Tanking with Darkness - A PvE Guide to Darkness Assassins

insaneric

So is it a safe presumption that because the Shield Amp relic gives an Absorb Rating, which then turns into a percent which is also a stat that'll suffer from diminishing returns that something akin to this is how I should be looking at it;

Shield Amp procs gives example of 8% more absorb amount, and thus absorbs a different amount of damage based on the damage incoming to the Sin. Whereas the Reactive Warding gives 1360 flat, every single time it procs. So until the 1360 becomes less then whatever the absorb amount given by the Shield Amp relic (in the example I gave 8%). The Reactive Warding relic would be better, as over the course of the fight it will be blocking more damage (presuming you shield when the Shield Amp relic procs).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a high level tank just a lvl 44. was wondering is SoD worth it? 3% endurance i forgot the exact amount but is not a big difference. any input on that will be appreciated.:rak_03:

Yes it's a good skill, it equates to roughly 1.2k hp in 78 gear (which helps with burst damage). In addition to this it's better than any alternative you could take for tanking.

so i just hit 50. where do i start? im almost capped of planetary comms, and i heard oricon quest line gives you a free set of gear how i start that ? and after class quest should i go to makeb?

Makeb is the best way to level from 50 to 55, after this you can get a fair amount of 66 gear from Oricon (the quest line starts on fleet). You can also do HM Flashpoints and SM Operations to get 69 gear. I expect there are several good gearing guides for new 55s out the, I'm probably not the best person to advise you on specifics.

For levelling go to Makeb until 53, then you can start adding Czerka to the list (double XP weekend at level 52 I managed to get close to 400k XP from doing the 4 easy quests - took 20 minutes). Once you hit 55, run Oricon and by doing the storyline you'll get head, chest, legs and feet in 66 for your chosen spec. I think you might also get some implants, but it's great for getting you started, plus gives basic comms. It should give you enough gear to run 55HMs with a good group so you can get some comms and get the rest of your gear up to 66, after which SM Ops until you're geared enough to start on HM etc.