Instead of separating premades and solo why not add a 'casual' queue?

cycao

Its pretty obvious that the most talked about topic on this forum is premades ruining solo queue players gaming experiences. They want a complete separation of queues, which seems good but I think a good majority of players just want to see a matchmaking system that works.

Why not just add a casual queue when you hit 55. This queue would give every single person a set number of stats and would offer zero rewards like commendations and credits. It seems to me that a huge argument is premades have voip and min/maxed gear and 'pug farm for more gear'.

Now this casual queue would allow both solo and groups to be able to enter the queue. "Now hold on a tick...We will still be facing premades''. Well with absolutely nothing to gain from winning or losing no non casual player whether they group or not will want to be in this if they cannot get some reward.

Just a random thought I came up with after this masterpiece I just rolled up and enjoyed and wanted to share.

It just seems to me that the ones who want separate queues say premades have all these advantages over the casual crowed and that these same players just want fun in PvP . A queue like this would be right up there ally. If they want a mix of bads and skilled players then they would enter the regular queue.

hah I learned to do that the hard way, by not caring.

I think a ton of us did but it doesn't stop other people from complaining about no win scenarios and blah blah blah deh took ehr jerbs.

Increasing your skill cap and be the best isn't reward enough?

People naturally want something to work towards. Its ridiculous to think that "casuals" or ANYONE would play very long in a mode that offers zero rewards in a GEAR based MMO. If this game wasn't gear based and that wasn't the basis for the entire gamplay a casual mode would be fine. I would fully support it. That is not the case however.

Its also common knowledge that further denigration of those filthy casuals will kill queues and only chase people away from the game. A lot of you elitists forget that the game is supported by the dirty, filthy casual players that you want out of your queue.

i dont know if the term "casual" properly defines who youre talking about.

im a casual player. a few hours during the week, maybe some extra on weekends/holidays. but that doesnt prevent me from being in a PvP oriented guild and doing RWZ when i can.

i think the population is better broken up into "competitive" and "just for kicks".

im a casual player. a few hours during the week, maybe some extra on weekends/holidays. but that doesnt prevent me from being in a PvP oriented guild and doing RWZ when i can.

i think the population is better broken up into "competitive" and "just for kicks".

because the effective difference between "casual" and "just for kicks" is a vast gulf indeed =P

you can be casual and still be "hardcore"

you cant be hardcore and not care about how you perform in PvP

I'm not arguing with the spirit of your message, rather the semantics. In fact I agree, I'm rather casual, pre-55, only do pvp and class quests, but that doesn't mean I'm not competent.

Point taken. I would have considered my style more casual the month or so before I cancelled my sub as I would usually just log in and do the daily on my sin and jug but every so often I would put some work in.

I would say it is hard to get a read on what some players want from warzones. I have an idea of what certain groups want but I was mainly looking for some ideas to get thrown around for the players that have no gear, never set foot in a warzone until 55 and have no real drive to grind gear but to simply have 'fun'.

"Competitive" not "Competent" .

OP: Sounds cool if we had a large player base, but then again, what the other guys said is very true. Why spend time honing your skills for nothing if you can do the same in regs AND get rewards.

A more intelligent MM system is what's needed. Take into account team makeup - gears - rating - matches played - valor etc... build regs teams based on that. I personally don't mind having a couple of young-lings in my team, but when that's all you get and you get to that first exchange at the beginning of the WZ and you realize how things are.... it sucks LOL.

Edited by Seengularity

"Competitive" not "Competent" .

OP: Sounds cool if we had a large player base, but then again, what the other guys said is very true. Why spend time honing your skills for nothing if you can do the same in regs AND get rewards.

A more intelligent MM system is what's needed. Take into account team makeup - gears - rating - matches played - valor etc... build regs teams based on that. I personally don't mind having a couple of young-lings in my team, but when that's all you get and you get to that first exchange at the beginning of the WZ and you realize how things are.... it sucks LOL.

Exactly this. Playing as a 29 tactics vanguard in huttball and trying to do anything with a team that did ABSOLUTELY 0 to objective (albiet vs a team that had maybe 3 or 4 doing objective - but lightning sorcs are dangerous in lowbies). We nearly won because both teams sucked. But this near win was not as satisfying as the near win I had a few weeks ago in the 55 bracket; every person used all their skills at the right time on both teams.

I want to play against and with people of my own skill level. Not a bunch of clueless bads but not those people that know all those little tricks and are very good D:

bads wont join a queue that gives no rewards.

nobody will. however, I think it's a neat idea. would be cool if the max gear you could get out of it would be partisan. that might be an acceptable tradeoff.

Point taken. I would have considered my style more casual the month or so before I cancelled my sub as I would usually just log in and do the daily on my sin and jug but every so often I would put some work in.

I would say it is hard to get a read on what some players want from warzones. I have an idea of what certain groups want but I was mainly looking for some ideas to get thrown around for the players that have no gear, never set foot in a warzone until 55 and have no real drive to grind gear but to simply have 'fun'.

thats where skill based matchmaking would be a tremendous addition.

it would make sense to use a hidden ELO algorithm, liked RWZ rating but strictly behind the scenes. in order to have a high rating, youd need to play a lot of games. likewise, a fresh 55 who has never PvP'd before would have the minimum rating. the odds of having top ranked players pitted against total noobs would drastically decrease.

i definitely agree something needs to be done to improve the quality of PvP in warzones at all levels.

Its pretty obvious that the most talked about topic on this forum is premades ruining solo queue players gaming experiences. They want a complete separation of queues, which seems good but I think a good majority of players just want to see a matchmaking system that works.

Why not just add a casual queue when you hit 55. This queue would give every single person a set number of stats and would offer zero rewards like commendations and credits. It seems to me that a huge argument is premades have voip and min/maxed gear and 'pug farm for more gear'.

Now this casual queue would allow both solo and groups to be able to enter the queue. "Now hold on a tick...We will still be facing premades''. Well with absolutely nothing to gain from winning or losing no non casual player whether they group or not will want to be in this if they cannot get some reward.

Just a random thought I came up with after this masterpiece I just rolled up and enjoyed and wanted to share.

1 reason: queue times

Though I wish something like this could be implemented I don't see it becoming possible.

People naturally want something to work towards. Its ridiculous to think that "casuals" or ANYONE would play very long in a mode that offers zero rewards in a GEAR based MMO. If this game wasn't gear based and that wasn't the basis for the entire gamplay a casual mode would be fine. I would fully support it. That is not the case however.

Its also common knowledge that further denigration of those filthy casuals will kill queues and only chase people away from the game. A lot of you elitists forget that the game is supported by the dirty, filthy casual players that you want out of your queue.

Just LOL at this. Hello the bads didnt want a gear grind. they cried for months until bioware gave them free gear. then they cried again until bioware gave them bolster. I say F**k em. If it were up to me every single person crying to ban premades would have to face double premades everytime their account queued up for a warzone.

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry if this offends you.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx