Supreme Mogul’s Contraband Pack

Sadness. I previewed the Diabolist chest piece and it clips like mad. :( Looks fine when my character (BT1 Miraluka) is just standing there, but I drew his weapon and, well, I think the pic speaks for itself:

http://imgur.com/kFLxT8S

Yes, that is my character's not-normally-bald head (and Miraluka mask) poking through the back of the hood. I have never seen something clip like that in the preview and then look fine actually on my character, so looks like I won't be buying this. :\

Are there any plans to fix this? Pretty please?

That does look bad, like the Regal Apparel Miniskirt, though that one looks fine when drawing weapon in preview, clips with the matching chestpiece when simply previewing... and utterly clips with the legs when you move any in it. Had hoped they took a little time to fix that, but nope.

This one is just another sign that BW devs don't even check their own work, every one that I know that does any form of the simplest scripting checks their own work, I have done some of that and I always kept checking and fine-tuning.

That it all has to be in cartel market/packs is not nice, but when it's in there AND broken like this it's an insult.

Did a preview on a character body type 1 looked fine, then went to my body type 4 miraluka (with eye mask, not hood mask), and had the ear clipping when drawing weapon, same as I for a long time saw with the Brocart Vestments (crafted). Of course mine were both female, yours looks male. It can be a specific head issue. But there have been enough hood issues in the past for them to know how to check it, and this looks like taking an old model and adjusting a copy of it, bugs included.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a preview on a character body type 1 looked fine, then went to my body type 4 miraluka (with eye mask, not hood mask), and had the ear clipping when drawing weapon, same as I for a long time saw with the Brocart Vestments (crafted). Of course mine were both female, yours looks male. It can be a specific head issue. But there have been enough hood issues in the past for them to know how to check it, and this looks like taking an old model and adjusting a copy of it, bugs included.

Yes indeed, mine is male. I've noticed the degree of hood clipping also depends on your character's battle animations and weapon-drawn stance, and as you found, it doesn't clip like this on every body type. Maybe they test things on the most popular body types and then just hope they work well on the rest? :confused:

The thing is, I know this isn't an impossible issue to fix. Long ago, I had a hooded robe on an identical character type that had clipping even worse than this, but it was fixed in a patch. So they can do it! :) But some current armor in the game has hoods that clip like this so it is probably like you suggest, that they are simply using an existing hood model that has clipping issues already.

How about you come out with something new in the cartel packs? All they do is make the same item and release it in a new color. If you want people to spend real money for something, then actually put a little time and innovation into your cartel packs. Bioware is just trying to milk these cartel packs, without putting any effort into them. My thought is to boycott this crap. By the way "Copper Color Crystal" ha! That is the ugliest pos ever. Just my two cents.

PS: instead making crappy cartel packs, how about a new warzone and preason to end?!?! Just a thought the preseason has lasted one and half years might be time for a new one.

Hey I just subbed again to hold me over till XIV comes out and I have a couple questions.

If I buy the 24x SM Contraband Pack, do I get every item listed here or am I going to end up w/ a lot of doubles and not every item? I haven't bought any Packs ever so I don't know. I bought 11,000 CC's to get Character/Legacy Unlocks and have a few thousand CC's left over so I might as well spend them now.

Do the armors and weapons actually have stats or are they just for show?

Thanks for your time!

If I buy the 24x SM Contraband Pack, do I get every item listed here or am I going to end up w/ a lot of doubles and not every item?

You almost certainly won't get every item, although the exact breakdown comes down to luck, of course. I would say to expect quite a few duplicates and that you may have to go to the GTN to pick up specific items you are looking for. You should get most things, though.

Do the armors and weapons actually have stats or are they just for show?

They're adaptable, so except for some very minor stats on the weapons (i think they come with tech/force power and occasionally another stat), they're there for looks. You'll have to pop the mods, etc. in yourself to get the stats you're looking for.

Edited by Lesaberisa

Why did you post the pictures on facebook? You can't tell what the armor sets are called and there's many troll comments bashing tor and gamble packs. Dumb idea marketing person responsible.

Anyways.. its not the best gamble pack. The only item i'm keen for is the red aratech reskin. Nice one.

Ps. More skimpy armor please :p Mira's set is not really.

Took some time, but I finally got all items I wanted again. :)

Really liking the new stylish dance. It is great the developers listened to player feedback for a Gangnam Style dance. Finding a blue jacked was easy enough with the dye modules, now I just need to find something resembling black sunglasses... :D