Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

LadyKulvax

Legend, here it is. We do not agree with your arguments, we have no interest in convincing you. We shall therefore not respond.

No problem.

So you may as well stop bothering.

I am afraid, Beni, but this forum gives me the right to participate in any discussion I want to (you and every other member have same right). I will address any point of any member in any topic that I feel the need to, regardless of my input being valued or ignored. My focus is on the debate/topic and I expect the same attitude from fellow members.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid, Beni, but this forum gives me the right to participate in any discussion I want to (you and every other member have same right). I will address any point of any member in any topic that I feel the need to, regardless of my input being valued or ignored. My focus is on the debate/topic and I expect the same attitude from fellow members.

Why don't I settle a matter that has already been settled? Restating what has already been stated, but whatever.

Surik was negatively effected by Kaas.

Nyriss was positively effected by Kaas.

End of story.

This isn't the end of story unfortunately.

You forgot Scourge.

I've only read to page four but did Drew even know that Meetra was a Wound in the Force? Because if that's what you're basing her lack of having it in the novel, saying that it's healed, then I don't think it's valid.

It is the end of the story, and no I didn't. Scourge just isn't important.

And why isn't he important? He saved Meetra from getting stabbed during the duel at one point. His participation was a plus point for Meetra.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

What matters is why the Exile performed so badly in the fight. Not the fight itself.

Meetra didn't perform badly; she was totally outclassed in this contest.

As they scrambled to their feet, T3 let out what could only be described as a shriek of terror. An instant later, the little astromech came tumbling down the stairs and bounced across the floor as if he’d been shot from a cannon. He landed in the corner on his back, his wheels still spinning.

“Get Revan out of the way,” Scourge said to Meetra.

As she dragged the Jedi’s unconscious body into the nearby cell, one of the guards drew his weapon, while the other rushed over and picked his discarded blaster up from where Revan had kicked it aside. Scourge nodded at the guards. In response to his silent command they crept to the foot of the stairs and peered up toward the door above.

A burst of purple lightning arced down the steps, catching both men in the chest. They barely had time to scream before they were turned into charred and smoking husks.

Scourge took a step back, knowing exactly who had been responsible for unleashing the fury of the dark side against the hapless guards. Nyriss made her way slowly down the stairs, the outspread fingers of her left hand still crackling with electricity. In her right hand she held her lightsaber, the blade humming softly. By the time she reached the bottom, Meetra had emerged from the nearby cell. She ignited her lightsaber and came to stand beside Scourge.

“What’s this?” Nyriss asked, her voice mocking. “Another Jedi?”

When neither of them answered, she turned her head to the side and laughed bitterly.

“The Imperial Guard will make sure I never leave my stronghold alive,” she told them. “But neither will any of you.”

She raised her free hand above her head and fired off another burst of lightning. Both Scourge and Meetra threw themselves clear of the deadly electrical bolt, but in doing so they gave Nyriss the early advantage. Before they could recover, she leapt at them. Despite her withered appearance, she moved with the all the speed and ferocity of a dark side warrior in her prime. She landed right between her two adversaries, her blade flashing back and forth in a series of slashes and cuts that immediately threw her two opponents on the defensive.

Scourge barely managed to parry the first wave of her assault, unable to even think about countering with an attack of his own. Another quick thrust forced him off balance and he staggered backward.

Nyriss seized on the opportunity to focus all her efforts on breaking through Meetra’s defenses. The Jedi was clearly overmatched; though she managed to hold her ground, she was forced down to one knee. In the awkward position her right flank was exposed, and Nyriss brought her blade in to deliver a crippling cut. At the same time, Scourge lashed out with the Force, catching Nyriss flush in the center of her chest. An ordinary foe would have been thrown clear across the room, but Nyriss instinctively threw up a Force barrier to protect herself, absorbing and redirecting the brunt of the impact. Even so, Scourge’s attack knocked her off balance just enough to send her lightsaber wide of the mark, giving Meetra the opportunity she needed to scramble away to safety.

Scourge rushed forward, hoping to drive Nyriss back into a corner, but she met his charge with an invisible wave of rippling energy. It picked Scourge up and tossed him head-over-heels, sending him crashing to the wall. Dazed, he looked up just in time to see another bolt of violet lightning catch Meetra in the chest. Like Nyriss, she threw up a barrier to save herself from the worst of it, but she was still knocked from her feet.

“Did you think I would be as easy to defeat as Xedrix?” Nyriss shouted, raising her lightsaber triumphantly above her head.

The air around her began to crackle and grow hot as she gathered herself for the killing blow. Scourge felt the energy building inside her, and he knew he would be powerless to stop it. Nyriss was too powerful; her command of the dark side was too strong.

“Gaze upon me and see your doom!” she declared. “I am Darth Nyriss, Lord of the Sith. I am the conqueror of Drezzi, the destroyer of Melldia, and a member of the Dark Council!”

Scourge braced himself for the end. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

Nyriss was so dominating that even Scourge didn't get the opportunity to go on the offensive with his dueling abilities(which was one of his greatest talents). Nyriss maintained significant pressure on her adversaries with her powers to nullify their effectiveness.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Hence why we think she was adversely affected by the Dark Side nexus. You have not disproved this theory.

My contention is that her Force abilities were functioning on Dromund Kaas:

When she arrived on Dromund Kaas, she could sense Revan's presence on this planet with her Force abilities. In addition, the cave based incident reveals that her precognitive abilities were working as well on this planet.

And make no mistake, she was able to fight effectively on Dromund Kaas (greatest proof is her accomplishment of outdueling two Imperial Guard individuals simultaneously inside the Citadel itself, which is impressive).

In the nutshell, she wasn't so negatively influenced by the dark side friendly environment of Dromund Kaas; not on the level of some Jedi who visited this planet in the future. Most likely, she is good at coping with such pressures. She found it difficult to experience (ideal) tranquility on Dromund Kaas, but this is it.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

My contention is that her Force abilities were functioning on Dromund Kaas:

And make no mistake, she was able to fight effectively on Dromund Kaas (greatest proof is her accomplishment of outdueling two Imperial Guard individuals simultaneously inside the Citadel itself, which is impressive).

*facepalm* no one said she couldn't use the Force, we are all saying she couldn't use it to her greatest degree, she had the power to Sever a being's connection to the Force, yet we didn't see her use that once on Dromund Kaas when she had every reason to.

Edited by LadyKulvax

*facepalm* no one said she couldn't use the Force, we are all saying she couldn't use it to her greatest degree, she had the power to Sever a being's connection to the Force, yet we didn't see her use that once on Dromund Kaas when she had every reason to.

This is interesting observation (the Sever Force talent part); has she managed to sever the connection of a Force-user with the Force in a combat situation (excluding herself)?

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

If you had read the thread, you would know.

I put up the question deliberately to check your attitude. Unfortunately, it remains hostile.

As pointed out earlier, I have read your entire thread and my assessment is that it mostly contains theories and assumptions from you (criticism not intended; just pointing out the obvious). No concrete evidence have been offered to support the assumption that Meetra managed to sever the connection of a Force-user opponent with the Force in combat situation. No sourcebook confirms that Meetra severed the connection of any Force-user opponent with the Force in combat situation either.

As far as her final encounter with Traya is concerned, Meetra actually cut off the remaining hand of Traya and also her bond with the Sith Lord consequently during their final encounter. This development weakened Traya and led to her downfall.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD