Abilities hitting through shroud breaks the current state of PvP

EatenByDistance

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already a yellow post out there about this and it stated regardless of any stats or how much shroud resists for everyone still has a 0.5% I think it was to hit.

5%, not 0.5%. What is an order of magnitude between friends, eh?

The original post links to the developer post that says this. My testing confirms that it is 5%.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be happening more often lately.

Could it be that, because more people are aware of it now, people are purposely stacking accuracy to troll the sins and shadows? :eek:

That's what my money's on!

Lol sounds like you're mad. That's fine. I agreed that something needed to change. Instead of reading what you want to see. Try to spend more energy actually comprehending what I am trying to say.

umad brah? Sounds like you mad.

Most of what I wrote was directed at L-Randle's posts, you just happened to be part of his group that thinks flashbang somehow doesn't have an ability classification. He's not representing the ignorant (and there's nothing wrong with not knowing all the obscure game mechanics) very well when he tells everyone else getting flashbanged through shroud is an l2p issue.

But you can call me angry if it helps everyone move on with their lives, I have nothing against you in particular, and more importantly we all agree that shroud needs to be fixed.

Edited by JP_Legatus

And also disregard all the events prior to the loss?

Sure buddy...

And I play ranked and when snipers bypass my 100% on Saber Ward, I have to deal with the same ****, but I am not here blowing smoke up people asses claiming its gamebreaking when not only all sin have to deal with it, other ACs have similar issues...

But keep trying... It's cute..

You can bypass 100% defense chance by stacking accuracy and/or using the sniper move that increases your accuracy by 30%, which WOULD put your defense chance under 100% and does allow some hits through. So unless that first 2s of saber ward is supposed to be actual immunity and gives you 200% defense (someone check on that?), it is working as intended.

The 200% chance shroud gives you on the other hand is too high for any amount of accuracy penetration to lower it under 100% chance to resist, via any mechanism other than the game being buggy and broken.

And for node guards that shroud is what keeps games from being lost. Your saber ward doesn't automatically lose the game for your team when it fails, because it's not primarily used to stop enemy caps in a 1v2 stealth play scenario. That's the difference between node guarding and dps/tank.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Bumping for great justice, this happens to me several times per day. Usually it's not game breaking but there are times when ive been node guarding and been CC:ed trough shroud and lost the node.

You can bypass 100% defense chance by stacking accuracy and/or using the sniper move that increases your accuracy by 30%, which WOULD put your defense chance under 100% and does allow some hits through. So unless that first 2s of saber ward is supposed to be actual immunity and gives you 200% defense (someone check on that?), it is working as intended.

The 200% chance shroud gives you on the other hand is too high for any amount of accuracy penetration to lower it under 100% chance to resist, via any mechanism other than the game being buggy and broken.

And for node guards that shroud is what keeps games from being lost. Your saber ward doesn't automatically lose the game for your team when it fails, because it's not primarily used to stop enemy caps in a 1v2 stealth play scenario. That's the difference between node guarding and dps/tank.

Well maybe they should just shutdown the never ending preseason of Ranked because it means so much...:rolleyes:

Did you guys notify the Senate that your ability to use the Force has diminished?:D

[EDIT] Also Saber Ward was a 150% buff to your native Defense when it was actually working, so yeah even a sniper buff didn't get through.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Back to the top.

TL;DR of the thread so far:

The officials MUST refine their post.

Cause IF they ninja made constant 5 % hit chance in hit result table, than:

1. There must be 5 % chance to penetrate sorc/sage force barrier, which is totally based on dodge/resist (gives 20 000 % dodge/resist). Yet I have not managed to hit through it, and there is no reports about it.

2. There must be 5 % chance to hit with white attack through dodge/evasion (gives 200 % ranged/melee dodge). Yet I have not managed to hit through it, and there is no reports about it.

3. There must be 5 % chance to penetrate sniper's covered escape (gives 200 % dodge/resist). Yet I have not managed to hit through it, and there is no reports about it.

Edited by Morde_

Most of what I wrote was directed at L-Randle's posts, you just happened to be part of his group that thinks flashbang somehow doesn't have an ability classification. He's not representing the ignorant (and there's nothing wrong with not knowing all the obscure game mechanics) very well when he tells everyone else getting flashbanged through shroud is an l2p issue.

But you can call me angry if it helps everyone move on with their lives, I have nothing against you in particular, and more importantly we all agree that shroud needs to be fixed.

So being forced to use your cc break early, because you are sitting 15m off node, isnt a L2P issue?

:confused:

Lawl...

So being forced to use your cc break early, because you are sitting 15m off node, isnt a L2P issue?

:confused:

Lawl...

Watch the OP video. If a scoundrel saps you while the shadow is on the door, you must break.

L-Randle really just needs to stop posting. He's wrong in every single thread. How has he not embarrassed himself enough to realize he shouldn't be posting about things he doesn't know about (which apparently is everything SWTOR PvP related). The dude's credibility on these forums has to be completely destroyed by now. Edited by DimeStax

L-Randle really just needs to stop posting. He's wrong in every single thread. How has he not embarrassed himself enough to realize he shouldn't be posting about things he doesn't know about (which apparently is everything SWTOR PvP related). The dude's credibility on these forums has to be completely destroyed by now.

Wow you are dense....

Was the OP on top of the node when he broke the first cc? The reason he had to break because he was playing grabass around the boxes and needed to try to make up ground.... Bad positioning is bad and couple that with the fact that the OP has "known about it having issues" makes it even more hilarious...

Credibility? You are about as deep as a kiddie pool Mr Bastion uber-leet-noobslayer. It only took me one watch to notice all those things... But keep crying and bumping so everybody can see it.... I am using all my cc during it now...

Rawr!:rak_03:

L-Randle really just needs to stop posting. He's wrong in every single thread. How has he not embarrassed himself enough to realize he shouldn't be posting about things he doesn't know about (which apparently is everything SWTOR PvP related). The dude's credibility on these forums has to be completely destroyed by now.

I have 2 words for you: ignore list

Wow you are dense....

Was the OP on top of the node when he broke the first cc? The reason he had to break because he was playing grabass around the boxes and needed to try to make up ground.... Bad positioning is bad and couple that with the fact that the OP has "known about it having issues" makes it even more hilarious...

Credibility? You are about as deep as a kiddie pool Mr Bastion uber-leet-noobslayer. It only took me one watch to notice all those things... But keep crying and bumping so everybody can see it.... I am using all my cc during it now...

Rawr!:rak_03:

You know nothing, John Snow.

I have 2 words for you: ignore list

Well I don't feel the need to ignore anyone. I stated if it is indeed broken, yes fix it, but the QQ and claiming its gamebreaking is a joke, if they are using the OP video as evidence. The OP got his cookies took.

Its pretty obvious who got their...... Underwear in a bunch here.

Im all for bantha fodder slinging to pass the time at work.....

Not exactly a captivating response....

Why dont you educate me in the ways of the Force?

People have tried numerous times in this thread and others. That's why many have just given up and ignored you.

You can't teach a rock.

Well a rock made you quit .....:rolleyes:

Ok chicken little....:rolleyes:

Quit what? Quit listening to the only guy in swtor who defends bolster and think it's been working as intended since its inception? Quit listening to the guy who knows nothing of nodeguarding in ranked, and who probably stands right on top of the flag in civil war?

In that case, I'm a quitter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Morde_

Quit what? Quit listening to the only guy in swtor who defends bolster and think it's been working as intended since its inception? Quit listening to the guy who knows nothing of nodeguarding in ranked, and who probably stands right on top of the flag in civil war?

In that case, I'm a quitter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was I wrong about bolster? Did they nerf the **** out of it so pve gear isn't viable anymore?

So is your protip for stealth is to sit 15m off nodes knowing that shroud could have issues?