pod racing

XxBrandonCookXx

This would be a cool addition to the game. Could be a way to give us more things to do maybe have an Arena on different planets maybe even over each arena a few different map options so the race changes once in awhile. Have the pod racers customizable some parts made RE'd to tweak performance but have the schematics bound to legacy so as u race u get comms or whatever but you buy the schematics and they are bound to legacy but don't have the items that are made bound to legacy let the people be able to sell the items.

Or maybe just have it that races are player made so a player could get a series of pylons or markers that you race to let them have a start and a finish. This could be a good way to all players more opportunity to create more player made events. Also there could be a a container at the finish line with the prize that the player who made the race is offering whether its credits or an item or items. The race would last a day or a few days allowing people a chance to try the race and the fastest time at the end of the race gets the prize.

Lol, I was about to suggest pod racing myself when I saw this thread. The pod race could be either be a variation to flashpoint , Rep team against Imp team as a variation to WZ's or a stand alone feature in the game.

I like the ideas about modding your own special pod racer. But I'd like the real elite modification parts to be excluded from things in the game that tage ages to get. Talking about reputation and similar. More fun if everyone has a shot to win no matter what podracer they have. The modifications should only give small bonuses to speed and acceleration. Modifications should be craft able and schematic's could be drops from sand people elite's of all sort over the whole area of Tatooine. Drop rate about 5%. (More World pvp here perhaps? ;))

The races should be along a premade course that Bioware have created. The course should offer the player a real fast rolercoster experience with lots of twisting and turning. Bumping into something equals temporary loss of speed and loss of HP on your Pod racer. When HP goes down to 0 then the Pod racer explodes and the player is out of the race. Sand people should stand along ridges and try to shoot down the racers. Incoming shots should be dodgeable. Some extra spice to this would be if 2 or more players cant occupy the same space. That opens up the possibillity to block someone from passing you, or stearing someone into a mountain side.

i think pod racing would be really cool. you could set it as a tournament against each other and you can win credits, upgrades for your pod or by them and you could add a lot more into it. i know there's lots of players out there who would love it.

Screw the prequels. The whole pod racing thing is just a shoddy Ben-Hur knockoff. Anakin is Ben-Hur, Sebulba is Messala and Watto is Sheik Ilderim, etc. Watto even looks like Hugh Griffith. Both races are preceded by fanfare. Both are presided over by an evil ruler. Both races are mainly shown going left to right. It even has the part where the chariots/pods get stuck together. It also has the over the shoulder third person shooter angle shot as the chariot/pod weaves between the other racers. It's nearly identical and I could go on all day about the similarities. Even the celebration at the end of Phantom Menace is lifted directly from The Fall of the Roman Empire.

Edit: Not that the original movies are much better. Those are basically Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe.

Edited by Lachryphage

Whenever someone posts a suggestion thread about Pod racing or Swoop racing, I will agree that they should be added to the game. I would love that as a daily or even make them like warzones. Complete 4 races daily and a win counts as two.