Instead of separating premades and solo why not add a 'casual' queue?

cycao

thats where skill based matchmaking would be a tremendous addition.

it would make sense to use a hidden ELO algorithm, liked RWZ rating but strictly behind the scenes. in order to have a high rating, youd need to play a lot of games. likewise, a fresh 55 who has never PvP'd before would have the minimum rating. the odds of having top ranked players pitted against total noobs would drastically decrease.

i definitely agree something needs to be done to improve the quality of PvP in warzones at all levels.

This is why matchmaking makes so much more sense than splitting the queues even though most loudest advocates of this are dead set against it for some reason. If they took into account what you had said earlier like valor, gear rating, over all wins and some rating than everything would be even.

All premades can go in thier own queues and measure thier guns with eachother, that would be a good solution.

Well it seems that players like you have no desire to face players that might be better than them (a lot of premades do consist of very talented players) and I mean that in the best way possible because you seem to be against a matchmaking system in everyway. There are enough players I know that like to solo queue (me included) that actually enjoy the challenge of facing a premade.

Most people just want even matches where the outcome is not predetermined. I think premades and "casuals" would both agree to this. A better matchmaking system is probably the only real solution.

I don't believe in predetermined outcomes. Though this would require players not to quit out as soon as they start to lose, like a score in huttball, they go down in HG, two points captured in NC/CW. Players give up so easily now that its no wonder premades can steamroll teams, all it takes is one person to leave and then the floodgates open up.

But yes, matchmaking.

I don't believe in predetermined outcomes. Though this would require players not to quit out as soon as they start to lose, like a score in huttball, they go down in HG, two points captured in NC/CW. Players give up so easily now that its no wonder premades can steamroll teams, all it takes is one person to leave and then the floodgates open up.

But yes, matchmaking.

Right because have 8 veterans versus 8 newbs isn't a predetermined outcome already. but yes, matchmaking.

Right because have 8 veterans versus 8 newbs isn't a predetermined outcome already. but yes, matchmaking.

Isn't that kinda taking the best example vs. the worst example and saying it's the common rule?

Naturally 8 lions with frickin' laser beams attached to the top of their frickin' heads versus 8 quadriplegic mice is a no contest, but how likely is this going to be the case?

But yes, matchmaking.

Even though I rarely see 8 scrubs vs 8 vets (though according to some threads solo players face this every.single.warzone) quitting out right away is pretty counter productive in trying to get better.

People who go into anything and expect to lose are the ones I don't want to have on my team which is why I do participate with groups.

If these players have no desire to get better or take any accountability for their actions then a casual queue with no rewards which would be a total 'care free' and 'fun' experience is where they would want to be.

Even though I rarely see 8 scrubs vs 8 vets (though according to some threads solo players face this every.single.warzone) quitting out right away is pretty counter productive in trying to get better.

People who go into anything and expect to lose are the ones I don't want to have on my team which is why I do participate with groups.

If these players have no desire to get better or take any accountability for their actions then a casual queue with no rewards which would be a total 'care free' and 'fun' experience is where they would want to be.

I have been on teams where we have beat premades. The problem is how rare it is. I'm being extremly generous when i say it is only 10% of the time. The problem with facing a premade is you don't LEARN anything when it is a complete lolstomp. Which the majority of the time it is.

I had the pleasure of facing Hoth Ski Patrol (full 8 man) in three straight warzones the other night. While I stayed and compelted all three and got my 8 medals or more in each, I can honestly say with out a doubt that I did not learn anything, and they were not what anyone would consider fun.

A step in the right direction would be to simply place each of those 4 man groups on different sides. But matchmaking, yes.

I'm not saying one way or the other, but I think we've all been in games while solo queuing where due to the skill level of our team mates we're just ****ed. Personally I'll play anyway, I'm usually on my healer so even when we're losing I'm busy, but if it's late, if I'm bored, if I have anything I'd rather be doing, I'm not gonna stick around for a 10 minute game just so the other team gets a few more medals.

but matchmaking yes

Edited by frankiejo

Isn't that kinda taking the best example vs. the worst example and saying it's the common rule?

Naturally 8 lions with frickin' laser beams attached to the top of their frickin' heads versus 8 quadriplegic mice is a no contest, but how likely is this going to be the case?

But yes, matchmaking.

I can't be certain but i think it was hyperbole used to make a point but yes matchmaking

Some nights never, some nights 3-4 times a night. There is a way to queue two premades, and when they're facing total scrubs - yes the scrubs should just leave. There is nothing to learn from being stunned/killed repeatedly in under 4.5 seconds right outside your spawn point.

I've been on both the pitching and catching (top and bottom?) end of it. But yea, its way less common than the QQers claim.

Edited by Maelael

I had the pleasure of facing Hoth Ski Patrol (full 8 man) in three straight warzones the other night. While I stayed and compelted all three and got my 8 medals or more in each, I can honestly say with out a doubt that I did not learn anything, and they were not what anyone would consider fun.

Yeeeeaaaah ... sucks, doesn't it? They're the ones I see most who manage the 8 man premade. Kudos for staying in the warzones, though. I concur, meeting a Hoth Ski Patrol premade in regs is nothing close to fun. I don't learn anything either, I spend most of the time getting stun locked and waiting behind respawn doors. At least they're generally over fast. If I'm solo pvping, I'll generally stick the wz out (I hate leaving, even if it's a hopeless loss) but if I'm with a guildie, they won't put up with it and leave wz to get in a different rotation.

As for making a completely different queue, I think regs are considered casual. As others have suggested, some improvements can be made to the matchmaking system. Not to be all doom and gloom, but considering we haven't seen a yellow post in the pvp forum in ages, I'm not even sure they concede that this is an important issue/concern for a lot of pvpers. The multiple, massive threads about premades and the huge player discussion for and against them should have warranted some kind of official response, even if it was to only let us know they were aware of it.

i dont know if the term "casual" properly defines who youre talking about.

im a casual player. a few hours during the week, maybe some extra on weekends/holidays. but that doesnt prevent me from being in a PvP oriented guild and doing RWZ when i can.

i think the population is better broken up into "competitive" and "just for kicks".

This. I'm logging in for 2-4 hours a night, usually closer to the 2 hours now that its summer time and my wife has more free time/kid staying up longer, yet all I do when I log in most nights is group up for PvP.

Just LOL at this. Hello the bads didnt want a gear grind. they cried for months until bioware gave them free gear. then they cried again until bioware gave them bolster. I say F**k em. If it were up to me every single person crying to ban premades would have to face double premades everytime their account queued up for a warzone.

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry if this offends you.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

The fact that your response degenerated into insults and smears pretty much proves you don't actually have a horse in this race.

If you want to continue the discussion the adults will gladly talk to you when you're ready to talk like an adult.