S&V - 8M - HM - Thrasher - buggy

This encounter really needs to be looked at.

He does not always channel roar after his knock up ability.

His roar, even when close to the snipers, does not always clear their shields.

Snipers and demo' NPCs give LOS issues like crazy.

The upper ring around the area is littered with invisible objects that block movement around.

I seriously wonder how much you test encounters, and fix the reported bugs, before you release them.

This encounter really needs to be looked at.

He does not always channel roar after his knock up ability.

His roar, even when close to the snipers, does not always clear their shields.

Snipers and demo' NPCs give LOS issues like crazy.

The upper ring around the area is littered with invisible objects that block movement around.

I seriously wonder how much you test encounters, and fix the reported bugs, before you release them.

The Knock Up is not the trigger for the Roar. The Trigger is the person who has threat being far away from him.

Roar does not get rid of sniper shield. Any cover breaking ability or forcing them to move does.

The LoS is caused by the wall on the edge of the upper ring. Should be looked in to, but not a priority.

Not sure what you mean by invisible objects.

The Knock Up is not the trigger for the Roar. The Trigger is the person who has threat being far away from him.

Roar does not get rid of sniper shield. Any cover breaking ability or forcing them to move does.

The LoS is caused by the wall on the edge of the upper ring. Should be looked in to, but not a priority.

Not sure what you mean by invisible objects.

Ok, then the various guide sites have the Roar thing all wrong as it applies to the shields.

As for invisible objects. Was up on the ring, beat up the guys and went to run to the next group who were spawning in the area next to where I was, and 3 or 4 times as I was walking I got stuck on something and had to jump and move around in odd directions to get off the invisible whatever I was hung up on.

Ok, then the various guide sites have the Roar thing all wrong as it applies to the shields.

As for invisible objects. Was up on the ring, beat up the guys and went to run to the next group who were spawning in the area next to where I was, and 3 or 4 times as I was walking I got stuck on something and had to jump and move around in odd directions to get off the invisible whatever I was hung up on.

Yeah, I have to laugh at the *majority* of the guide videos and written. They hardly ever detail what a mechanic is. Rather they do what they assume it is.

Hmmm, that may just be laziness. Considering that the intent of the mechanic is to go up, come down, then go up again. They may not have smoothed everything around the ring.

Mechanics / Strategy:

- Start out in the center of the arena.

- Tank pulls the boss towards the walls where the snipers are as soon as they appear

- Tank will get a "Frenzy" buff and knocked up unless he's too close to the walls

- The off-tank taunts the boss when he roars, rotates the boss and slowly takes the boss towards the center of the arena. Slowly so he doesn't roar.

- Tank needs to hit/taunt the snipers up the wall (the center one) to take down the shields. Taunting from below DOES NOT WORK. Note that if any DPS is up on the walls that they can damage the snipers, but they cannot break the shields. And DPS on the bottom floor will notice the ABSORB message when they try to damage the snipers.

- DPS take down the Demolitionist first. Sentinels will want to leap to them to get up the walls.

- Marked with Firebug = run towards the gates / where Bo Zarran stands. You can run back when the Firebug starts kneeling.

- Avoid standing in front of Thrasher if you're not tanking. Cleave damage.

The above has always worked for our guild runs. Try it out.

-------

Off topic: we usually go by guides we find on the internet, but our guild has found several mechanics all over S&V that hasn't been mentioned anywhere else. I'm considering posting guides for both S&V and TFB because I wrote them for our guild only. The thing is that I used some censored language in those guides because they like my humor :p Anyway good luck!

Edited by Rahizm

I would NOT take most websites seriously when it comes to written documentation (or video) regarding strategies in Hardmode and beyond. Most of the time, they get key parts of the fight completely wrong- or they do the fight once and write out what they record as if everything is happening exactly for the right reason (such as roar after a knock up).

The only way to completely understand a fight now is to do it yourself and create a working strategy based on the composition and players involved.

Thrasher was never buggy for us, and was extremely simple in Hardmode. Unless some patch made him super buggy, I believe its all working as intended (except for the minor LoS issue). However, that LoS issue is fine since the people killing those adds are supposed to utilize the knockup and there up there to begin with.

Edit: A lot of the top guilds don't necessarily write out guides for the content they clear through. I know our strats differ from others top guilds on a per boss basis, but we all don't go around writing up how we executed a fight. From my point of view, progression is about the journey- not the end. Why would I want to ruin that journey for you?

Again, most websites that post a lot of strategies about content in SWTOR will be wrong about a lot of the mechanics. Just like websites that dedicate themselves to giving end game advice regarding classes. People run to Noxxic which I find extremely outdated and wrong.

Edited by Aerro

^ what he said.

My guild has run both the HMs several times now, all successfully. We took note of everything we could take note of. The info I gave earlier is part of it.

For example:

Thrasher's target is given a damage boost. Then is knocked up the walls. Why? -> To bring down the shields + kill the snipers.

I couldn't find the above info anywhere. The funny thing is, this also happens on Story Mode, minus the Sniper shields.

On the Noxxic thing, YEAH DEFINITELY. Information on the swtor.com forums is the most useful source you can find on the net.

Edited by Rahizm

I would NOT take most websites seriously when it comes to written documentation (or video) regarding strategies in Hardmode and beyond. Most of the time, they get key parts of the fight completely wrong- or they do the fight once and write out what they record as if everything is happening exactly for the right reason (such as roar after a knock up).

The only way to completely understand a fight now is to do it yourself and create a working strategy based on the composition and players involved.

Thrasher was never buggy for us, and was extremely simple in Hardmode. Unless some patch made him super buggy, I believe its all working as intended (except for the minor LoS issue). However, that LoS issue is fine since the people killing those adds are supposed to utilize the knockup and there up there to begin with.

Edit: A lot of the top guilds don't necessarily write out guides for the content they clear through. I know our strats differ from others top guilds on a per boss basis, but we all don't go around writing up how we executed a fight. From my point of view, progression is about the journey- not the end. Why would I want to ruin that journey for you?

Again, most websites that post a lot of strategies about content in SWTOR will be wrong about a lot of the mechanics. Just like websites that dedicate themselves to giving end game advice regarding classes. People run to Noxxic which I find extremely outdated and wrong.

Dear God why did you have to bring up that God forsaken site called Noxxic!? It hurts....they are worse the general chat :mad:

Never had those problems. Don't need the roar to break the shields can kill them fast enough to have plenty of time before the next group spawns. Not getting stuck at all running near the wall around the circle/and or go down to dmg boss after adds are down and jump back up).

If you're having issues on the Thrasher fight, consider assigning 1 (or 2) ranged dps, as well as a tank and healer to go upstairs and stay up the entire fight, simply running around to each spawn location. This lets the tank on the ground park Thrasher into a wall, and eliminates a lot of the random fire bugs (and other mechanics) that the fight is designed around.

When I pug this, we generally send 1 ranged, 1 tank, and 1 healer up, and then run around together, while everyone else down below just burns the boss; it's generally a ranged dps that goes up, so they can dps the boss when the adds are down, but you can send a melee up if necessary. Thrasher has defense like tissue paper, making it very easy for 2 or 3 dps to rip through his health in a matter of minutes.