Disappointed Really....

aaronkelly

So the new Derelict Lightsabers has hit the Markets, you can pick them up for 70k maybe less and they are uncommon, not rare, have the beautiful effect of gas bubbles at the hilt, well what I find very disappointing is that I opened lots of packs some months ago to get the awsome Tyhonian Force-Master Lightsaber that was the only one to have that effect at the time, very hard to get and very costly to buy as I managed to get 2 after opening 50 or so boxes, I also have the Ziost Guardian lightsaber that has the nice lightning effect at the hilt, Now what I find disappointing is that if you raid endgame or buy cartel packs and get these rare items it's a job well done it gives you that nice unique feel which everyone looks for no matter who you are, if you have the time and no money you can raid for rare items or if you have the money or no time you can buy them, I just don't like the fact that my Tyhonian is pretty much useless now as it doesn't have that unique feel to it anymore so I have changed to my Ziost, this does seem petty I know, but what was the point of all that hard work in game or out to get the Tyhonian when bioware have decided to take that away with the crappy uncommon Derelict, I'm sure there's people out there in the same boat as me,

Anyway, I apologise if this seems over the top, I just don't understand the concept of it, I have never needed to post before so this is my first here.

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still have the original Tythonian. When people inspect your gear they're gonna see that and know you have the rarer one.

Plus, you had fun while playing the game, right? To get the gear that fitted your role play character best? Don't tell me you opened fifty boxes just so you could show off?

Personally I hate those lightsaber effect sabers. It started off as minor little visual effects now they shoot out colors and vibrate and pulse...it looks rediculous.

But this is just me, I'm more of a traditionalist, a classic look is what I look for when choosing orange gear.

You still have the original Tythonian. When people inspect your gear they're gonna see that and know you have the rarer one.

Plus, you had fun while playing the game, right? To get the gear that fitted your role play character best? Don't tell me you opened fifty boxes just so you could show off?

Whats wrong with showing off or trying to be unique?

So the new Derelict Lightsabers has hit the Markets, you can pick them up for 70k maybe less and they are uncommon, not rare, have the beautiful effect of gas bubbles at the hilt, well what I find very disappointing is that I opened lots of packs some months ago to get the awsome Tyhonian Force-Master Lightsaber that was the only one to have that effect at the time, very hard to get and very costly to buy as I managed to get 2 after opening 50 or so boxes, I also have the Ziost Guardian lightsaber that has the nice lightning effect at the hilt, Now what I find disappointing is that if you raid endgame or buy cartel packs and get these rare items it's a job well done it gives you that nice unique feel which everyone looks for no matter who you are, if you have the time and no money you can raid for rare items or if you have the money or no time you can buy them, I just don't like the fact that my Tyhonian is pretty much useless now as it doesn't have that unique feel to it anymore so I have changed to my Ziost, this does seem petty I know, but what was the point of all that hard work in game or out to get the Tyhonian when bioware have decided to take that away with the crappy uncommon Derelict, I'm sure there's people out there in the same boat as me,

Anyway, I apologise if this seems over the top, I just don't understand the concept of it, I have never needed to post before so this is my first here.

Cheers

Since you got both tythonian and ziost, in your case the " uniquest " saber right now happen to be the grey helix one.. earned by grinding stuff at gree event, 18 comms and champion status..

Can't expect to be unique on an item released in packs, acquirable with both credits and coins.. :(

Welcome to life I guess.

Anything that was ever special eventually got copied.

You still have the original so you have that going for you. But as with anything cool, copies or similar items will be made.

Personally I hate those lightsaber effect sabers. It started off as minor little visual effects now they shoot out colors and vibrate and pulse...it looks rediculous.

But this is just me, I'm more of a traditionalist, a classic look is what I look for when choosing orange gear.

I heard the next version of derelict sabers will have a huge double rainbow effect with unicorns flying over them when you ignite the saber.

I agree. The effects need to be more subtle.

OP, if you thought your lightsaber would be forever and always the only one with "bubbles," you were rather naive.

Plus, it's a game, deal with it. And as also noted, you had it when most others did not. So you got your money's worth.

And, first world problem.

Whats wrong with showing off or trying to be unique?

There's nothing wrong with wanting it. But no one else cares. So someone doing that is essentially doing it to impress him- or herself. A computer game is not the place to seek, much less find, feelings of self-worth.

Edited by branmakmuffin

In a world where lightsabers are built using the same basic materials, you are upset that two lightsabers have similar effects?

no i'm not upset, think i'll still get a goodnight sleep, just didn't understand the idea of uncommon and rare sharing the same effect, if you spend 1.5 million on a rare lightsaber that looks sweet then someone buys one for 70k just different name I would personally be pi**ed, but thats just me.

I was surprised when the new volatile derelict sabers had the same effect as the Tythonian. Hadn't expected it.

I actually like that they did this. I have the Tythonian on my knight. I used it for a while and I really like the blade effect (especially with a blue, silver-blue, cyan, or mint-green crystal).. The thing is I didn't like the hilt. Too small, too frail, too exposed. In time I stopped using it in favor of a nice hilt from a Balmorra quest that looks like it has some wood on it. At present, for my tank set I have the regular derelict saber, I'm eager to get one of the new volatile versions for the additional saber effect.

I do wish they'd make the system more complex. Have a separate slot for stat crystal and color crystal, and have the effects be bound to one of those crystals. Too many nice effects are bound to hilts that I don't like

Yup...

:(

Awww Jurgens, no one hates you because you want to be special.

People hate you because you love PVP and you're kind of a jerk about it.

/backpat

Now, how 'bout some ice cream, buddy? Would you like that? No?

How about some McDonalds? You want to get some McDonalds? No?

Wanna pwn some n00bs? Yes? Okay, let's go pwn some n00bs.

no i'm not upset, think i'll still get a goodnight sleep, just didn't understand the idea of uncommon and rare sharing the same effect, if you spend 1.5 million on a rare lightsaber that looks sweet then someone buys one for 70k just different name I would personally be pi**ed, but thats just me.

Uncommon and rare mean the same thing.

But they're not the same. They share the same effect, but they are different hilts. What if someone likes one hilt but not the other. The blade effect is not the only defining feature of a lightsaber hilt.

Awww Jurgens, no one hates you because you want to be special.

People hate you because you love PVP and you're kind of a jerk about it.

/backpat

Now, how 'bout some ice cream, buddy? Would you like that? No?

How about some McDonalds? You want to get some McDonalds? No?

Wanna pwn some n00bs? Yes? Okay, let's go pwn some n00bs.

I'm secretly getting paid by Blizzard to be a jerk about it!

:rak_03:

It's not about showing off, it's about getting a rare item that makes you unique to others.

...I do wish they'd make the system more complex. Have a separate slot for stat crystal and color crystal, and have the effects be bound to one of those crystals. Too many nice effects are bound to hilts that I don't like

Great idea. Would be nice if they also extended it into sounds as well. There are a lot of great saber ignition and blaster firing sounds that are great, but are used on not so great looking weapons.

Then do not go into a Sam's Club or Costco.

Your head will explode from seeing all that knock off stuff that's just as good as the Brand name.

:eek:

In all seriousness, this happens. I've been collecting Magic: The Gathering cards for years and we see this all the time there. Cards get re-releases all the time that decrease the value of cards already in print. This -the Tythonian versus the Volatile Derelict - is more like a functional reprint: the effect is the same, but the name and the hilt and the rarity are different. That is not a bad thing. The reason why the Tythonian was so expensive in the first place was because it was very rare. And you know, it still is.

Another example. I expected the Satele and Malgus statues to plummett in value after the release of ROTHC because every player would have a portable trainer now, right? Instead, the price went up because new players see the Hutt statues and want one too, but it was a one time thing and it actually increased demand for the other two. The fact that the packs they were from are now embargoed also helped of course. Point being, if I were you I would value my Tythonian MORE now that the Volatile is released. Certainly not less.

Edited by ghoul_drool

well i'm done on this thread, wont be posting here again, learnt my lesson, bye trolls.

I wouldnt consider it trolling.. just the cold hard truth, if you're looking to be "unique" i suggest messing with dyes IMO.. thats as far as you're going to get.. all cartel items hit the market fast.

edited.

"well i'm done on this thread, wont be posting here again, learnt my lesson, bye trolls."

Honestly dude...whilst some posters may be sarcastic, some ultra logical and some just a bit blunt, they are all decent community members :)

The only person who has been trolling you *abandoned the thread* earlier on...if that person hadn't hijacked your thread for their own agenda back on page 1 things would have been a lot smoother :)

Driz

In all seriousness, this happens. I've been collecting Magic: The Gathering cards for years and we see this all the time there. Cards get re-releases all the time that decrease the value of cards already in print. This -the Tythonian versus the Volatile Derelict - is more like a functional reprint: the effect is the same, but the name and the hilt and the rarity are different. That is not a bad thing. The reason why the Tythonian was so expensive in the first place was because it was very rare. And you know, it still is.

Another example. I expected the Satele and Malgus statues to plummett in value after the release of ROTHC because every player would have a portable trainer now, right? Instead, the price went up because new players see the Hutt statues and want one too, but it was a one time thing and it actually increased demand for the other two. The fact that the packs they were from are now embargoed also helped of course. Point being, if I were you I would value my Tythonian MORE now that the Volatile is released. Certainly not less.

Finally A response worth reading, i think the other people have completely missed the point.

Yes i suppose your right mate, still deep down you can't help feeling a little grim, but nevermind, I remember years ago when I use to collect and play magic the gathering, Black Lotus and Mox gems where the ones to get in beta hehe, good old days.