What is wrong?

jamesgoth

I am playing a Jedi Sage dual speced in heal and damage.Since the last patch I do nearly half the damage I did before.I also take a lot less.I have some of the best gear for a level 42 sage yet the enemies cut through my health like I'm wearing nothing.I even did a test,I took off all my armour and fought an elite and 2 normal.My health went down the same amount as if I was wearing my armour.My companions take no damage at all even tho they have great armour.

1. You are in light armor, Sages are NOT melee characters. Your light saber is pretty much a glow stick.

2. Your best armor is your bubble..use it, hot key it.

3.. This is why you were given a tank companion right off the bat..let your companion draw agro first, then you attack. Which actually stinks for a shadow tank, having a tank companion first.

this is a common mistake I see, players will attack first and then their companion jumps in second. Remember to tell your companion to attack first..wait a few seconds and then attack..The same would apply in flashpoints and ops..give a few seconds for your tank to grab agro and then you attack.

In addition at level 40ish I would assume the dual spec'ing is hurting you and your group of you are doing flashpoints. By dual spec'ing into healing and dps, you are giving up some of your dps for healing and some of your healing for dps.. so in theory you are doing less damage and less healing then someone who went straight dps or straight heals. I know many run a hybrid dsp, between two dps trees, but not a heals/dps hybrid.

For 200k you can purchase a field respect. My suggestion is go full dps for questing and story line..battles go by pretty quick. Remember, as a Sage you will get three standard healing abilities and you can use when ever. Might want to switch to heals for Flashpoints...

When you hit 55 you are going to want to choose a path as the gear requirements are different. For example, a Sage healer does not need accuracy, where as a sage dps needs 110% accuracy, other stats differences as well.) or do what I have done and build two different armor sets.

Edited by Phill

I had a hybrid heal spec for leveling which was just great. it was so long ago that I can't remember it but it didn't go really high in the healer tree. just to the dot heal i think. i had my tank companion draw aggro first and then just put the bubble and dot heal on him while i dpsed. stuff died fast, i had no force problems and both of us had full health. was really boring to level with as i could play almost non stop at higher levels.

for hms you will want a field respect to go fully into heals or just go back and forth like i do. dps hybrid for dailies and healer for ops or hms when needed. i have both a 55 sage and inquisitor. they play exactly the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For one thing check your talent tree. Within each section, and at low tiers between sections there are talents that mutually reinforce each other and the abilities that you get at low levels. If your talent points are not working together at maximum efficiency you will notice it much more in a split spec than you would in a pure spec. You also need to make sure that your cast sequences are optimized for maximum effect.

As people said, try not to get hit. That's what your companion is for.

There's a point in mid to late leveling where not going with a full healing build really impairs the ability to just brute force heal through things. When you get there the smart course is choose a healing build or a dps build or switch between the two.

Finally be aware that the interaction of spells and talent points is deliberately designed to have a non-linear effect in terms of bang for your buck. Basically if you have a more balanced build you are spending resources to purchase balance that then cannot be used for output.