The cartel market = reskin everything until people stop buying

Individual

Everything is same stuff just new colors with slight pattern modifications. I can't believe people even pay money for those crates still. How long until you stop reskining things and put new content in the boxes? Edited by Individual

There's 8 armor sets in this pack and they are all new armors. The other stuff should be offered in multiple colors, etc. In case you haven't figured it out, cosmetics are pretty important to most players in these types of games so having multiple colors and variations to choose from is a good thing.

IMHO reskins aren't necessarily a bad thing for things that cannot be dyed. I see people complaining about there not being "new" speeders", but the thing is, not everyone likes the same colors.

For example, maybe you (generic you) like the Adno speeder model and happily bought the Mantis from the last pack because green is your favorite color. But consider that someone else might also like that speeder model but not like the color green, so one of these blue or silver reskins may be just what they wanted.

There's 8 armor sets in this pack and they are all new armors. The other stuff should be offered in multiple colors, etc. In case you haven't figured it out, cosmetics are pretty important to most players in these types of games so having multiple colors and variations to choose from is a good thing.

Yeah... except we already pay a subscription for something that should be getting this content anyway.

Yeah... except we already pay a subscription for something that should be getting this content anyway.

Oh so now the discussion went from "they arent putting anything new on the cartel market" to "we should get everything for free because we pay subscription".

Give it up. If they were still going on the subscription model, this game would be dead...

Oh so now the discussion went from "they arent putting anything new on the cartel market" to "we should get everything for free because we pay subscription".

Give it up. If they were still going on the subscription model, this game would be dead...

Except... it would not be "Getting everything for free." It would be, "We're getting everything for $15 a month."

Subscription models did not die out because they are inferior models. They died out because companies could no longer profit with that model by making the same game we've been playing for 10 years. Essentially, people buy a new MMO that promises to be Subscription based which they like because Subscriptions are a fair deal. But when they get into the game, they leave within the first month because a) it's too short, b) there is zero reason to stick around once you've completed the content, and c) you already played this game, last month, and d) the first month was "free" anyway.

Free to Play + Item Shop is a business model of desperation to squeeze out every cent you can out of a product before changing it. People only play these games BECAUSE they can play it free. The Item Shop is there (from a business standpoint) because if you throw candy at people... they will buy it.

You'll notice that they never dropped the Subscription model. Oh no. It's still there. It's still there because it's the only reliable source for constant income from month to month. They need this income to continue with the updates and maintenance. In other words, Subscribers pay for the F2P crowd to enjoy frequent updates to the game. I BOUGHT THAT FOR YOU!

Subscribers are getting screwed because a) we already paid for that content to be made, b) people who don't subscribe are benefiting from the updates we paid for, c) and for some reason, these same people think we want something for free... when we've already paid for EVERYTHING, including their ability to play the game!

It wouldn't be dead. It just wouldn't be making as much money as they want. 200k+ subs, 15 dollars a month...unless the sub numbers where way off.

Developer releases reskin items: "OMG! Are you guys creatively brain dead? We want new items!"

Developer releases new items: "OMG! These items look terrible! We want classic items!"

:D

I lol'd because you hit this right on the nose. I personally like reskins and don't mind them at all, as long as we continue to get new items too, which we are.....so... :D

Developer releases reskin items: "OMG! Are you guys creatively brain dead? We want new items!"

Developer releases new items: "OMG! These items look terrible! We want classic items!"

:D

Must suck to be them...

I mean, no matter what they do, they can never win.

Even giving people literally free coins resulted in a whole spam of QQ and complaints D:

Like someone had in his signature some time ago , " I'm starting to think that Bioware and their MMO aren't the dysfunctional ones around here " :(

It's idiotic to sell re colours and reskins, when there are so many exciting things they could sell. And not stupid crap like the pocket sarlaac. Seriously, did they even think that out? If you had a sarlaac in your pocket it would turn on you and devour you painfully over a 1000 years. You can't just be whipping those things around. :mad:

But when you think, that they could have facial tattoos for cyborgs, more hairstyles/colours for all races, and reproductions of Dark Council Member's armours, and Revan's foot fungus (you know some Revanite phreak would want it.) The list is endless for things we could get...decorations for our ship...walkers, animal mounts for use on certain planets...and they come up with lame banal sht for us to buy.

A new pack comes out every single month, at least pretend to be patient. And hasn't anyone noticed the embargo of the previous shipment of packs caused the gtn prices for those items to soar? On the harbinger you couldn't sell a Crimson Claw for 5K when those packs were out, now look at them. When the next shipment of packs hits, you will have all new models and all new colours for four months and then you can complain again how Bioware never does anything good and all the 'good stuff' is way too expensive on the GTN.

Subscribers are getting screwed because a) we already paid for that content to be made, b) people who don't subscribe are benefiting from the updates we paid for, c) and for some reason, these same people think we want something for free... when we've already paid for EVERYTHING, including their ability to play the game!

You seem to forget all the other subscriber benefits. You also seem to think that it's possible to get screwed when it's only $15,

Everything is same stuff just new colors with slight pattern modifications. I can't believe people even pay money for those crates still. How long until you stop reskining things and put new content in the boxes?

I got to admit. I'm pretty disappointed in the number of mounts that are the same model with a different skin only just so it looks like packs have more in them than they actually do.