Does anyone suspect people are buying fewer gamble packs lately?

stockmks

Gotta object to that one tbf, so many copper crystals that are getting undercut at 60k per piece ( of course those happen to be the endurance ones ) imo i'm seeing more pack consumption.

Good enough, tastier and cheaper cherries to cherry pick from the GTN tree :D

I looked at those also.. and actually didnt buy any as the collections UI costs was a turnoff.. ive already unlocked 4 color crystals for my legacy.. so any more for me i think will be using a super awesome color.. sadly not copper.

Bought two one time just for gigs , then decided payoff is not worth the price !

Rather grind credits and buy what I want .. Then gamble on junk that has worst payrate then the lottery .

Yeah i think theres a massive amount of people (myself included) who feel this way. Thats why i thought the collections ui was a stroke of genius on biowares part.. they made money off gambling packs from people that don't like the idea of gambling! I've unlocked about a dozen items via the collections ui.. about to drop $6 on it as i just picked up a mount i wanted..

I do not mind paying to play my game but there is a limit I will pay in order to enjoy the game. So far the Cartel Market makes that limit for this game way more than it is worth. My subscription is all the amount that this game is currently worth in my eyes. Anything more than $15 a month is just a waste of money that can be better spent on something else or even another game. They have yet to make the game worth more that $15 an month in my eyes. :rolleyes:

Yeah i can understand how you feel that way. As a lateral.. try playing as preferred. I'm actually a preferred player, i just snuck in a sub to save on escrow and get some customization discounts. As a preferred player the cartel market is much less malicious.. you can easily go for a few months without paying, and if you're feeling like throwing bioware a tip there's always some new shiny to get... I think that's why bioware calls preferred players preferred.. less expectations with more changes of ad hoc spend :)

No, I think more players are just involving themselves in the price fixing, based on what the items are and how popular they are perceived to be.

There are a ton of Thana Vesh armor pieces on the GTN on Shadowlands, about as many as there are of the Matriarchal set. But the Matriarchal set goes for peanuts while Thana Vesh's stuff is ridiculously inflated. So, it's not rarity that is driving the prices any more, it's the perceived koolness of the item or set.

:cool:

Interesting idea. Though i did experience the contrary.. Under 1.5 million is "cheap" for the troublemaker upper on my server.. i bought one at a very low price the other day.. put it on for 1.1 and it sold before the listing expired. People are buying these items at these prices.. While you may be correct to a degree.. if people were just seeing the high number and everyone pricing it there.. if noone was buying them pretty soon they'd start to look stupid...

I don't know how closely people actually monitor this, but the packs that have been taken off the market do rather well on the GTN. There's probably some sort of nostalgia issue there for people having "just missed" the removal. Anyone who buys something that has had its removal announced should do rather well selling on the GTN. The real issue is to guess when this peaks.

Yeah.. there's still people who never picked up all the pieces they wanted from the discontinued sets.. Personally i've given up on the complete phantom sets, and the throne and chair mounts :/ They're a joke now.

For these gamble packs or booster packs to work each pack would need a super rare but awesome item, to keep the desire to try again going. As of late none of the packs have had this hook. So this is why I suspect people are buying fewer backs, they need to bring back super rare weapon types, masks, mounts or something. Keep tossing in junk, and people will not respond, add awesome rewards with said junk people will keep trying for that one item.

Yeah i've never bought one.. but it sucks how people spend $3 and get junk. I always figured that if i did though.. its rng right? Luck in tor seems to work the same way as wow.. there's some time element to do it.. So i figured i'd just keep them in my inventory and play away.. as soon as a pc or green item drops from a kill say id know im in my lucky roll period and open them then only.

I gave them one last chance this week. Sadly, I'm done with them. :/ Trying to support them, but seriously, the RNG on the booster packs and dye packs are just rediculously gawd awful. My one main Consular is set on everything except for the top I want for her, so I might save up the free CC for them, use the free CC to buy and sell packs, or just might go prefered since I'm only concentrating on one character now.

Time will tell. But the packs, I felt they were better at the beginning. Now, not so much. :/

No, I think more players are just involving themselves in the price fixing, based on what the items are and how popular they are perceived to be.

There are a ton of Thana Vesh armor pieces on the GTN on Shadowlands, about as many as there are of the Matriarchal set. But the Matriarchal set goes for peanuts while Thana Vesh's stuff is ridiculously inflated. So, it's not rarity that is driving the prices any more, it's the perceived koolness of the item or set.

:cool:

I agree that market pricing is being driven more by demand then rarity. Less so on new packs, but definitely on older pack content. Brand new packs are just squirrel-city for the first couple of weeks until the frenzy wears off some.

The other thing that still needs to settle out is the impact that Collections has on total demand. It was driving up demand on the old shipment 1 pack contents, but that seems to be settling down now. It's the newer packs that I am not sure about yet. A lot of people used to collect numerous copies of pieces (not necessarily whole sets)....but in many cases now.. it's better to go after a complete set and unlock it, even if just for a few pieces. So I think the effects of this change in demand due to the new Collections system still needs some time to settle in.

In terms of total pack volume...seems pretty stable and normal to me from observing the GTN daily. I have noticed a glut of dyes on Harbinger the last few days.. and an lot of them are the new dyes..so the ones I like I have been scooping up and storing for later (either use or resell). A lot of inexpensive dyes right now.. some of them way under priced to the market.