Marauder Class Representative

EricMusco

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oofalong's last post in this thread proves why he should be representative. While I have seen some very skilled players named...this position is best served by someone who's communication skills are elite.

If the dev's make this a challenge position whereby whomever can defeat the other classes reps in a pvp match or parse the highest on a raid dummy gets their questions answered then perhaps I would reconsider my vote...until then I'll stick with oofalong.

Aluvi, Aetrus.

Not much quality outta anyone else that I've seen in the last two weeks of trolling this forum. (KBN could count but hes already nominated in 30 other places).

I didn't realize I had even posted in this subforum in the last two weeks. :o

My vote would be for MrGrezecka (Frog-dawg in-game), and just hope that he has ideas to increase Annihilation's PvP viability.

I didn't realize I had even posted in this subforum in the last two weeks. :o

My vote would be for MrGrezecka (Frog-dawg in-game), and just hope that he has ideas to increase Annihilation's PvP viability.

Seen - and actually at the time of that writing you had, and quality stuff too.

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words they have expressed toward me in this thread. I strive to have a positive impact on our class and this game, and I would be happy to serve as Class Representative if elected.

Still, the purpose of this post is too focus the conversation on the most important qualities for our Class Representative.

Personally, I feel the most important aspect is clear and effective communication. The questions posed to the development team should be concise and specific. For instance, "why does Annihilation suck in PvP?" is unhelpful.

Finally, I think it is useful for the Class Representative to be familiar with the three specs as well as PvE and PvP content. Note, I did not say this person needs to be an expert or the best player you have ever seen. Those are certainly admirable qualities, but I would absolutely prioritize my first two criteria over player skill.

Anyway, just offering my two cents...

Your post touched upon something that I was thinking a lot about.

In all honesty - I don't really know any of these folk - but I am sure whoever gets the eventual vote will be a great representative - However - As someone who enjoys playing an Annihilation Marauder I had an Idea for a slight improvement which I posted on the suggestion forums (which only one person read - but he did like it) :)

I don't have a Max level marauder (low - mid 40's) so I can't honestly comment on the endgame Marauder experience.....

What I proposed was:

One of the issues with Annihilation is that the Juyo form damage increase takes a bit long to build up - going

2 %- 4% - 6% - 8% - 10%

This is similar to a lot of armour sundering talents that used to take 5 stacks to get to 20% - I think Bioware recognised that it was a bit too long, so changed them to do their full armour sunder in a single strike.

I think that the Juyo damage increase stacking could do with a bit of a speeding up too - So I have a Suggestion on that front....

What I am proposing is a Slight boost to the Indefatigable Assault Talent in the Annihilation tree -

One of the things it currently does is to increase the Juyo Stacks to 6 for a total of 12% damage increase...(2% -4% -6% - 8% - 10% - 12%).........

I was thinking is that in addition to this it could also give 2 Juyo Stacks per triggering - so it would go 4% - 8% -12%

I think in its current form, to have to get 6 triggers is too much - especially as it cannot trigger more than every 1.5 seconds (not every hit) - so I think my suggestion is reasonable.

Also this talent is Very High in the Annihilation tree so only dedicated Annihilation Marauders would be able to get it and it could not be used as an option in a Hybrid build etc...

Another advantage is that this suggestion would only require a Slight tweak rather than some long, extensive reworking of the code.

What do you think - is this the type of feedback you are looking for - Also do you think it is a reasonable suggestion?

If you like it - I'll vote for you :p

Your post touched upon something that I was thinking a lot about.

In all honesty - I don't really know any of these folk - but I am sure whoever gets the eventual vote will be a great representative - However - As someone who enjoys playing an Annihilation Marauder I had an Idea for a slight improvement which I posted on the suggestion forums (which only one person read - but he did like it) :)

I don't have a Max level marauder (low - mid 40's) so I can't honestly comment on the endgame Marauder experience.....

What I proposed was:

One of the issues with Annihilation is that the Juyo form damage increase takes a bit long to build up - going

2 %- 4% - 6% - 8% - 10%

This is similar to a lot of armour sundering talents that used to take 5 stacks to get to 20% - I think Bioware recognised that it was a bit too long, so changed them to do their full armour sunder in a single strike.

I think that the Juyo damage increase stacking could do with a bit of a speeding up too - So I have a Suggestion on that front....

What I am proposing is a Slight boost to the Indefatigable Assault Talent in the Annihilation tree -

One of the things it currently does is to increase the Juyo Stacks to 6 for a total of 12% damage increase...(2% -4% -6% - 8% - 10% - 12%).........

I was thinking is that in addition to this it could also give 2 Juyo Stacks per triggering - so it would go 4% - 8% -12%

I think in its current form, to have to get 6 triggers is too much - especially as it cannot trigger more than every 1.5 seconds (not every hit) - so I think my suggestion is reasonable.

Also this talent is Very High in the Annihilation tree so only dedicated Annihilation Marauders would be able to get it and it could not be used as an option in a Hybrid build etc...

Another advantage is that this suggestion would only require a Slight tweak rather than some long, extensive reworking of the code.

What do you think - is this the type of feedback you are looking for - Also do you think it is a reasonable suggestion?

Sweet, I am out campaigning for votes now :D

There are two threads you might want to review this one and this one from the Sentinel page. Generally speaking you identify a common complaint with Annihilation - it takes too long to achieve your maximum damage output. This mostly impacts Annihilate. Anyway as a result of this long ramp up, the class is difficult to use in PvP which favors more burst damage. And, it is problematic on many of the newer boss fights which have time when you are unable to attack the boss.

I don't think Anni's problem, regarding its "build up" is because of Juyo's stacks, but Annihilator's. Getting 4 stacks of it takes a bit of time and you must keep it up in order to have a shorter cooldown on Annihilation. On bosses fights with a lot movement sometimes is hard to keep them up, and everytime you lose them, is a significant dps loss.

I'm not asking a straight reduction on Annihilation's cooldown, but the Annihilator's buff could last a bit longer so movement is not as punishing as it can be now. For example, to its base duration (12 seconds ? don't remember atm) each stack could add say between 0.5 and 1 second on top of that.

That way, this build works the same way, its build up is barely affected but once you have your 4 stacks, it'll be better than it is now

Annihilation has a lot of problems in PvP, especially compared to the other two trees.

DoTs do not stop caps anymore, but they still break mezzes. This is probably the biggest reason why Annihilation Marauders aren't viable in rateds. AoE CC and coordinating it properly is critical in that setting. The fact that all 3 healing classes can cleanse our dots, decreasing our damage dramatically is also a problem. We could use something like Lethality's Lingering Toxins in that regard. Deadly Saber costs way too much rage. The skill behaves much like Acid Blade does for the Concealment tree - Acid Blade costs 10 energy, has no cooldown and the operative has a 100 resource pool. I mean there is zero guarantee that once you pop Deadly Saber and pay the 3 Rage cost you will even do damage with the ability. At least with Acid Blade, it doesn't matter if you pop the ability because the resource cost is irrelevant.

Annihilate costs too much rage as well, especially when compared to what the hardest hitting abilities in the other two trees (Force Scream for Carnage and Smash/Vicious Throw for Rage) cost. Juyo stacks take too long to build up - Fellblade actually had a good solution for that. The nerfed self-healing is laughable. It isn't noticeable unless you have 3 dots on a target and pop Berserk. They could revert the healing nerfs in...1.5 was it? It also has very little in the way of defense aside from that poor self-healing when compared to Carnage and Rage. Rage, you get 9% DR just for being in the spec, and can still spec into the 30% AoE dmg reduction (which I think every rated Smash player does) from Carnage. Carnage, you get up to 6% DR and ranged/melee defenses and the 30% AoE reduction. What does Annihilation have? A 2 second increase on Camouflage and 4% internal/elemental reduction. I'm a huge fan of the Bounty Hunter's Energy Rebounder talent. If Annihilation had something like it, where every time you were attacked the CD on Saber Ward was lowered, that would be a huge help to its survivability.

Obviously if BW made all these changes, Annihilation would be way too strong. But they only need to look at some of the suggestions and make two of them to increase Annihilation's viability.

Edited by Aetrus