Abilities hitting through shroud breaks the current state of PvP

EatenByDistance

You're all retarded. Force and Tech attacks = Yellow damage.

In the tooltip it clearly states "Force and tech attacks" NOT "Force, tech, melee and ranged attacks" so therefore, it is NOT broken, it is working as it should. As I have stated in a previous post, Flashbang doesn't do damage, so therefore it is completely normal for it to hit you through force shroud. Low Slash does melee damage (WHITE damage) and so therefore, is NOT under Yellow damage which is Force and Tech attacks. It would be just like saying "Oh...so my evasion doesn't block project or shock? THATS BAD FIX IT NAO" or some other crap. Let the only pvp developer fix actual issues like smashmonkeys and leave a perfectly functioning ability alone.

Now, explain me how it's normal that Flashbang could hit through Resilience or Shroud, while it resists Awe and Cover Pulse, which are also non-damaging abilities...

I'm eager of your response.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shroud not functioning perfectly breaks pvp? just a slight exaggeration.

Still there are many assassins that don't realize some CC counts as physical damage (like leg shot) and therefor goes through shroud......

That being said I have seen cases of assassins being CCed with tech/force attacks like cybertech grenades and flashbang while shroud is up. Although I do not play an assassin it seems more likely for AOE CC to go through shroud that other types of CC. For example I have been able to cause this to happen with my snipers flashbang, but never my sorc's whirlwind.

Regardless this isn't a "gamebreaking" glitch but it really should have been fixed by now.

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

Regardless this isn't a "gamebreaking" glitch but it really should have been fixed by now.

I agree that now it isn't "gamebreaking" but at the time the OP was made, it was a very serious problem for ranked warzones when teams relied on a proper shroud in order to protect a node. Watch the OPs video.

In a ridiculous and terribly designed ranked 8v8 warzone meta where losing one node means a 99% chance to lose the match, it was very frustrating when a mechanic would fail seemingly 1-5% of the time.

It's not as big of a deal now, but it's funny how it's clearly not even any sort of deal, big or small, for Bioware after all this time.

Edited by Morde_

Now, explain me how it's normal that Flashbang could hit through Resilience or Shroud, while it resists Awe and Cover Pulse, which are also non-damaging abilities...

I'm eager of your response.

Because Cover Pulse is used by snipers/slingers which primarily use tech based abilities it wouldn't shock me if Cover Pulse were a tech based knockback.

I agree that now it isn't "gamebreaking" but at the time the OP was made, it was a very serious problem for ranked warzones when teams relied on a proper shroud in order to protect a node. Watch the OPs video.

In a ridiculous and terribly designed ranked 8v8 warzone meta where losing one node means a 99% chance to lose the match, it was very frustrating when a mechanic would fail seemingly 1-5% of the time.

It's not as big of a deal now, but it's funny how it's clearly not even any sort of deal, big or small, for Bioware after all this time.

It's been broken since 1.4 - EIGHTEEN MONTHS! It mostly doesnt work in Huttball, I have posted several bug reports but because Bioware don't understand or play the class, they are too busy sleeping with Agents/Warrior classes to make them as OP as possible.

Flashbang is Tech, as is Cover Pulse.

right.

If flashbang was not tech, shroud would have no affect on it (like it has no affect on melee/ranged which hit through shroud per the standard accuracy - defense percentage -- always above 50%). Instead, flashbang only hits through shroud ~5% of the time. Without shroud, flashbang hits 100% of the time.

Also, a BW dev says it is not working as desired and wishes he could fix it.

The guy who is saying "FB is unaffected by shroud" is just trolling us.

EDIT: for those grunching, here is a link to my post about trying FB vs resilience 60 times.

Edited by funkiestj

Because Cover Pulse is used by snipers/slingers which primarily use tech based abilities it wouldn't shock me if Cover Pulse were a tech based knockback.

As opposed to operatives? This is so far off I don't know where to start. Maybe with the fact that snipers/slingers have far more non-tech attacks than operatives. For the record, flashbang is a tech based ability. Check any of the ability databases out there if you do not believe me.

• 3 months later...

Probably another 'communication error'. If not, its taken almost 2 years to fix. What a joke.

I've also noticed that if a Commando ticks 2 points in to 'Steadied by Aim', they can still get knocked back despite it also having 100% immunity if using 2 (I think 3) types of attacks. Face it, Bioware haven't learnt the art of percentages.

Just stunlocked in disbelief really.

Haha same here. Per s.o.p. I'll wait until live to see if it actually happens. Also what other ability was broken to maintain balance in the force :rolleyes:.

When's BWs birthday? We should pass around the hat and buy them a nice calculator. Maybe a nudie wall calendar too so they can more easily note how many months and years are going by before fixes.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Haha same here. Per s.o.p. I'll wait until live to see if it actually happens. Also what other ability was broken to maintain balance in the force :rolleyes:.

When's BWs birthday? We should pass around the hat and buy them a nice calculator. Maybe a nudie wall calendar too so they can more easily note how many months and years are going by before fixes.

We certainly can, but who will train them to use it?