Returning PVP player....2 Questions??

Darknessinme

Just upfront, I love PVP. It is by far what keeps the game fresh and exciting for me. The matches can be frustrating at times when you get rolled and exhilarating when you roll a team. But, to be honest, the best matches are the ones you fight to the bitter end to win or lose. I do PVE Raid some and do HMFP’s as well. But PVP will always be my first love. But, since returning, I found that the WH gear for my healing Sage and Scoundrel are missing its expertise. I am guessing this is due to the gear change. So be it, time to re-gear my toon. But I do have 2 questions I hope you might help me with.

Questions:

1.With bolster, is it just better to grind the best PVE gear and have bolster adjust my expertise stats? Or, is it worth the grind to re-gear with expertise gear. I guess the question is which will make me more competitive in the WZ’s with this bolster system we have?

2.I have a Sage and a Scoundrel healer. Both were full WH gear. I enjoy them both, but which brings more to a WZ match?

Thank you in advance for you input! :D

P.S. What is a good PVP guild on the Shadowlands to try to join?

1) Yes on getting PVP gear. A matrix cube is probably the only piece without full expertise (it will only cost 1-2 with bolster on) depending on whether you want pve set bonuses or not.

2) Both are fine, play the one you like more/ are better at.

1) Yes on getting PVP gear. A matrix cube is probably the only piece without full expertise (it will only cost 1-2 with bolster on) depending on whether you want pve set bonuses or not.

2) Both are fine, play the one you like more/ are better at.

augments are pretty big now I think

Thank you both very much for your advise! Guess it is time to grind some on my Scoundrel. I love her survivability, mobility, stealth and healing. :D

1. I had elite WH, not just WH, so your milage may vary, but I found EWH (augmented) better than Partisan, and then Conq seems to be better than EWH. 'Course you have to get the Partisan to get to the Conq (for most things). Also, if you put on the WH stuff beware the relics. I believe BW never took the expertise off of those, so if you wear them in WZ it will mess up your bolster. But I'm not a numbers cruncher kind of person, so that was just based on a quick scan of the stats.

For Op vs. Sage I'm not qualified to have an opinion, sorry. :)

And I don't play on Shadowlands, so can't help you there either.

Just upfront, I love PVP. It is by far what keeps the game fresh and exciting for me. The matches can be frustrating at times when you get rolled and exhilarating when you roll a team. But, to be honest, the best matches are the ones you fight to the bitter end to win or lose. I do PVE Raid some and do HMFP’s as well. But PVP will always be my first love. But, since returning, I found that the WH gear for my healing Sage and Scoundrel are missing its expertise. I am guessing this is due to the gear change. So be it, time to re-gear my toon. But I do have 2 questions I hope you might help me with.

Questions:

1.With bolster, is it just better to grind the best PVE gear and have bolster adjust my expertise stats? Or, is it worth the grind to re-gear with expertise gear. I guess the question is which will make me more competitive in the WZ’s with this bolster system we have?

2.I have a Sage and a Scoundrel healer. Both were full WH gear. I enjoy them both, but which brings more to a WZ match?

Thank you in advance for you input! :D

P.S. What is a good PVP guild on the Shadowlands to try to join?

1. I haven't looked at WH or EWH in some time, but I believe it is inferior now, with the exception of weapons. "Best in slot" gear right now is full Conq, min/maxed to your liking, 1 proc relic, and one Matrix Shard relic, with WH (level 61) hilts / mod/enhancements in your weapon / offhand. The reason for the 61s in MH / OH is due to bolster bringing those up to the max level hilt in PvP. If you watch your max damage, you gain close to or more than 200 min / max damage when in a warzone with these on (for example I go from around 1450 outside of WZ to I think 1680 in WZ). Considering 2.2.2 just came out, and they have no plans to nerf Matrix shard or change how bolster affects 61 weapons (so far as we know), this will be your best bet. I think a fully min/maxed EWH set will trump a non min/max partisan, but min/max partisan is probably better, and full conq (even not 100% min/maxed) certainly is.

So to recap:

-Use your MH/OH from your WH set. It will be best in slot until Bioware fixes it, which will likely be a few months.

-Bring your Matrix Shard out of your cargo hold, or go make one if you don't have one.

-If you have Ranked Comms saved up, spend those on Conq Ear / Implants and a relic.. not sure which one for a scoundrel healer, power proc I guess? Do NOT buy partisan level ear / implants. You don't need the patisan level ones to get conq, so it is a straight up waste of comms.

-If you plan on PvPing a ton, and want to fully min max, then get partisan and immediately start upgrading to conq. If you just want partisan, then get partisan and min/max it. The difference is fairly negligible between full min/max part vs full min/max conq.

-When you have nothing else yo buy and you are bored, save up and buy conq weapon / offhand. Someday, they will be needed, but don't plan on it for a few months at least.

2. Sage's are not bad, but Scoundrel healer is by far the best healer, period. At this point, a scoundrel healer is next to impossible to kill unless you have 2-3 people on him. Roll, emergency heal, HOTS, shield probe, stuns, vanish / stealth, flash bangs, and better damage reduction than sages. Get a guard and you can expect to never die. Also, you will carry the huttball team by being able to get to the ball first / grab it, and roll to victory.

As for guilds on shadowlands? Look on the forums. All the good guilds moved to POT5 for real PvP. But, apparently there is ranked on shadowlands every night now since ID is no longer there to beat everyone up and steal their candy.

1. min max partisan first with conq relic and matrix cube

2. scoundrel is better, sage is more fun

Sage is better(dps)

Scoundrel is more fun (dps)

not arguing just pointing out if you do want to try doing dmg you've got a couple decent classes to do it on.