Abilities hitting through shroud breaks the current state of PvP

EatenByDistance

Was I wrong about bolster? Did they nerf the **** out of it so pve gear isn't viable anymore?

So is your protip for stealth is to sit 15m off nodes knowing that shroud could have issues?

What we have here is a mediocre player who has limited RWZ experience if any (L-RANDLE), arguing against a very good player who plays RWZs every night and is on one of the best RWZ teams in the game (Morde AKA Scold of Hey I'm MVP).

Edited by DimeStax

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have here is a mediocre player who has limited RWZ experience if any (L-RANDLE), arguing against a very good player who plays RWZs every night and in on one of the best RWZ teams in the game (Morde AKA Scold of Hey I'm MVP).

Or high levels if whine, when other classes have to deal with similar **** that's broke, but aren't grandstanding like it breaks all of PVP..

Want some cheese?

bump for BW response.

Sure, they've explicitly mentioned that the behavior is known and not what is desired (i.e. a stupid mechanic). I want them to tell us that they plan to fix it! It is too much to ask for a date for the fix but a simple statement that "we will fix this" would help. FFS, give a late term abortion to endgame bolster and put that effort into fixing basic mechanics.

TANGENT: ignore list is your friend. I don't want the thread to get derailed because I think that lowers the chance BW takes this issue seriously. Ignore the trolls...

Edited by funkiestj

Well maybe they should just shutdown the never ending preseason of Ranked because it means so much...:rolleyes:

Did you guys notify the Senate that your ability to use the Force has diminished?:D

[EDIT] Also Saber Ward was a 150% buff to your native Defense when it was actually working, so yeah even a sniper buff didn't get through.

Again taking a hit through your saber ward doesn't immediately by itself cost you the game. I'm not sure why this is confusing for you but honestly you need to stop posting because the majority of what you are contributing is nonsense.

Again taking a hit through your saber ward doesn't immediately by itself cost you the game. I'm not sure why this is confusing for you but honestly you need to stop posting because the majority of what you are contributing is nonsense.

So you are trying to seriously contend that something not working 5% of the time has more of an impact than something not working 100% of the time? The only nonsense is that you can't grasp the concept that "when" is irrelevant. Everyone got **** that's broken that impacts their performance in a WZ. If I die in a dps race while guarding a node because Saber Ward doesn't work, the end result is the same. Lost node in stalematey game.

But again, there is no conclusive evidence that Shroud is broke, or not working as intended. Maybe in BW grand scheme of PVP balance they are only allowing one AC to counter shroud, idk....

I wish people cared about ability delay/misfire this much....... You know, something that impacts everyone....:rolleyes:

Well then **** *** **** ** (figure it out wheel of fortune style), make a new post, and try to get YOUR issues addressed. Rather than post nonsense, and hijack someone else's?? How's that for a plan? I guess it doesn't matter, I wont see it anyway because you have one more person ignoring you now.

So you are trying to seriously contend that something not working 5% of the time has more of an impact than something not working 100% of the time? The only nonsense is that you can't grasp the concept that "when" is irrelevant. Everyone got **** that's broken that impacts their performance in a WZ. If I die in a dps race while guarding a node because Saber Ward doesn't work, the end result is the same. Lost node in stalematey game.

But again, there is no conclusive evidence that Shroud is broke, or not working as intended. Maybe in BW grand scheme of PVP balance they are only allowing one AC to counter shroud, idk....

I wish people cared about ability delay/misfire this much....... You know, something that impacts everyone....:rolleyes:

Well then **** *** **** ** (figure it out wheel of fortune style), make a new post, and try to get YOUR issues addressed. Rather than post nonsense, and hijack someone else's?? How's that for a plan? I guess it doesn't matter, I wont see it anyway because you have one more person ignoring you now.

And it hurts my feelings oh so much to be ignored....... Be happy, I am providing fodder to keep your precious thread at the top..

So how is this in anyway an issue or a bug?

Just because you actually got hit in shroud in a way you didn't understand you think it isn't working the way it should.

Now dont get me wrong, yeah obvious the tooltip in this case is NOT 100% correct as there IS a slight chance you can hit people, but the same concept would apply for dodge/evasion from smugglers and imperial agents...

Yet again when something fails for a shadow/assassin, its taken as a full-blown broken mechanic

All I'm going to say is this (and im really sorry if i sound biased as I write this)

If THIS is indeed a broken mechanic, well then allow me to explain something.

When a shield effect like Static Barrier, Shield probe, absorbs 100% of the damage from an effect, the after cast effect should be negated...

Take Low Slash for example, how is it in anyway plausible to say that the stun would correctly land on a target when the shield probe completely blocks out 100% of the attack? In essence, what part of the damage you inflicted (which was completely blocked out) stunning my character?

I could say that indeed it broken too! Thats just my opinion though, so dont take it as a right or wrong statement (although in saying that I just inadvertantly gave probably the best way to negate and nullify the stun medley in this entire game :rolleyes:)

Either way, it seems to make sense, as nothing in terms of stat based mechanics is absolute

Just because you actually got hit in shroud in a way you didn't understand you think it isn't working the way it should.

Now dont get me wrong, yeah obvious the tooltip in this case is NOT 100% correct as there IS a slight chance you can hit people, but the same concept would apply for dodge/evasion from smugglers and imperial agents...

Yet again when something fails for a shadow/assassin, its taken as a full-blown broken mechanic

All I'm going to say is this (and im really sorry if i sound biased as I write this)

When a shield effect like Static Barrier, Shield probe, absorbs 100% of the damage from an effect, the after cast effect should be negated...

Take Low Slash for example, how is it in anyway plausible to say that the stun would correctly land on a target when the shield probe completely blocks out 100% of the attack? In essence, what part of the damage you inflicted (which was completely blocked out) stunning my character?

I could say that indeed it broken too! Thats just my opinion though, so dont take it as a right or wrong statement (although in saying that I just inadvertantly gave probably the best way to negate and nullify the stun medley in this entire game :rolleyes:)

Either way, it seems to make sense, as nothing in terms of stat based mechanics is absolute

Bubbles and barriers absorb damage, not CC's. It states so clearly in the tooltip. Therefore if the Low Slash hits, then the barrier/bubble will absorb the damage but the CC will still take effect. However, if Low Slash is dodged, parried, or misses then the CC effect will not stun the target.

Get it?

Dude, you just don't get it.

It worked 100% of the time prior to 1.4. After 1.4 abilities began getting through it.

If this is intended, we just want a dev response confirming that and an in-depth explanation on how it is supposed to work, since the tool tip is obviously forming many misconceptions.

If it is indeed a bug, then we want a confirmation on that and an ETA on a fix.

No need to complicate things by trying to come up with theories on how it might work.

Dude, you just don't get it.

It worked 100% of the time prior to 1.4. After 1.4 abilities began getting through it.

If this is intended, we just want a dev response confirming that and an in-depth explanation on how it is supposed to work, since the tool tip is obviously forming many misconceptions.

If it is indeed a bug, then we want a confirmation on that and an ETA on a fix.

No need to complicate things by trying to come up with theories on how it might work.

This is right. There shouldn't be such a confusion regarding the mechanic. We need a Bioware rep to come and give us their stance on what is intended about landing through shroud.

Perhaps because BW themselves (URL from original post) says it is not working as intended.

In other instances while Force Shroud is active and you know that you are being hit by a tech or Force attack, the issue is most likely that players and NPCs always have at least a 5% chance to hit with any ability, regardless of how high your defense is to that type of ability. So while Force Shroud is active, there is always at least a 5% chance that you could be hit by any tech or Force attack.

I don't like this anymore than you do. I know it's extremely frustrating to be hit by an ability that, for all intents and purposes, should not have hit you. Unfortunately, fixing this issue is not as simple as it seems, but I'll take a deeper look to see if there is anything we can do about it.

Clearly BW is not saying "working as intended". If they did say "working as intended" 99% of this thread agrees that the current behavior is a stupid and makes the game less fun (i.e. contrary to the raison d'être of a game).

... we want a confirmation on that and an ETA on a fix.

Agreed. We all know that BW is allergic to giving dates for fixes but simply saying "we will fix this" would be nicer than "I'll look into this"

Edited by funkiestj

I have said this before, but looks like it got lost in this thread.... so I'm saying it again.

Can some dev please explain why shroud for a tank, lasts only 2.6 sec and 2.3 sec in the combat logs below? To me, this is the source of the bug. Shroud falls off, but animation continues to play, making it seem like we are getting hit through shroud.

Can a DEV please explain why this happens below?

Here is the original thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636284

…
19:19:43.736 Tam activates Resilience.
19:19:43.736 Tam gains Resilience.
…
19:19:46.368 Tam loses Resilience.
…
19:19:46.380 Titan 6's Huge Grenade hits Tam for 29789 energy damage, causing 29789 threat.
19:19:46.380 Titan 6 kills Tam.

19:53:55.796 Tam activates Resilience.
19:53:55.796 Tam gains Resilience.
19:53:58.074 Tam loses Resilience.
19:53:58.086 Operations Chief's Terminate hits Tam for 32360 energy damage, causing 32360 threat.
19:53:58.086 Operations Chief kills Tam.

I have said this before, but looks like it got lost in this thread.... so I'm saying it again.

Can some dev please explain why shroud for a tank, lasts only 2.6 sec and 2.3 sec in the combat logs below?

Good catch. Looks to me like fail multi-threading code. I guess avoiding synchronization is one way to "improve performance" lol.

Edited by dcgregorya

Can some dev please explain why shroud for a tank, lasts only 2.6 sec and 2.3 sec in the combat logs below? To me, this is the source of the bug. Shroud falls off, but animation continues to play, making it seem like we are getting hit through shroud.

Can a DEV please explain why this happens below?

Here is the original thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636284

…
19:19:43.736 Tam activates Resilience.
19:19:43.736 Tam gains Resilience.
…
19:19:46.368 Tam loses Resilience.
…
19:19:46.380 Titan 6's Huge Grenade hits Tam for 29789 energy damage, causing 29789 threat.
19:19:46.380 Titan 6 kills Tam.

19:53:55.796 Tam activates Resilience.
19:53:55.796 Tam gains Resilience.
19:53:58.074 Tam loses Resilience.
19:53:58.086 Operations Chief's Terminate hits Tam for 32360 energy damage, causing 32360 threat.
19:53:58.086 Operations Chief kills Tam.

Well his shroud is lasting ABOUT three seconds. Did your tank (Tam) pick up the 2s extra shroud talent (Disjunction)? If he didn't his shroud would only last 3s and the big hits you listed would kill him normally if he didn't time his shroud perfectly (or due to lag), because his shroud simply timed out before the hit.

But again regardless of what is happening to your tank there are plenty of combat logs out there showing abilities hitting through shroud, IE it shows in the log shroud activating, then the guy gets hit, then shroud turns off. I've posted one such log myself.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Well his shroud is lasting ABOUT three seconds. Did your tank (Tam) pick up the 2s extra shroud talent (Disjunction)? If he didn't his shroud would only last 3s and the big hits you listed would kill him normally if he didn't time his shroud perfectly (or due to lag), because his shroud simply timed out before the hit.

But again regardless of what is happening to your tank there are plenty of combat logs out there showing abilities hitting through shroud, IE it shows in the log shroud activating, then the guy gets hit, then shroud turns off. I've posted one such log myself.

If' you read any of KBN's threads, who is btw probably one of the biggest shadow tank theory crafters, you will know he takes the 2s of resilience. Everybody does. We all know that resilience is broken and we die cos of it.

If' you read any of KBN's threads, who is btw probably one of the biggest shadow tank theory crafters, you will know he takes the 2s of resilience. Everybody does. We all know that resilience is broken and we die cos of it.

Yeah idk I was just making sure. I've never experienced this bug where shroud wears off earlier than intended. In the one log I have of shroud not working, the damage occurred while shroud was still active.

Edited by JP_Legatus