Watchman or Combat? for PvP

Daylooin

To be exact, if you plan on doing Ranked PvP run as Focus or Smash monkey spec because it is the only viable spec for this class in PvP. A lot of people say that you can get away with using combat but don't beleive it, as you will be CCed and brought out of 90% of your hard hitting abilities when you do try to burst someone down (if they are watching your resolve bar and channeled ability).

i still think that Sentienl is a brok dick class for PvP as Snipers, Agents, Scoundrels, Sorcs, Juggs, Guardians, Sages, and Gunslingers do a **** ton more burst in PvP than we do and have better survival tools at their disposal.

Best mitigation buffs in game, yeah, it actually let's you survive the 5 second CC horror you will experience as a Sentiel and that's about it.

Edited by Tonev

To be exact, if you plan on doing Ranked PvP run as Focus or Smash monkey spec because it is the only viable spec for this class in PvP. A lot of people say that you can get away with using combat but don't beleive it, as you will be CCed and brought out of 90% of your hard hitting abilities when you do try to burst someone down (if they are watching your resolve bar and channeled ability).

i still think that Sentienl is a brok dick class for PvP as Snipers, Agents, Scoundrels, Sorcs, Juggs, Guardians, Sages, and Gunslingers do a **** ton more burst in PvP than we do and have better survival tools at their disposal.

Best mitigation buffs in game, yeah, it actually let's you survive the 5 second CC horror you will experience as a Sentiel and that's about it.

Having a combat sent is great in ranked for civil war, huttball, and voidstar defense. That's half the maps.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

To answer the OP's question, combat is better in general now, but watchman has always been a better dueling spec. There are a few possible exceptions to this- combat might have a better chance against a good scoundrel healer who knows how to cleanse watchman dots. You shouldn't beat a good scoundrel healer anyway though, as any spec.

• 2 weeks later...
To answer the OP's question, combat is better in general now, but watchman has always been a better dueling spec. There are a few possible exceptions to this- combat might have a better chance against a good scoundrel healer who knows how to cleanse watchman dots. You shouldn't beat a good scoundrel healer anyway though, as any spec.

and that's how the devs balanced the classes in this game.

Any class besides another Sentinel/Marauder wouldn't stand a chance if the devs would have designed the class as played in the KotOR games. Restealthing is the only thing that would save a Scoundrel because their heals wouldn't keep up with the onslaught of dual-blades.

and that's how the devs balanced the classes in this game.

Any class besides another Sentinel/Marauder wouldn't stand a chance if the devs would have designed the class as played in the KotOR games. Restealthing is the only thing that would save a Scoundrel because their heals wouldn't keep up with the onslaught of dual-blades.

Not sure what you're trying to say, sounds RPish to me..... you think sent should definitely be the best 1v1 class? I main one, and I don't think so. It'd be good for me though lol.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Not sure what you're trying to say, sounds RPish to me..... you think sent should definitely be the best 1v1 class? I main one, and I don't think so. It'd be good for me though lol.

Check the information online and you decide. Majority of the Jedi/Sith trained in dual weapon combat. But lore has Guardian/Juggernaut as being the best 1v1.

Edited by Ramtar

Check the information online and you decide. Majority of the Jedi/Sith trained in dual weapon combat. But lore has Guardian/Juggernaut as being the best 1v1.

But you just inferred that sent/mara should be the strongest 1v1 class lol. Anyway, I love love love Star Wars lore but I don't think we should really be basing our class balance decisions around it.

But you just inferred that sent/mara should be the strongest 1v1 class lol. Anyway, I love love love Star Wars lore but I don't think we should really be basing our class balance decisions around it.

because of the 2d light saber. It is the game changer: Single/Double bladed weapons, blaster bolts, Force Lighting can all be deflected by the main/off hand light saber allowing the off/main hand light saber to attack.

Sentinel/Marauder should be the Masters of Melee Combat, no matter what tree is selected. The only class that should be our equal on the battlefield in another Sentinel/Marauder.

Edited by Ramtar