment you created this thread.

You wouldn't have written stuff down if you didn't care about other ppl's opinions.

You just didn't happen to receieve the replies you wanted to receive.

Can't help you on the subject apart from what I wrote earlier on, sorry :( .

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

And to further add, I really couldn't give a toss to be honest what a lot of you think, i was just saying how I felt, maybe when most of you grow up and become adults your understand the meaning of opinions, maybe your be able to teach that to your children and your childrens children, sad that such a meaningless thread could become so judgemental boarding or insulting, but there has been some decent replies here which i appreciate, thankyou.

when you grow up and learn to leave all material gain behind , all your selfishe attitude and farce of a opnion behind.

Based on nothing but pittyfull emotions .

then you can consider yourself in the position to give advice to people , are allowed to use the word mature K

till then this can remind you how childishe and idiotic you have been !

For the rest of your natural lifespan .

No emoticons .

wrong yet again, there is nothing wrong with wanting to have items that no one else has or very few people do, it the way I want to play, what gives you the right and all the others on my thread to make judgement, all I was saying is that it's pointless of a very rare lightsaber to have the same effect as a uncommon one, what is it you people don't understand? I wanted the rare lightsaber and i finally got it, it was unique, looks good and suits who my character is, it has nothing to do with money or anything, the point is, on looks, that they have given a cheap lightsaber the same effect as a rare one, end of.

Wow you still on the defensive just because no one piled in to support your point of view? Ok....so you have a "special" saber which has the same effect as a cheap one...and this makes you feel less special....and it lessens your achievement...we get it...most disagree...get over it....looking to be unique in a game where 200k people likely have access to the same gear and set up is an exercise in futility imo...if you wanna be different why are you even buying CM stuff??? Its everywhere and common as muck :) this is the last thing someone wishing to be unique would buy......i dont buy it....i think you are just butt hurt over the price and the fact less special scrubs got your uber elitist rare saber affect...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Personally speaking, I dont see what the big deal is about having rare items and showing them off. I mean, surely it doesn't matter how rare your aesthetic gear is, its more important that you are wearing the gear that you like. So what if some people have a similar lightsaber effect? If you are enjoying what your character looks like, why should it matter if some players have similar aspects of gear to you. Were you using it just because it was unique and rare? There seem to be some players who will ware gear that they thing is ghastly beyond believe, just because they are rare. I just dont understand that way of thinking. I think the chance to customize are characters in such a way is great and creativity should be encouraged to all players, but such creativity should not be happened by the idea that you should ware something rare just for the sake of it. This is your character, in the end you should dress them as you like it, and not based on the opinions of others.

I should point out that I also was lucky enough to find a Tyhonian Force-Master Lightsaber in a CM pack, and I use it on my Jedi Guardian and Sith Marauder. I dont care if players have similar effects on their lightsabers, I think they look great on my characters and that's the most important thing I feel! :)

Edited by Cyberwoman

This sentence got obsolete the moment you created this thread.

You wouldn't have written stuff down if you didn't care about other ppl's opinions.

You just didn't happen to receieve the replies you wanted to receive.

Can't help you on the subject apart from what I wrote earlier on, sorry :( .

well not really, if I do or write something and it gets to the point where I don't care, well guess what, I don't care, so what you have written there is rubbish, sorry mate, but as with everybody in life it gets to a point where "you don't give a toss" nice try mate.

Personally speaking, I dont see what the big deal is about having rare items and showing them off. I mean, surely it doesn't matter how rare your aesthetic gear is, its more important that you are wearing the gear that you like. So what if some people have a similar lightsaber effect? If you are enjoying what your character looks like, why should it matter if some players have similar aspects of gear to you. Were you using it just because it was unique and rare? There seem to be some players who will ware gear that they thing is ghastly beyond believe, just because they are rare. I just dont understand that way of thinking. I think the chance to customize are characters in such a way is great and creativity should be encouraged to all players, but such creativity should not be happened by the idea that you should ware something rare just for the sake of it. This is your character, in the end you should dress them as you like it, and not based on the opinions of others.

I should point out that I also was lucky enough to find a Tyhonian Force-Master Lightsaber in a CM pack, and I use it on my Jedi Guardian and Sith Marauder. I dont care if players have similar effects on their lightsabers, I think they look great on my characters and that's the most important thing I feel! :)

everything you said was wrong until the last part "that's the most important thing I feel! :)

Wow you still on the defensive just because no one piled in to support your point of view? Ok....so you have a "special" saber which has the same effect as a cheap one...and this makes you feel less special....and it lessens your achievement...we get it...most disagree...get over it....looking to be unique in a game where 200k people likely have access to the same gear and set up is an exercise in futility imo...if you wanna be different why are you even buying CM stuff??? Its everywhere and common as muck :) this is the last thing someone wishing to be unique would buy......i dont buy it....i think you are just butt hurt over the price and the fact less special scrubs got your uber elitist rare saber affect...

Driz

Oh dear, you still don't get it do you.... we should meet up where I can draw you a picture, diagram or whatever, anyway it's nothing about feeling special, no one even written anything about being special??? my point is, and i may aswell repeat this to you again, the reason i'm repeating is because I want to give you a chance to understand *pat *pat

I don't understand (are you with me?) why a rare weapon has the same effect as a uncommon weapon (with me?) when I (thats me) bought loads of boxes (my money, my choice) to get a saber that has a beautiful look (in my view) should have the same effect (that means the same effect) as an uncommon (thats not so common) as a rare saber, I (again thats me) wanted to get a a unique saber thats hard to find AND that not many people have because THATS what I like, it's not about how much it costs or whatever it was about trying to have something different from everybody else (other people) because thats what I like to do on a personal note (are you getting this yet?) I don't care about the hilt, the name or anything like that I like to have things that are hard to get and look good from MY opinion,

Why is it so difficult for you and most of the other people in here to understand this? do they not teach you basic of socialization at school?

This thread isn't about what I do, or what I spend, it's about the fact that a rare weapon looks the same almost as a uncommon weapon, ***k me! it's like being in court!

well not really, if I do or write something and it gets to the point where I don't care, well guess what, I don't care, so what you have written there is rubbish, sorry mate, but as with everybody in life it gets to a point where "you don't give a toss" nice try mate.

Now you're just trolling.

I don't understand (are you with me?) why a rare weapon has the same effect as a uncommon weapon (with me?) when I (thats me) bought loads of boxes (my money, my choice) to get a saber that has a beautiful look (in my view) should have the same effect (that means the same effect) as an uncommon (thats not so common) as a rare saber, I (again thats me) wanted to get a a unique saber thats hard to find AND that not many people have because THATS what I like, it's not about how much it costs or whatever it was about trying to have something different from everybody else (other people) because thats what I like to do on a personal note (are you getting this yet?) I don't care about the hilt, the name or anything like that I like to have things that are hard to get and look good from MY opinion,

And the answer is, are you with me so far?, things change in MMOs, so too bad, so sad, deal with it. The game does not exist to serve your ego, nor do you have any kind of vested interest (other than the one you emotionally inflict upon yourself) in "item rareness."

Why is that so hard to understand?

Edited by branmakmuffin