Game Update 7.2.1 coming March 28th! ×
PvP Season 2: Piercing the Veil beginning March 28th! ×

Bolster PvP gear to 72's for nightmare raids

Seriously why can't I run Nightmare raids and be competitive in a PvE environment in my PvP gear? This game is WAY too competitive and needs to be more casual and open to everyone! If I want to run these amazing, adaptive, completely unpredictable and certainly not repetitive PvE raids, why should I need to do it in PvE gear? It makes no sense at all! As long as there is a mechanic that allows my gear to be scaled up, I think it is fair for everyone to be on par. In fact, I think its fair all gear be constantly scaled up in every instance everywhere for a more even, fair, playing field. Edited by Darth_Precursor

Omg, not even worth 0/5.

You pvp sissies should really coordinate yourself better on the forums, we are still in Resolve from Schwartz's or whatever his name was thread on the same non-topic.

If you don't like your minigame anymore, unsuscribe.

/thread

what is this the 100th time you have posted this? Still havent learned? pve rank 72 gear bolstered in pvp isnt even close to on par with conqueror gear. its about 500-600 exp short. Also you dont see many people relying on bolster while using pve gear in ranked warzones because those people get shredded for not being at cap.

I would also like to point out that pvp gear is more than adequate for pve raiding. Go do the SM raids to get rank 69 arkanian just like the pvers do in their progression grind. Then do HMs to get those 72s...then try nightmare.

Have you ever even done an operation on the current tier level? it isnt hard to get the gear and your conqueror set is more than adequate.

Seriously why can't I run Nightmare raids and be competitive in a PvE environment in my PvP gear? This game is WAY too competitive and needs to be more casual and open to everyone! If I want to run these amazing, adaptive, completely unpredictable and certainly not repetitive PvE raids, why should I need to do it in PvE gear? It makes no sense at all! As long as there is a mechanic that allows my gear to be scaled up, I think it is fair for everyone to be on par. In fact, I think its fair all gear be constantly scaled up in every instance everywhere for a more even, fair, playing field.

This sounds about as casual as you can get.

PvE is about the progression. What progression is there if everyone is bolstered up to the top? You know how easy it would be to just ignore PvE gear drops and just farm PvP gear? If all I focused on was PvP, getting full conqueror is not nearly as time consuming as trying to get full BiS. In a 16man raid team, I am still not BiS from the PREVIOUS tier, let alone this new tier. We have an entirely new operation coming out tomorrow, and what do I have so far from this tier? Non-optimized bracers. That is it. How long have I been raiding this tier? Weeks and weeks.

If I spent all that time PvPing, I could have a lot more upgrades that I could just cheese with if a bolster system did exist in PvE. It would eliminate the grind and progression that makes PvE what it is.

Let's put this in a little perspective:

Can you participate and perform adequately in regular PvP in 69/72 PvE gear?

YES, as long as you generally know how to play your character.

Can you participate and perform adequately in Story Mode level 55 operations in Partisan/Conqueror PvP gear?

****************************************************************************************************

Can you participate in RANKED PvP in 69/72 PvE gear?

YES, but you will likely just be medal/rating fodder for the opposing team, and piss off the people you are playing with, by coming in the wrong gear.

Can you participate in HM/NiM level 55 Ops in Partisan/Conqueror PvP gear?

YES, but you will likely not be able to contribute enough to miss enrage, mitigate the spikes as a tank, or produce adequate healing, and piss off the people you are playing with, by coming in the wrong gear.

I think that about sums it up.....

The problem from the PvP side is that PvE gear level 61 through 66 tend to provide equivalent stats as top PvP gear in terms of both stats and expertise. This completely removes the progression in PvP, when the lowest tiers of PvE gear are as competitive. Ironically PvE gear level 69 and up loses tons of expertise compared lower level PvE gear, even though other stats gain is insignificant after bolster. It is simply failure in design. The word is now days that crafted purple gear level 63 is BiS.

While the request is obviously not a serious request, the progression in PvP right now is non-existent at level 55, not to mention bolster numerous exploits. In comparison, the PvE gearing is much more stable and progressive, which used to be the same in PvP pre-expansion.

Edited by Ottoattack

• 3 weeks later...
The problem from the PvP side is that PvE gear level 61 through 66 tend to provide equivalent stats as top PvP gear in terms of both stats and expertise. This completely removes the progression in PvP, when the lowest tiers of PvE gear are as competitive. Ironically PvE gear level 69 and up loses tons of expertise compared lower level PvE gear, even though other stats gain is insignificant after bolster. It is simply failure in design. The word is now days that crafted purple gear level 63 is BiS.

While the request is obviously not a serious request, the progression in PvP right now is non-existent at level 55, not to mention bolster numerous exploits. In comparison, the PvE gearing is much more stable and progressive, which used to be the same in PvP pre-expansion.

Well said -- those who PvP and PvE are now stuck in a quandry where the PvE stuff is more than competitive in the warzones, and our PvP gear is not sufficient to join most of our fellow guildies on areas like Toborro's.

I have a mix of hazmat gear, blackhole gear and partisan gear and am only able to get my expertise to 1900, which my endurance and main stat is 2300. If I switch out the partisan implants and earpieces for a BH equivalent or a hazmat equivalent my expertise goes down. Also if I switch out my bh gear for hazmat gear, my expertise goes down again-but my endurance goes up.

Please give me a list of the exact 63 gear I would need to get myself to 2018 expertise and 2400-2500 main stat and endurance please if you say it is the best. I have not been able to do this so far.

Can you participate and perform adequately in Story Mode level 55 operations in Partisan/Conqueror PvP gear?

****************************************************************************************************

YES, but you will likely just be medal/rating fodder for the opposing team, and piss off the people you are playing with, by coming in the wrong gear.

YES, but you will likely not be able to contribute enough to miss enrage, mitigate the spikes as a tank, or produce adequate healing, and piss off the people you are playing with, by coming in the wrong gear.

Best answer ever.

I'm now seeing PvE stuff min/maxed so that it is better than Conqueror...so?

Only thing I believe is better (I'm full conq/majority 75 PvE gear) is MH/OH

I assume you want the stats for MH/OH armoring & hilt.

http://i.imgur.com/sYY63YQ.jpg?1 (+ 71 (72-75 PvE) force power)

http://i.imgur.com/cCtEGn3.jpg?1 (+230 force power) 65-75 PvP-PvE) Only lose 68 expertise.)

Is what you gain/lose, 68 expertise is out of a warzone so its even less.

The amount of players you will see running around with BiS conq gear and 75 MH/OH are slim to none if any at all.

Pictures are outdated, only thing that may be better is 75 PvE Hilt/armoring.

Seriously ?! For the same reason PvErs can't be as effective in PvE gear in PvP. Wanna PvP get PvP gear. Wanna do OPS come get PvE gear like the rest of us. IMO opinion expertise should somehow be based on your rank. Current ranking system would need to be reworked obviously. Then it wouldn't matter where you got your gear but only how good you were/are at PvP. It's bad enough the constant crying from PvPers ruined countless DPS classes!!! Now this again.

************************************************** **************************************************

Completly agree.

Edited by Praetorian_jedi
Typos