ewok == mistake

Udom

I cannot tell you how much I hate ewoks. Fuzzy little Teddy bears with rocks and sticks takes out battalions of storm troopers?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I thought storm troopers were supposed to be these battle hardened comandos. :confused: But no. The Emporor took a look at the forest moon of Endor and judged correctly. But the Emperor did not realize that George Lucas was making the movie... Ruthless Droid army; Geonosians; Wookies. All a big challenge.

Ewoks... Ewoks are the demise of the empire and ruthless killers. The driod army should have carried rocks and sticks and they would have won.

And now we have Ewok companions.... sigh.

I never thought of giving up the game until now. :(

I thought storm troopers were supposed to be these battle hardened comandos.(

yea just like the blaster marks on the jawa sandcrawler in ANH were too accurate to be sand people, yet they cant seem to ever hit anything when the real shooting happens

yea just like the blaster marks on the jawa sandcrawler in ANH were too accurate to be sand people, yet they cant seem to ever hit anything when the real shooting happens

They hit the rebel troopers on the Tantive IV, they hit Leia and R2 on Endor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because something, something, they beat a legion of Stormtroopers, when really it was more to it then just that. In fact they didn't even beat the legion, well alone anyway.

Seems like people are getting upset over nothing.

Originally that scene was going to be set on Kashyyk, and it was going to be Wookies rather than Ewoks that would defeat the Empire in the land battle. Think about how much more epic that would have been?!

Lucas however wanted to insert a Vietnam War allegory, so he decided to make the faction that defeated the Imps be at a technological disadvantage. Hence, Ewoks.

It was a bad idea. While there are some cool sequences, like the traps that defeat the walkers, seeing fully armored stormtroopers beat to death with clubs just doesn't work.

The VERY REASON that the Ewoks beat the Stormtroopers was because the Empire underestimated them the way the original post did. If the Empire took the Ewoks seriously, they could've won.

But wait, Stormtroopers are "battle-hardened commandos?"

Uh... no. They are bad shots who miss 90% of the time. The 10% that actually hit are also nowhere near enough.

The VERY REASON that the Ewoks beat the Stormtroopers was because the Empire underestimated them the way the original post did. If the Empire took the Ewoks seriously, they could've won.

Uh... no. They are bad shots who miss 90% of the time. The 10% that actually hit are also nowhere near enough.

Because of plot armor....

Plot armor? Really? THAT'S the best defense you could come up with? You might as well say plot armor is how the empire survived the destruction of their main headquarters (The Death Star I) in Episode IV.

Yes plot armor, doesn't make sense for the bad guys to hit the main characters(unless the plot calls for it) now does it? Explain how it makes sense for the Empire to waste resources to train Stormtroopers for 2 years, if they are piss poor at aiming? Why wouldn't they just try something else if it wasn't working? So yes...plot armor...

In fact if you recall, the Empire let Luke and co get away from the Death Star so they could track them to the Rebel Base, so of course the Stormtroopers were going to miss.

Battle of Endor...ok we saw what? A few scenes with groups of Ewoks tackling 1-2 stormtroopers and then clubbing on them? At best aside from this, all we saw were Stormtroopers getting knocked down by rocks or getting ganged upon being beat to hell with clubs multiple times on multiple areas.

This is just a few scenes too, how do we know this was happening to everyone of them? Plus you're also forgetting that the Rebels were also fighting(Han, Chewie, Leia, + Rebel Specforce fighters), it wasn't just the Ewoks. Chewie also turned the battle around drastically by hijacking an AT-ST, so they did have some vehicle support too.

On top of this, the Stormtroopers were also sticking out like sore thumbs in a forest environment in white armor.

Another thing, if they weren't elite then why were some chosen to be Imperial Royal Guards? Ya know, the guys that serve and protect Palpatine and also possibly becoming dark jedi if they were strong in The Force?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

According To Palpatine in ROTJ "an entire legion of my best troops await them" so technically according to palps those Stormies are some sort of battle-hardened force.

Plot armor? Really? THAT'S the best defense you could come up with? You might as well say plot armor is how the empire survived the destruction of their main headquarters (The Death Star I) in Episode IV.
Cracked have a better explanation, and its actually a pretty good one. Edited by Beniboybling

Another thing, if they weren't elite then why were some chosen to be Imperial Royal Guards? Ya know, the guys that serve and protect Palpatine and also possibly becoming dark jedi if they were strong in The Force?

Your Royal Guard argument isn't as strong as you think.

VERY FEW Imperials get the honor of becoming Imperial Royal Guards. You have to be INCREDIBLY skilled and hand-picked by the emperor. They make up a VERY small number in the armed forces. I think only 1-5% of Imperials are considered good enough to be royal guards. I have a feeling they are one of the few "common" troops that the Empire does not consider expendable. (And that's saying something. No matter how good the Stormtroopers actually are, I'm sure you agree that the empire has a VERY broad definition of what is considered expendable forces.)

Cracked have a better explanation, and its actually a pretty good one.

Hmm... clever.

Even so, I still have a feeling there's more to it. At the very least, I have heard another explanation as to why they are worse shots than the Clone Troopers. (Something to do with the Empire using more people, not just Jango Fett, as cloning templates.)

I cannot tell you how much I hate ewoks. Fuzzy little Teddy bears with rocks and sticks takes out battalions of storm troopers?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I thought storm troopers were supposed to be these battle hardened comandos. :confused: But no. The Emporor took a look at the forest moon of Endor and judged correctly. But the Emperor did not realize that George Lucas was making the movie... Ruthless Droid army; Geonosians; Wookies. All a big challenge.

Ewoks... Ewoks are the demise of the empire and ruthless killers. The driod army should have carried rocks and sticks and they would have won.

And now we have Ewok companions.... sigh.

I never thought of giving up the game until now. :(

go read the essential guide to warfare puts it in a new light