Expansion Question

DarthMetier

I have taken a hiatus from the game and see a few changes from when I left. Can one do HMFP's at level 50 to work on going from level 50 to level 55? Or is the expansion the only place where you can progress your character?

You don't specify, but did you buy the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion?

If you did, then any XP-accruing activity will progress your level from 50-55: Makeb, Dailies, HMFPs (and don't forget the Dailies for that to get more XP!), even class quests if you're not finished with it before Level 50 (I've had two characters hit 51 while still on Corellia).

If you don't have RotHC, then you can't progress past 50.

I'm a new player and I don't even know if this is the right place to ask but I'm tired of looking around. I want to buy the digital upgrade pack but I want to know first if I can use the items for all my characters in the server or just the one that I was using when I made the purchase. Also how the heck do I access the Rise of the Hutt Cartel missions? I'm already on Correlia. Please and Thank you.

I'm a new player and I don't even know if this is the right place to ask but I'm tired of looking around. I want to buy the digital upgrade pack but I want to know first if I can use the items for all my characters in the server or just the one that I was using when I made the purchase.

If you've bought the expansion then all your account's characters can level to 55, and use any allowed items (so long as they meet any other restrictions: e.g. a level 22 character can't use an item for level 53 and up just because you bought RotHC; commandos still can't use lightsabres).

Also how the heck do I access the Rise of the Hutt Cartel missions? I'm already on Correlia. Please and Thank you.

Once you get to level 50 you'll get a message from some NPC on your faction (or pick up a quest from the mission box - maybe either/both, or jsut click your ship's holoterminal - I forget, point is it's hard to actually avoid) saying "get to Makeb!". Makeb's the planet where the RotHC quests take place. If you've bought the expansion you can level past 50 without visiting it though.

I'm a new player and I don't even know if this is the right place to ask but I'm tired of looking around.

You can make a new thread in this section for your questions. It just makes it easier to help you with your questions without the old, unrelated posts in the thread.

I want to buy the digital upgrade pack but I want to know first if I can use the items for all my characters in the server or just the one that I was using when I made the purchase.

Yes you can, it will activate on all your current and future characters you may create.

]Also how the heck do I access the Rise of the Hutt Cartel missions? I'm already on Correlia. Please and Thank you.

The quest line starts at your ships Holoterminal where you will receive a cutscene to travel to Makeb. You will need to be level 50 but do not need to complete your class missions.

Here is a great guide to the RotHC expansion including Makeb, http://dulfy.net/2013/04/08/swtor-rise-of-the-hutt-cartel-expansion-starter-guide/